PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Like Jack Reed, people just don't see what Opacic is bringing to this side. Why he is even there.

If it's purely to make tackles then we should just put Jack Bird back there, Opacic offers nothing in attack and also made a horrible missed tackle tonight which lead to one of the tries. At least Reed offered stuff in attack, had a great draw and pass on him, the little grubber Opacic put in tonight was nice, but that's not something you can really rely upon each week.

Like Jack Reed, people just don't see what Opacic is bringing to this side. Why he is even there.

In attack, he will get better with time.
I was pretty happy with his game. I thought he could've laid a try on for Oates when he stepped inside instead of passing straight away but maybe he's not skilled/confident enough to pull that off just yet.

He put a couple good shots on, one to kill a sweep play dead.

I also like that he just does so much work.

Jack reed was better than Opacic... and it’s not even close

If it's purely to make tackles then we should just put Jack Bird back there, Opacic offers nothing in attack and also made a horrible missed tackle tonight which lead to one of the tries. At least Reed offered stuff in attack, had a great draw and pass on him, the little grubber Opacic put in tonight was nice, but that's not something you can really rely upon each week.

In the past two games he has made 52 tackles and missed 2. Bird was missing quite a few tackles.

Even with Reed in 2015, it took him time before he was actually a threat in attack. He didn't hit the ground running, his attack improved over time. Do you remember all of those live threads full of people venting their frustration over Reed's attack? More specifically, his lack of passing the ball to his winger.

Just like in 2016, Opacic's attack improved over time.

Opacic offers nothing in attack and also made a horrible missed tackle tonight which lead to one of the tries.
I'm not putting that try on Opa. He was 30m in field having to cover 2-3 players, but he was able to force hoppa back infield towards the covering defence and milf got palmed off despite being in a good position with the better momentum.

I feel with the position and amount of field that Opa was having to cover he did a fairly good job trying to disrupt that play. If he had let hoppa get to the outside it would be 1 on 2 against Oates, who I think was behind the line covering the kick.

I’m hoping Kahu is back we need a ball playing centre and need to drop Opacic,

We dont play will ball playing backs. Our backs are all battering rams.

He is quite a good ball player, we just have no attacking structures to get our backs involved enough in attack. We have one of the most devastating attacking centers in the game in Robert's and he just defends all the time.

I'm not putting that try on Opa. He was 30m in field having to cover 2-3 players, but he was able to force hoppa back infield towards the covering defence and milf got palmed off despite being in a good position with the better momentum.

I feel with the position and amount of field that Opa was having to cover he did a fairly good job trying to disrupt that play. If he had let hoppa get to the outside it would be 1 on 2 against Oates, who I think was behind the line covering the kick.

I like Tommy, but he did miss that tackle and fairly badly. Thing is, we had others to help out, it was far enough away for them to help cover it.

In the past two games he has made 52 tackles and missed 2. Bird was missing quite a few tackles.

Even with Reed in 2015, it took him time before he was actually a threat in attack. He didn't hit the ground running, his attack improved over time. Do you remember all of those live threads full of people venting their frustration over Reed's attack? More specifically, his lack of passing the ball to his winger.

I think what some people forget with young blokes like Tom and even Issako is they are going to make mistakes from time to time while they are learning. I think we forget sometimes how few games they have at this level.

It won't fix our disorganised attack, but I'd like to see Kodi coming off the bench playing 9 rather than 7. Our attack was more threatening last week when he was darting out from dummy half and getting us on the front foot compared to last night when he went to halfback. Might be time to give Dargan a run in 7 if Bird keeps playing how he has been over the last couple of weeks.

It won't fix our disorganised attack, but I'd like to see Kodi coming off the bench playing 9 rather than 7. Our attack was more threatening last week when he was darting out from dummy half and getting us on the front foot compared to last night when he went to halfback. Might be time to give Dargan a run in 7 if Bird keeps playing how he has been over the last couple of weeks.

100% need Kodi playing bench 9. I think he is much more affective when he gets his hands in the ball more and just waits to see opportunities. I think his attach is more organic at 9 rather than getting the ball at 7 and having to make something happen. His speed from dummy half also adds much needed impact for us. I was shocked that this didn’t happen last night especially since Macca just returned from injury.

I wouldn't say attack, it was more him finishing backline play's. Our attack in 2016 was far superior than what we have dished up this season.

I wouldn't say attack, it was more him finishing backline play's. Our attack in 2016 was far superior than what we have dished up this season.

Last night was the first game I've attended in a while, and sitting on the sideline its shocking how predictable we are. As I said, our wingers and centers dont get any decent ball to attack with. They are just defending or taking hitups it seems to be mostly.

I think some of the criticism of Tommy is fair to a point, but without looking at the stats how we have him playing I would bet he is making a good 3 or 4 times the amount of tackles Robert's, Oates and Issako are. Its fairly clear he is there to take the load of Milf to me. It's crazy the way we use our outside backs right now

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • ostin86
  • marw
  • bb_gun
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • PETERN
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.