PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Great to see Gerard Kennedy in the 17 and hope he can add another try to his tally👍
Who? Pretty sure he's 89 now and I'm not saying he couldn't add to his tally but the odds aren't good. It's been 22 years since I spoke with him at Wicham Terrace and he really didn't look fit enough for first grade then but he might have really put the work in since.

I see we’ll just keep getting Coates ready for his storm debut.

From the manly forum, thought it was interesting.

"Bit off topic but thought I’d give an update anyway. Broncs did a coaching clinic with my sons footy club yesterday and most all were there except Lodge and Haas and obviously Carrigan. Not sure what to make of the two props not being there. Anyway some of the body language from those guys was really interesting I thought. Sone were fantastic with the kids and really enjoyed being out there at the clinic. In particular Xavier Coates, issako and Tyson Gamble. They were running around as energetic as the kids were. Coates in particular had the biggest smile on his face and was engaging everyone - even when a group of under 10s started chanting traitor!!! He just laughed it off! Flegler, and Glenn very good as well. You can see why Glenn is the capt. He engaged my eldest in a conversation about his footy - even with the lad wearing full manly kit! Was interesting to see sone of the players who looked a bit disinterested Milf, Croft, bullemor had no idea how to interact with the kids. Maybe it’s cos Tgey don’t have much experience with young ones and milf looks a bit shy.
Couple of snippets here from my eldest to the players:
LC(that’s my boy) to Issako
Lc: are you going to be able to stop Tommy turbo after what he did to the warriors?
JI: no way!
Lol

LC to Coates
LC: do you think you’re as fast as Jason Saab?
Coates: Naaa followed by cracking up laughing.

Kid also asked Stagg when he was coming back and he said like 6 weeks.

Kids had a great time even tho I have a manly supporter and Storm supporter. It’s great they can see these guys in person and interact with them. Would have been great to see the manly players but not sure if they are doing a public appearance."

"Bit off topic but thought I’d give an update anyway. Broncs did a coaching clinic with my sons footy club yesterday and most all were there except Lodge and Haas and obviously Carrigan. Not sure what to make of the two props not being there. Anyway some of the body language from those guys was really interesting I thought. Sone were fantastic with the kids and really enjoyed being out there at the clinic. In particular Xavier Coates, issako and Tyson Gamble. They were running around as energetic as the kids were. Coates in particular had the biggest smile on his face and was engaging everyone - even when a group of under 10s started chanting traitor!!! He just laughed it off! Flegler, and Glenn very good as well. You can see why Glenn is the capt. He engaged my eldest in a conversation about his footy - even with the lad wearing full manly kit! Was interesting to see sone of the players who looked a bit disinterested Milf, Croft, bullemor had no idea how to interact with the kids. Maybe it’s cos Tgey don’t have much experience with young ones and milf looks a bit shy.
Lc: are you going to be able to stop Tommy turbo after what he did to the warriors?
Lol

LC to Coates

Kids had a great time even tho I have a manly supporter and Storm supporter. It’s great they can see these guys in person and interact with them. Would have been great to see the manly players but not sure if they are doing a public appearance."
Pretty darn good. Seems to me the boys are in the right frame of mind. It's great to hear about happy players doing kind things. I know KW absolutely expects nothing less.

I said I wouldn't check Sportsbet but I did, such a tragic.

Anyway, $3.10 seemed nice. Straight out.
$4.24 for 1-12 even nicer.
$9.00 for 13+ nicest of all.

I couldn't resist. I'm weak.

Danny Levi named for Norths.

Brendan Piakura & David Mead are both notable absentees from the QRL teamlists.

Could be nothing since Levi backed up for the Devils and may do so if he plays less than 20 minutes of NRL but worth keeping an eye on.

Lol

LC to Coates

Milf disinterested in something?!?!

GTFO.

Who? Pretty sure he's 89 now and I'm not saying he couldn't add to his tally but the odds aren't good. It's been 22 years since I spoke with him at Wicham Terrace and he really didn't look fit enough for first grade then but he might have really put the work in since.
Sounds like the coaching staff have worked wonders at the broncos.

Broncos forward pack is much better than Manly in my opinion.
If we can keep errors down and play some simple footy, I think we can win it.
Just need to ensure the lads trust the guys inside them and don't open space for Turbo, he will go through like a slippery jypsy.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.