PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I hope mead gets his chance and runs with it. He had a shocker last time he started, and a lot of it looked like nerves. If he settles and just reduce his work to the basic processes, putting one foot in front of the other he should be right. Strange at his age to have nerves, but it must be hard being on the fringes, knowing in some ways, a bad performance might be the last one in the NRL. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Pretty important couple of rounds coming up for us. If results fall our way in not many games including ours, 2nd is ours for the taking

It won't be easy but I believe, the broncos have a lot more upside in them, even without hunt. We haven't quite put it together for the 80 minutes but are still winning. Letting our opponents back into the game has been the main problem, especially in the second half. I admired what macca was trying to do with his kicks, even if the execution was aweful. We have to try and "manage" the game and where we play it. One option would be to allow Boyd to do some long kicks. He, of all people would know when the players need a rest, and when to throw the throttle up, and go for the jugular.
To me its the difference between putting teams to the sword and scraping through at the end as we are want to do.
Its another option at least. I think the main problem we have in our kicking is not our skill but where we are trying to do it. A lot of times, I noticed halves trapped on the sideline, trying to put some low percentage bomb or punt, whilst defenders knowing there was nowhere for him to go were breathing down his neck. A bit more direction in plays leading up to the 5th tackle wouldnt go astray. The halves need to give macca or whoever is at dummy half a clear target for a pass on the 5th and stand deep enough to not have to rush their kicks, or at least have a kicker who is and knows it's his job to do just that. Ive seen maguire, billet, thaiday and other forwards end up punting or bombing a ball to varying (though mostly bad) effect. Its something the best teams rarely do, if ever.

I read this as I remember the way the Storm literally dismantled and then destroyed the Dragons relatively impressive defence.

I recall Cameron Smith's words about Bellamy's coaching: everyone has a role and the key word is repetition. Of course, this means little without a concrete game plan focused on the opposition's strengths and weaknesses.

When I think of the Broncos, I do not have any confidence in well defined roles, consistently applied worked set plays, and targeted game plans, other than forwards running one-out and opportunism by our brilliant individuals.

This game against a very determined, disciplined and well organised team will really show what we are made of. For mine, so far this season, this will be our toughest assignment. On what I have seen, I really rate Manly, and Dylan Walker.

Kevvie Walters actually went to Storm for 3-4 days during the pre-season

More than an danger game. I think it will a game we will have to be at our best to win

DCE's kicking game seems to have gone to the next level and their kick-chase as well. Getting field position will be crucial. If we just run one-out x 3 or 4 then kick and hope they will flog us, especially with Roberts out. For mine, the only way to beat them is play expansive football, same as we did against the Roosters. Make the ball do the work, use our edge forwards and everyone running in support of the ball carrier, looking for offloads.

Ah... the good old days ....

NRL - Round 10
Saturday, 13st of April, 2017

View attachment 1292 View attachment 1293

Coach: Trent BarrettCoach: Wayne Bennett
Officials:
Sideline Officials:
Review Officials:
Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Kick-Off: 7:50pm
Broadcasters: Channel 9, Fox-Sports, ABC and 2GB
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Bahaha

The trick is to be going forward and side to side simultaneously.

With a smaller and hopefully more nimble pack the Broncs cannot afford a single runner, we have to be getting the defence moving laterally one way or another as they come forward. It's so much easier for a defence line to advance evenly but making them conscious of each other moving ,either into or away from each other adds opportunities for defensive errors.

Knik seems to add an unpredictability we have missed. I think this particular game is a massive test and I'm looking forward to it greatly. I thought he was just not strong enough for the defensive work but he's fine there. If the guys in tight do the job we will be right in this and to win we are going to need a couple of well timed McCullough runs to add to our unpredictability as a whole. The sides real strength is we are above average everywhere except in hard straight hitups. Even there we are not bad.

On another note, It will be nice to see the boys playing on a Saturday.

I can't see us winning this game. Those Manly fuckers always seem to get to play us when we are down on troops and they play up a gear when they come to Lang Park. Plus, they get some handy calls go their way (torso try? really?) I seriously hate Manly, so if the Broncs can give them a hiding I will be a very happy boy.

I'm so glad Jamie Lyon is gone, that bloke was so determined and a great player but also a sneaky fucker. He was really good at running blokes off the ball, pulling players out of plays etc. and getting away with it. He always managed to break a game against the Broncos too.

If we win I will be happy, if we lose I won't be surprised.

yeah, I'm glad Lyons is no longer playing against us. He was a great centre, the kind even an ardent broncos fan had to admire. He was kind of a second 5/8, the way that Hodges developed into later in his career. That may be the kind of player they want jack bird to be.

If Jack Bird turns into a Jamie Lyon-esque player then we will be unstoppable out wide. We would have options through left, right and central. The only thing missing would be solid direction. If Boyd, Milf or Niko start to develop tactically we would be amazing and seriously unbeatable.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ell.d33
  • thenry
  • Gaz
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.