PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

This is Niko's last chance, make or break for him. And @Foordy Niko had a great game against the Cows. This is a fair anti-Niko-in-the-halves agenda here (and rightly so based on this year to be fair) but let's try and be a little objective here, Bird has deadset been rubbish wherever he has played no one could rightly argue the Broncs have looked better with him in the halves than Niko. This is not to say KNik has been amazing, he hasn't at all, and that should tell you everything about just how horrible Bird has been.

...aaand it's a 5th tackle bomb from Kodi Nikorima to the 30m line where Turbo catches it on the full at pace......

Like say, I don't know and just spit-balling here, but a kick on the fourth tackle of the very first set of a game straight down a fullback's throat from a certain hooker?

You know, it doesn't even sound like it should be that difficult for Bird/Niko to improve in the halves position. Unless it's some tactical choice by the coach, just move more in field (away from centre), get your hands on the ball more and kick less bombs. They are not going to improve our attack by a whole lot, but at least Milford won't be as gassed as he was last week.

Wow, what does it say about our coaching and recruitment if there is no faith in ANY halfbacks in the system full stop who can step up and give it a crack? Pretty ordinary in my opinion.

I can see Bird being put back in at 7 if Niko stinks it up during the game

Titans are in the same position as us right now, they only have one good half, started the season with a natural 6 in Elgey (Nikorima), dropped him for an overpaid NSW player who fancies himself a half in Cartwright (Bird).

They didn't crawl back to Elgey this week like we did with Nikorima, they instead named their form half in the ISC, AJ Brimson. I hope we do the same if Kodi keeps shitting the bed.

Makes me wonder if WB planed this right from when Bird came in.. Not to say if Bird ripped it up he wouldn't of stuck with him. But it makes me wonder if WB has given Kodi a few weeks to work on things behind the scenes

Back to niko at halfback... pick and stick ffs

Bird would still be there if he didn't get only 3 touches last week

So what if niko is quiet at halfback again? Change back to bird mid game and next week? We've just had back to back wins and seem to be building towards something.

Makes me wonder if WB planed this right from when Bird came in.. Not to say if Bird ripped it up he wouldn't of stuck with him. But it makes me wonder if WB has given Kodi a few weeks to work on things behind the scenes
I'd say you're right. Kodi has looked better out there since he had a spell.
Hope he kills it.

So Bird has played centre, halfback, 5/8, second row and lock... none of them well so far. If the guy is battling for fitness, form and confidence can we kindly put him in QCup or pick a spot. For me that is bench lock for now or maybe centre.

Perhaps those halves aren't playing like they deserve a spot in the NRL side.

As opposed to KNik and Bird... sometimes you have to have faith I think especially when no good options. Pick a guy in their natural position and give them a chance.

I'd say you're right. Kodi has looked better out there since he had a spell.
Hope he kills it.

But is kodi only doing better because he's coming off the bench against tired opposition and isn't so tired himself?

So Bird has played centre, halfback, 5/8, second row and lock... none of them well so far. If the guy is battling for fitness, form and confidence can we kindly put him in QCup or pick a spot. For me that is bench lock for now or maybe centre.
Even tho I agree with you, i can't see Bird ever going to QCup. The Broncos have invested way to much into this guy with zero return

Active Now

• Allo
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • BroncsNBundy
  • lakers133334
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • Mick_Hancock
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.