Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Dobbo or Badel asked - can’t remember which. He said no reason, he just wanted to give the other guy (literally) some game time. Fucking weird making a guy captain and then hooking him early. Did the same in Darwin.
I knew the good journos would ask. Missed the question.

Yvonne is the biggest lick arse. "It's been a sensational magic round" yes two drubbings, 8 sin bins and a 100 reports. Sensational.
It was like she didn’t even listen to what the others said. They had just spent 30 minutes talking about how the spectacle was ruined and they are concerned about the game and she wraps up with how amazing it was.

I don't think she's token, she used to be a genuinely good host before she turned into exaggeration everything is wonderful central all the time. She'd basically a fake hype machine now and it's disgusting
Yea look i dont mind Yvonne for the most part, but her opinions mean nothing to me now because of the blatant shilling she does on behalf of the NRL.
I would respect her a lot more if she took a huge shit on the NRL when they deserve it, like they do this round.

Gordy, Brandy, JT and Joey all get a +1 from this round because they refused to toe the line and called a spade a spade.

Is it worth trying something different next game? I don't really feel like this team is building towards anything this year, so might as well start trying something different.
I'd like to see Farnworth at fullback next week.
Maybe, but Isaako was one of our best (of a bad bunch). I wouldn’t be adverse to putting him at 5/8th, and giving Milford a ticket to England.

Yea look i dont mind Yvonne for the most part, but her opinions mean nothing to me now because of the blatant shilling she does on behalf of the NRL.
I would respect her a lot more if she took a huge shit on the NRL when they deserve it, like they do this round.

Gordy, Brandy, JT and Joey all get a +1 from this round because they refused to toe the line and called a spade a spade.
Absolutely 100% a shill marketing robot now. May as well get Alexa to take her spot with some pre-recorded positive dialogue

Vlandys is ruining this game...but regardless we were a different team to last week in the middle. We just lost the rucks on both sides. Slow play the balls on our end and we didnt tackle the same ie wrestle the way we did laat week to slow play the balls. We stood back and watched in D, no line speed at all. The ruck for mine was where we went backwards and in general aggression in the forwards.

Maybe, but Isaako was one of our best (of a bad bunch). I wouldn’t be adverse to putting him at 5/8th, and giving Milford a ticket to England.
I wouldn't be dropping Isaako, just not playing him at fullback. I just can't help but feel Farnworth would provide far better support play, and if he is as a good a learner as some people described him, he should pick up a passing game over time too.

Absolutely 100% a shill marketing robot now. May as well get Alexa to take her spot with some pre-recorded positive dialogue
Bit of a shame really, when she started out she was super likeable and seemed to have a balanced perspective on things.
Now every game is the most outstanding, brilliant amazing super awesome incredible best thing ever.

Yeah they should experiment with a new spine combo:

1. Farnworth
7. Gamble
6. Hunt
9. Asiata

Albert Kelly on the bench as a utility player.
Drop MILF, Levi, Turpin, move Isaako to the centre.

Yep, we got penalised out of the game but Kevvie is right, we are fucking soft and have way bigger problems than the fucking refs. We got absolutely bullied up the middle and then struggled on the edges as a result. We were fucking deplorable.

Milf just needs to go. He's done for us. Hopefully he can find something at another club but the spark has gone.

**** I hope we are looking for a hooker for next year as well. Turpin offers nothing from dummy half and is just a tackle bot. Sad thing is, Macca is more threatening than Turpin.

Reynolds is a great signing but we still need a lot more of that to be competitive next year.

Vlandys is ruining this game...but regardless we were a different team to last week in the middle. We just lost the rucks on both sides. Slow play the balls on our end and we didnt tackle the same ie wrestle the way we did laat week to slow play the balls. We stood back and watched in D, no line speed at all. The ruck for mine was where we went backwards and in general aggression in the forwards.
Mate we can't win a ruck let alone anything when we have 30% possession and have to defend 10 sets in a row.

I'm not usually one who blames the refs when the team's get belted but these rule changes mid week are absolutely farcical and dare I say it, borderline match fixing. Betting should be called off as it's basically a game of chance now with no predictability.

I wouldn't be dropping Isaako, just not playing him at fullback. I just can't help but feel Farnworth would provide far better support play, and if he is as a good a learner as some people described him, he should pick up a passing game over time too.
My only problem with Isaako is he gets wrong footed in defence a bit. It happened tonight and cost us a try, but he came a long way across the field to be there and he was alone, so it’s hard to blame him entirely. He looks like a 5/8th to me. MIlford doesn’t.

Before you all start rambling about penalty counts like a bunch of headless chooks.

TEAMS THAT HAVE LESS POSSESSION INCUR MORE PENALTIES. There is no 'balance' of penalties when you only have 40% possession. Thats 306 tackles to 198 tackles. Teams need to retain possession, minimise mistakes and kick effectively. The Broncos failed at all 3.
Yeah ok thanks mr Vlandys.🤫

You realise those same people have been whinging about teams who have a player injured on field receiving no advantage? That all the talking heads whinging during the week is what led to the trigger happy sin bins we are seeing this weekend.

Active Now

• Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Scorchie
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Allo
  • Maddy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Battler
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • whykickamoocow
  • winslow_wong
  • Manifesto
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.