Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans - Post Match Discussion

Beating the Gold Coast well should have been a relatively easy task with the amount of injuries they had and losing their key play maker so early. In reality, they only had 15 players to complete the match and still we struggled. Like most have said, Hoggman is not the answer and it's time that experiment ended. Surely a straight swap with Barba when we are in possession is the answer.

who cares if it's not spelt properly!? im not going to go into the dictionary to find the exact spelling of a word just to make you happy, yes name calling was a bit over the top but i totally stand by the post, there is alot of people on here more concerned about trashing others posts then offering their own opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans Post-game discussion

Enough of that guys, stick to the thread topic. No more spelling corrections.

does anyone think they may give reed a go at lock this game ?

we are down on forwards and have plenty of cover in the backs.

Re: Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans Post-game discussion

The top sides probably would have, although we'll never know.

What we do know is that we let in 30, or close to it, against the roosters, rabbitohs, eels and cowboys. If we'd conceded just one fewer try in each of those games, we'd be level with the Bulldogs in 1st spot, pending their game today. In other words, they've mostly been reasonably close losses, despite the large number of points put on us.

We have the points in us, we need to improve in defence.

This isn't to say that I wouldn't like a better 5/8 and more points, because we're definitely relying on Hunt too much, but better defence will see us move up the ladder.

To me, we are saying the same thing. Amen to that, except it is not just defence.

I have been posting from the beginning more or less that we have shown we can be a top 4 side if we lift in defence and score the extra points we need when down by a few.

If we had moved the ball to the right 3 or so more times where the Tits were utterly threadbare defensively we would have put on another 20, but we didn't, and a large part of that reason is that nobody bothered to look, and that's THE problem with a) too much pressure on Hunt and b) lack of a 2nd genuine play maker in the middle (which Macca sadly is not, for all his qualities, and what separates him from Cam Smith and Robbie Farah) and c) no genuine 5/8

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Galah
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Nerd
  • Mr Fourex
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Brocko
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrMoore
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.