10. Ofahenguae
11. Glenn
12. Su'A
13. Pangai Jr

14. Nikorima
15. Sims
16. Carrigan
17. Tagataese

Bird playing in Qld Cup and Thaiday 'rested' to get him ready to 'carry' the team through the origin period.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Like Jack Reed, people just don't see what Opacic is bringing to this side. Why he is even there.

In attack, he will get better with time.

He continually gets run around.

Dogs last try was his fault for allowing the break.

He's shit.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
I'm not putting that try on Opa. He was 30m in field having to cover 2-3 players, but he was able to force hoppa back infield towards the covering defence and milf got palmed off despite being in a good position with the better momentum.

I feel with the position and amount of field that Opa was having to cover he did a fairly good job trying to disrupt that play. If he had let hoppa get to the outside it would be 1 on 2 against Oates, who I think was behind the line covering the kick.

They made the break because he didn't cover his man. On the high shot of it it was clear he wasn't even looking at his man....

Thems is the facts.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
They made the break because he didn't cover his man. On the high shot of it it was clear he wasn't even looking at his man....

Thems is the facts.
The dogs had a 3 man overlap and he was covering 20m by himself. What was he supposed to do?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Thems is the facts.

He got stepped by his man ( hopoate his direct opposite), so to say he wasnt covering his man is plainly wrong, he was. He just got done by a bit of skill. He wont be the last player to have it happen to him.

Still agree though it was a bad miss, especially for a bloke who prides himself on being a solid defender. I think he should have done better personally, but I'm not going to crucify a player still learning the ropes in the NRL for every mistake. If he keeps doing the same thing then it's a different story.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Opacic never really stood a chance.

Our defence was far too compressed there and he was left to mark up on 3 players.

Vlcsnap 2018 05 04 14h06m35s515

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
last night's back 5 tackle counts:

Boyd ... 7 tackles
Oates ... 3 tackles
Roberts ...5 tackles
Opacic ... 23 tackles
Isaako ... 7 tackles

so Opacic made more tackles than the rest of the back 5 combined
He is pretty sound defensively but he is way too slow to be a centre. He is the most lumbering outside back since Daryl Halligan. I'm a fan of the kid and desperately want him to do well but I'm not sure he is up to the standard required.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Opacic never really stood a chance.

Our defence was far too compressed there and he was left to mark up on 3 players.

View attachment 2938
Please, he's almost in line with Hoppa and Oates is also there (albeit not visible), there is a slight positional overlap, but that still shot proves nothing at all.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Please, he's almost in line with Hoppa and Oates is also there (albeit not visible), there is a slight positional overlap, but that still shot proves nothing at all.
Oates was 30m behind the line, waiting for a kick.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I don't know if I'm a bit off on this, but isnt that a lot of tackles for a center? I did notice a fair bit he was swapping positions in defence with Milf.
He had a couple of short stints in the 2nd half defending in the middle

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Oates was 30m behind the line, waiting for a kick.
Yes, he was staying back as any good winger should in such circumstances, but still covering his man. I'm not overly critical of Tom. It was a good play by the Dogs, Hoppa stepped inside and beat him, end of. I can do stillshots too:

Upload 2018 5 4 15 41 30

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Yes, he was staying back as any good winger should in such circumstances, but still covering his man. I'm not overly critical of Tom. It was a good play by the Dogs, Hoppa stepped inside and beat him, end of. I can do stillshots too:

View attachment 2939
Oppa knew it was on and the minute he had to start sliding to Hoppa he was motioning to Milf as to where he needed to be following him across. It was a good defensive read but unfortunately sometimes the tackle is missed. Not sure if this showed up on TV but it happened right in front of me in the stands. Milford should not have gone high either.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
It's getting pretty sad really when one player is getting scapegoated by some for one mistake. There are always going to be players that divide opinion, it's understandable, but we do need to let some of these younger guys have a run of game time see if they can improve. Issako for example has been very poor in defence, last night, he wasnt coming in as much. They need time to learn as we need to bring on players these days as we just aren't the same club that could have 6 or 7 genuine stars in the side.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Reed was also a England international player, Opacic will never achieve that.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.