PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

So Bird has played centre, halfback, 5/8, second row and lock... none of them well so far. If the guy is battling for fitness, form and confidence can we kindly put him in QCup or pick a spot. For me that is bench lock for now or maybe centre.

Its a bit telling he has performed no better than Opacic at center, no better than Kodi at half and nowhere near as well as Sua or Glenn in the second row. He is getting a position on reputation and wage now imo and not on form. Players should earn the jersey, i dont think he has.

Perhaps those halves aren't playing like they deserve a spot in the NRL side.
Perhaps but sometimes you have to throw someone in the deep water to see how they swim. It is an unknown. What is known is that neither Nikorima or Bird are NRL level halfbacks. This much is a certainty @Super Freak.

Its a bit telling he has performed no better than Opacic at center, no better than Kodi at half and nowhere near as well as Sua or Glenn in the second row. He is getting a position on reputation and wage now imo and not on form. Players should earn the jersey, i dont think he has.

Wouldn't any recruit that's a current origin rep immediately be given a position?

Wouldn't any recruit that's a current origin rep immediately be given a position?

I would love nothing but him to get better and repay the club , but I can see him leaving at seasons end and returning to Sydney.

I would love nothing but him to get better and repay the club , but I can see him leaving at seasons end and returning to Sydney.

If we lose him this way and some juniors along the way as well then people in broncos management need to be sacked.

Apparently if you go to the ticketek site tomorrow morning and use the code MUM, there are some free tickets to the double header.

But is kodi only doing better because he's coming off the bench against tired opposition and isn't so tired himself?
That is a big possibility too... I think Niko losing his position might have driven him to work on a few things. The shorter spells may have sharpened him up a little too. If anything he will realise that this really is his last shot at this. Everyone loves the guy, he has a great attitude and I hope he goes well. His kicking is shithouse so I'm expecting some of the same again but Milf has been doing well in this area so I'm not so worried. I'm more worried about his defence.

This is going to be a very tough game for us. Manly always seem to come hard at Brookvale North. If our forwards keep keeping on, we'll get there but I reckon it will be another close one.
Am so over these close games.

Bird can't be dropped to Q CUP but why not the bench? Throw him in the forwards as we go on the attack late in the first half. Also covers injuries.

The thing that is worrying is if we loose Milford to injury. Nikorima/bird pairing scares me even more which is even more reason to have a proper halfback in the team.

Titans are in the same position as us right now, they only have one good half, started the season with a natural 6 in Elgey (Nikorima), dropped him for an overpaid NSW player who fancies himself a half in Cartwright (Bird).

They didn't crawl back to Elgey this week like we did with Nikorima, they instead named their form half in the ISC, AJ Brimson. I hope we do the same if Kodi keeps shitting the bed.

No they didn't; AJ has been playing fullback.

Played 6 first five weeks Tweed lost every game. Played fullback last three weeks- Tweed won every game.

Five of his six line breaks have come since moving. His two try assists and 13 of his 25 tackle breaks.

With four tries in three games too.

Last edited:
Neither are Niko, or Bird for that matter...

Better to stick with underperforming halves that are at least conditioned to the rigours of the NRL then throw an underperforming rookie into the big time and give up completely.

Even tho I agree with you, i can't see Bird ever going to QCup. The Broncos have invested way to much into this guy with zero return

Regardless of how much you pay someone if not up to standard not getting value by playing them.

Besides talking 2-4 weeks to get confidence and fitness back assuming he steps up. As soon as earns spot back then welcome him with open arms.

No they didn't; AJ has been playing fullback.

Played 6 first five weeks Tweed lost every game. Played fullback last three weeks- Tweed won every game.

Five of his six line breaks have come since moving. His two try assists and 13 of his 25 tackle breaks.

With four tries in three games too.

So he's played the majority of his season in the halves and is in good form over the last month..? Thank you for agreeing with my comment, it's always nice to have your positive reinforcement.

I actually think this game will be a fantastic test for TPJ - up against the incumbent Kangaroos/NSW lock and probably the bloke he's going to be fighting it out with for rep honours in coming years.

Would have been great if we had McGuire there to help keep a lid on Taupau but I reckon Lodge will definitely be up for the challenge.

Better to stick with underperforming halves that are at least conditioned to the rigours of the NRL then throw an underperforming rookie into the big time and give up completely.

If rookie is clearly not up to standard maybe. Haven’t seen the options myself. Really rely on stats and fellow posters reports along with desperation to try something. At end of the day my big question is if they are on our books as the backup option then they either should be up for a crack or lots of embarrassing questions for recruitment. This was hugely foreseeable that KNik wouldn’t work so where is plan B and don’t tell me it’s Bird even was fit.

But would argue giving up by trying a strategy that has no hope of working longer term and weakens the team by opportunity cost of playing the other guy in the position where they can actually contribute in the future.

I actually think this game will be a fantastic test for TPJ - up against the incumbent Kangaroos/NSW lock and probably the bloke he's going to be fighting it out with for rep honours in coming years.
Only if Trbjvcicbjctrbjc plans on defecting to Tonga.:wink:

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • Justwin
  • mrslong
  • broncoscope
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bish
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.