Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Speaking of Maranta. Played with confidence. Stepped Matt Scott on a hit up instead of dancing in front of him. Tackled everything he needed to. Scored his first try one handed and did well on his second try.

I guess that that was out of respect of our opposition that we took the two but I'm with Nikorima who wanted to tap and run

The problem is it was the Cowboys attack that deserved respect. Their defence tonight was awful, we carved them up in the first twenty. I know it sounds weird, but if we respected the things they excelled at, we would have gone for the try.

Speaking of Maranta. Played with confidence. Stepped Matt Scott on a hit up instead of dancing in front of him. Tackled everything he needed to. Scored his first try one handed and did well on his second try.

Annoyingly I have to agree he had a good game

The problem is it was the Cowboys attack that deserved respect. Their defence tonight was awful, we carved them up in the first twenty. I know it sounds weird, but if we respected the things they excelled at, we would have gone for the try.

I totally agree cowboys are woeful in defence I would have gone for more, most situations I would have gone yes square up the points but not against the cowboys, defence won't keep them at bay they are just too good in attack

Cowboys 100% completion. Just wow you can't beat that bravo to them

Continued.... No ball repeat set after set, we just lost our way... I felt the whole game that we looked a bit flat, Cowboys defence looked shite when we rolled through some quick plays and we scored relatively easily.... But a couple of poor errors and 90 odd more tackles... There's always next week

I don't recall too many opportunities to earn repeat sets. Most of the time we got there, we scored.

Line speed and intensity are two areas where we failed badly tonight. Every kick the Cowboys put in pinned us inside our 20, whereas every kick we had was caught by Coote without pressure before he ran for 10-15m to the 25-30m mark. Then when JT had the ball we hung off him as if he had ebola or something.

If we get those things right then maybe the errors aren't fatal. When you have 39% possession, every error is magnified, and when you don't chase kicks with intensity and allow JT to run riot, you get 39% possession.

These were 2 things which really stood out. Thurston was given far too much latitude, and for mine was the stand out player.

Blair's knock on was as others said, a crucial turning point and just inexcusable. He is also softer than I ever thought. Damn we miss McGuire, and Dodds as well.

Other than that, I agree with what others seem to be saying. We do a lot of things really well, a few not so well, but it's slowly getting better and we deserve where we are on the ladder.

Milford is getting better and 5/8 and I thought Boyd played very well as well. Still so frustrating to lose when I thought we were overall, the more dangerous side and seriously threatened their defence constantly. I leave this loss optimistic ... but please get rid of Blair. He offers nothing.

Last edited:
Apart from the fact that we lost, I actually thought our attack looked better tonight.

There were good signs, and one of those being from Boyd. He was good, and so was Milford.

Getting outside Glenn we have Milf then Reed. It was Reed who missed the last Morgan try. (

It was Reed for all of them. He kept getting drawn to his centre, which yes is his job, but he did it FOUR times for THREE tries. Fool me once etc. Morgan scored the same try he scored last week 3 times. Poor defence plan and/or should've been addressed at HT

Milford probably should have rushed Morgan receiving the ball at least once or twice though to make them think twice but that thinking will come into his mind now after unfortunately.

When can we have Dale back?

Really missed McGuire. Blair was mostly awful. Bad 200th. On that, can we not throw passes to players' heads? (Macca). Milf was great in attack. Starting to see his FB play come into his game at 5/8th.

Gillo was better, especially in defence. Glenn was consistent as usual. Still hate how we use our second-row. Boyd showed an example for the halves about holding up defensive players to put a teammate into a hole.

Cooper try was a bad effort from both Boyd and Kahu. Thaiday was meh. Even less so for Molo. Kodi and Corey got no time on the field and especially none in attack.

Great effort in defence for the most part, we made an extra thousand tackles so not too shocked we lost in the end. Possession wins 95% of the time.

I think we can all agree that with the extremely limited opportunities we got we showed great attack that was probably some of the best I seen from us this year. It is errors at key moments that is killing us.

Maranta:

Attachments

• Maranta.jpg
    Maranta.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 45
Probably the most Griffin-like presser from Bennett.

Thought everyone was good and the difference was that we made a couple of mistakes down our end.

I tend to agree and glad he didn't throw Blair or Molo under the bus despite the invitation.

It was Reed for all of them. He kept getting drawn to his centre, which yes is his job, but he did it FOUR times for THREE tries. Fool me once etc. Morgan scored the same try he scored last week 3 times. Poor defence plan and/or should've been addressed at HT

Very disappointing that we didn't learn from the first one.

Cooper try was a bad effort from both Boyd and Kahu. Thaiday was meh. Even less so for Molo. Kodi and Corey got no time on the field and especially none in attack.

I'm not sure I'd put Kahu in that group. The ball landed 3 players in. Kahu still needs to cover the winger.

Bennett was upbeat in the presser. Happy with the performance. Couple of crucial errors cost us. Happy with development of Milf and Boyd progressing - said it will take him a month and stands by that.
Also pleased with the way the youngsters such as Wallace and Molo are going as well.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • dasherhalo
  • ParraMania
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.