Round 10 - Panthers vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macca needs more then some friendly advice from Smith to play to his potential IMO.

No doubt but the more insight Macca can get the better.

The dummy half position has always been a source of disappointment for the Broncos.

Maybe he should sleep with somebody a night before a game?

ivanhungryjak said:
BTW, did anyone else see Macca and Smith after the game - they seemed deep in conversation for about five minutes and the way they were moving their hands and looking around, I just got the feeling that Smith was giving Macca a lesson on dummy-half play (serious). If that was what he was doing - full marks to Smith for taking the time to do it. (If he wasn't - what a timewasting douchebag!)

I'm sure Cam wouldn't waste time on purpose, I reckon he did try to give him a few pointers.

Big Pete said:
Maybe he should sleep with somebody a night before a game?

[icon_lol1. I was thinking the same thing today when I saw that NRMA ad!

I like Scotty's team. The only change I would make would be starting McCullough instead of Hunt.

I think everyone knows McCullough has been less than ordinary so far this season, but Hunt hasn't been any better. The thing McCullough is doing well is keeping our defense tight up the middle -- which is something that clearly changes once we play Hunt or Norman at dummy half.

Persist with him and be patient.

On another note -- I was very impressed with David Hala. I've always rated him, so it was good to see some strong runs from him last night. Hopefully he did enough for Hook to retain him this week.

How patient can we be with Macca?? He has played over 50 first grade games and has gone backwards this season. He came out at the start of the season saying how he wanted to take pressure of Locky and Wallace and I can guarantee you he has not done that.

You don't need to tell me what I already know.

My point was that defensively he has been very good and when he is off the field we notice it. One could argue that defensive stability IS taking pressure off Locky and Wallace in a way.

We still aren't clicking in attack. We still have no depth. I'm happy to keep McCullough around if he continues to to keep our defense tight up the middle.

To answer your question though -- we persist until he improves. If not for defense then for a lack of a better option.

Griffin said in the press conference after the Storm game that McCullough "had a better game" so I doubt he will be dropped this week. I hope he picks his act up though. Hoffman prob won't be back as Griffin isn't one to rush injured players back. Any news on when McGuire will be back?

nathano11 said:
Griffin said in the press conference after the Storm game that McCullough "had a better game" so I doubt he will be dropped this week. I hope he picks his act up though. Hoffman prob won't be back as Griffin isn't one to rush injured players back. Any news on when McGuire will be back?
mcguire had his eye popped out by mitchell dodds's finger. He'd still be a couple of weeks away you'd imagine. ouch.

Hopefully he can come straight back into the team.

Clintos said:
On another note -- I was very impressed with David Hala. I've always rated him, so it was good to see some strong runs from him last night. Hopefully he did enough for Hook to retain him this week.

Was at the game and within minutes of him coming onto the field my old man and I turned to each other and remarked how he reminded us of Petro Civonacieva .. Obviously not in terms of the complete footballer, but his hitups had a similar look and just the way he carried himself looked similar to Petro

Yep, Hala was strong. Then you compare it to Dunamis Lui who I think is the only forward the Broncos have called up this year who simply looked out of his depth.

Bucking Beads said:
How patient can we be with Macca?? He has played over 50 first grade games and has gone backwards this season. He came out at the start of the season saying how he wanted to take pressure of Locky and Wallace and I can guarantee you he has not done that.
How old was Cameron Smith before he was decent?

Old Mate said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2wrq6rd5]How patient can we be with Macca?? He has played over 50 first grade games and has gone backwards this season. He came out at the start of the season saying how he wanted to take pressure of Locky and Wallace and I can guarantee you he has not done that.
How old was Cameron Smith before he was decent?[/quote:2wrq6rd5]

Was Cameron Smith going backwards in his development after 50 first grade games??

Old Mate said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":3ssuxexy]How patient can we be with Macca?? He has played over 50 first grade games and has gone backwards this season. He came out at the start of the season saying how he wanted to take pressure of Locky and Wallace and I can guarantee you he has not done that.
How old was Cameron Smith before he was decent?[/quote:3ssuxexy]

Cameron Smith made his Origin debut at 20. And he immediately looked right at home.

Matty Ballin didn't even play first grade until he was 23.

Old mate used smith as an example.

Well using Smith, he didn't become the hooker we all know and love (at least around Origin time) until 2006.

Before then, he had some good qualities but wasn't in the top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Manlyman
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.