PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

I can't see us winning this game. Those Manly fuckers always seem to get to play us when we are down on troops and they play up a gear when they come to Lang Park. Plus, they get some handy calls go their way (torso try? really?) I seriously hate Manly, so if the Broncs can give them a hiding I will be a very happy boy.

One of my favourite games was when we pumped Manly in Rd 12 2014 - the game where Gillo picked up a loose ball and ran the length to score. Quietest I've ever heard their **** fans there. It was great.

Doesn't feel like 3 years ago, and boy was that a different team then. Barba, Vidot, Copley, Reed, Maranta and Hoffman all in the side. If Hunt plays, that'll make only 7 players left from that team/squad. (Edit: 8 - forgot Kahu but he didn't play in that game)

We've had a few more good wins (and a bad loss or two) since then, but from 2008-2014 they were unbearable. I still don't know what to make of their side, granted I avoid watching them. Just have to shut down the Turbros, Kapow, Walker and Cherry-Blossom.

Last edited:
One of my favourite games was when we pumped Manly in Rd 12 2014 - the game where Gillo picked up a loose ball and ran the length to score. Quietest I've ever heard their **** fans there. It was great.

Doesn't feel like 3 years ago, and boy was that a different team then. Barba, Vidot, Copley, Reed, Maranta and Hoffman all in the side. If Hunt plays, that'll make only 7 players left from that team/squad.

We've had a few more good wins (and a bad loss or two) since then, but from 2008-2014 they were unbearable. I still don't know what to make of their side, granted I avoid watching them. Just have to shut down the Turbros, Kapow, Walker and Cherry-Blossom.

Ah yes! I was at that game too. Was great to see the Broncos hammer them like that. But DCE was out that game and we seemed to lift in intensity and got some luck. I mean that Maranta try was dumb and Vidot/Glenn's try was contentious.

Manly look in pretty good form this time around. I will probably be watching through my fingers. I seriously hate those mofos. I know it isn't true but it feels like we always bloody play them around Origin period. I don't even know why I have this irrational hatred towards them, maybe it's their fans?

I know it isn't true but it feels like we always bloody play them around Origin period. I don't even know why I have this irrational hatred towards them, maybe it's their fans?

Outside of 2013 I think we always play them round 9-13. Usually part of the double which has been going 5 years now I think. Labour Day, the old Queen's Birthday or Mother's Day weekends is when they put them on.

They're just that team. Like everyone knows someone they hate, they either can't explain it or something about them doesn't sit right with them. That's Manly. In all aspects. The couple of fans I know personally are top blokes, but the rest are arseholes

The team is getting less hate-able though, mainly coz it's only DCE is left. No more Grub brothers (I still have hope for the Turbros), Catai, Watmong, Ballin (he hates us despite being from Nanango) Lyon, Foran, Hasler and Toovey.

Broncos on red alert: McCullough

Brisbane Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough is not surprised by the scintillating form of the Manly Sea Eagles and his side are on red alert for a Suncorp Stadium ambush on Saturday night.

Trent Barrett's men will host the Broncos in Brisbane, travelling up from Sydney to take centre stage in the second game of the NRL's double-header.

The Sea Eagles have won their last two matches and also pushed the table-topping Melbourne Storm all the way, falling short by just four points in a Round 7 thriller.

The surprise packets of 2017, Manly sit sixth on the ladder with the second-best attack in the league, averaging 24 points per game with only the St George Illawarra Dragons doing better.

It's why McCullough was so full of praise for the Sea Eagles when he spoke to NRL.com, saying it was only a matter of time before Manly returned to the top half of the ladder after a couple of disappointing seasons in 2015 and 2016.

"I'm not surprised (by how well they're doing). If you look at the names they have across the board they've always been capable," McCullough said.

"They are really starting to gel together now with the balance of the squad that they have.

"The key players they have in key positions are starting to play themselves into good form.

"They were always going to get back up to where they were. It was only a matter of time. It's taken a couple of years. They've recruited very well."

But perhaps the main reason for Manly's rapid rise isn't a new recruit, rather a household name that has come into his own in 2017.

Daly Cherry-Evans has been on fire this year, leading the competition for try assists with nine to his name.

The 28-year-old also has six line-break assists, just three behind Sydney Rooster Luke Keary who is atop the leaderboard with nine.

With Johnathan Thurston in doubt for Game One of State of Origin with a shoulder injury, Cherry-Evans's name is now in contention to be recalled after he last ran out for the Queensland Maroons in 2015.

McCullough has marked Cherry-Evans as a danger man for his side on Saturday night, giving him credit for the Sea Eagles' great start to the year.

"A few of the boys are good mates with Daly. He's been playing some great footy this year," he said.

"His form has helped Manly go on a bit of a roll. I'm looking forward to taking him on in the double-header.

"It's an exciting night. It's a little bit strange having an away game at home, especially because we are in the away dressing sheds."

http://www.nrl.com/broncos-on-red-alert-mccullough/tabid/10874/newsid/106516/default.aspx

The Broncos will be wearing their Indigenous jersey this round, as will every other club.

Dumb question.. But broncos season ticket holders don't have entry being it's an away game right?

It's fucking stupid, but that's just the way it is.

Probably because Manly get the gate takings.

Why is it stupid? It's an away game for the Broncos, regardless of where it's played.
Closing the doors to 20,000 people is pretty dumb. I won't be buying a ticket.. If they allowed members of all 4 clubs it would be awesome. Wonder what the crowd will be like

Closing the doors to 20,000 people is pretty dumb. I won't be buying a ticket.. If they allowed members of all 4 clubs it would be awesome. Wonder what the crowd will be like

That would actually be pretty dumb especially from a financial perspective, you would lose out on ticket sales which the home teams(for which only two teams are actually for) are banking on and doing for in the first place.

Isn't it in the contract when you get a membership that it's only home games you get into?

Active Now

• Jazza
  • cento
  • Xzei
  • Stix
  • YeahNahMate
  • barker
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • jd87
  • pennywisealfie
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Redfern_1980
  • Aldo
  • davidp
  • johnny plath
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.