Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

When is Brenko Lee due back from injury? If and when we get his deal done, I would be swapping him for Coates before July 1st. He has clocked off and it was so obvious tonight apart from one good grab when the game was long over.
He looked rattled all night. He’s a pretty simple kid. I think he’s genuinely hurting. Letting him go would be merciful.

We executed poorly an oversimplified game plan. We have so much speed on the edges and in our backs yet we just don't see any ball out there. It also makes it harder for me at least, to judge the form of players.

From the overly complex to the overly simple. Hmmm. My memory at least of this year so far is that we are our best when we play expansive, well executed footie.

I am a die hard Broncos fan, but today I cancelled my overseas subscription to watch NRL. My reason is that I'm no longer watching rugby league. This sport has changed into something manipulated, something that causes as many injuries psychologically and physically as it supposedly is seeking to prevent. As a fan, the game is a mess. It invariably will continue to result in blowout scorelines, Higher injury tolls and controversial calls. It simply feeds the media hype that comes with such things. I will follow the Broncos, but I am not paying for this "product".

We executed poorly an oversimplified game plan. We have so much speed on the edges and in our backs yet we just don't see any ball out there. It also makes it harder for me at least, to judge the form of players.
From the overly complex to the overly simple. Hmmm

Both those situations can be explained by the presence of one factor: Anthony Milford. He can't run a set play, can't support run, can't get the ball out to his edges in space, can't tackle, can't even run the ball which is his natural game. The guy is finished. If Cronulla aren't so desperate as to throw him a lifeline, he will be either in England or done with the sport altogether. I'm starting to believe the latter will come to pass.

Milford and Corey Oates both can’t defend. I don’t care what anyone on this forum says. I get flashbacks of 2015 grand final every time someone runs down our left defensive side. Piss them both off $1.5m free.

I am a die hard Broncos fan, but today I cancelled my overseas subscription to watch NRL. My reason is that I'm no longer watching rugby league. This sport has changed into something manipulated, something that causes as many injuries psychologically and physically as it supposedly is seeking to prevent. As a fan, the game is a mess. It invariably will continue to result in blowout scorelines, Higher injury tolls and controversial calls. It simply feeds the media hype that comes with such things. I will follow the Broncos, but I am not paying for this "product".
I hope you let them know the reason why you cancelled it as well 👍

Milford and Corey Oates both can’t defend. I don’t care what anyone on this forum says. I get flashbacks of 2015 grand final every time someone runs down our left defensive side. Piss them both off $1.5m free.

Yeah, big shock that Manly's first legit try came off the back of pisspoor up and in shit from Oates.

Both those situations can be explained by the presence of one factor: Anthony Milford. He can't run a set play, can't support run, can't get the ball out to his edges in space, can't tackle, can't even run the ball which is his natural game. The guy is finished. If Cronulla aren't so desperate as to throw him a lifeline, he will be either in England or done with the sport altogether. I'm starting to believe the latter will come to pass.
I was watching him pretty closely tonight. He has basically no speed off the mark anymore. Going back and watching his highlights in his younger days, especially at Canberra, he was fucking quick (one highlight in particular is the one where he absolutely burns Michael Gordon like he isn't even there). Current Milf would be lucky to out pace George Rose. Very sad.

Everyone should go to the official NRL site and write a complaint in the feedback section.
Dont just come on BHQ and leave it here.
Where's the link?

It's time the scoring side kicks off.
They have to do something to stop the massive flow of possession ruining games.

Absolute garbage tonight, all round. The team, the refs, the NRL and the so-called “magic round”.

Both games were absolute arse. Shan’t be watching the rest of the round, at all. I’ll spend my time more productively. Maybe stare at the wall for 6 hours tomorrow arvo…

I may be wrong, but did anyone else notice that in that no try that Oates held up the manly players foot ended up in touch? It should have been a 20m restart and they just ignored it and let them play 5th tackle and then they got the penalty for the interference on the kick chase.

I think we are just seeing the state of the modern world manifested in the great game. This game has gone down hill since the 24 hours news cycle and social media. We live in pc reactionary world now and frankly it sucks. The media think they are the game, it's not news it's stories and drama that they create. They blow up about something and then there is an equal or greater reaction from the NRL, then the media blows up about the reaction. It not new, it happened like two years ago with the penalty blitz. The six again was a good idea in theory, but wasn't needed. It's called playing advantage, It use to be a thing. but if you must have a six again why isn't it given with an advantage ruling so if play breaks down or they don't make meters a penalty is called. Newcastle got one and instantly dropped the ball tonight, how is that of any result to them. It's not at all. These rules have not been thought out and the media have got their wish, they wanted Melbourne to be hamstrung but forgot the NRL needed them to be the crown jewel.

The claim that some teams have just adapted is BS, no some teams just aren't officiated the same, some teams are just flush with cap bursting talent and oh they happen to be the same teams. This game will not survive scorelines of 50 to 6 every week. Fans turn up to games because they feel like any side on their day can win, now we have to think about who is the ref, what darling team your playing and what has happened in the media this week.

I really don't know how long I can keep watching this game for.

I dunno, seemed to me like Manly had ball players everywhere,, keeping the ball moving, setting up shapes and running harder. We didn't have any ball playing. One out running, and utterly awful lack of variety out of dummy half. I reckon it might be wise to rethink the way we play in attack. Dummy half is a major worry.
mate your not wrong, it's not just the refs or the rules. Our spine is absolute garbage, there is no doubting that, Milf offered nothing and I hope he is dropped to never return. Gamble I don't know about but at least he has a dig. Coates drop after our solid defense sucked the life out of us. Isaako not even trying to catch a ball. We could go on and on. The boys were shit, but it's hard trying to dig your way out of ref blitz that appeared to be directed one way, you think we feel bad watchig, the boys would be beyond outraged.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.