Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Disappointing presser from Kevvie. Fucking bring the heat like Sticky
Not really. He was there to comment on his team’s relative performance. Whatever he thought of the rule changes, they applied to both sides, they knew of them in advance and he couldn’t blame the drubbing on them. Like he said the team has bigger problems and he’ll be addressing them over the next few days and making changes.

He was receptive to questions on Karmichael Hunt and Piakura, suggesting they might be in the mix. But he wasn’t giving much away.

Surely Milford can’t survive.

We didn’t deserve that.

I thought we started a bit flat, particularly the forwards, but our defence held up pretty well for the most part and showed some commitment. But we just never got into the game and the possession just killed us. Manly had enough ball to win 3 games.

The officiating was horrendous, I don’t recognise the game anymore, playing advantage for a whole set of six was one of the most embarrassing things I have seen on the field. Penalties for tackles being “a bit forceful”, I don’t even know what that means? The second half started with a penalty against Herbie for manly moving off the mark 3-4M and playing the ball behind the marker. It was followed up by Turbo moving off the mark 4m and winning a set restart. Then we had the ridiculous sin binning of Gamble for what was at absolute worst worthy of a penalty. Like I said, I just don’t recognise the game anymore and I don’t like it, whatever it is.

I dunno, seemed to me like Manly had ball players everywhere,, keeping the ball moving, setting up shapes and running harder. We didn't have any ball playing. One out running, and utterly awful lack of variety out of dummy half. I reckon it might be wise to rethink the way we play in attack. Dummy half is a major worry.
This one out running thing has me thinking back to the spray Kevvie gave.

The give it to Tpj, give it to Payne, you’re not good enough to be throwing it around one.

Not really. He was there to comment on his team’s relative performance. Whatever he thought of the rule changes, they applied to both sides, they knew of them in advance and he couldn’t blame the drubbing on them. Like he said the team has bigger problems and he’ll be addressing them over the next few days and making changes.

He was receptive to questions on Karmichael Hunt and Piakura, suggesting they might be in the mix. But he wasn’t giving much away.

Surely Milford can’t survive.
Shit journos to not ask about Turpin being hooked.

Even with the controversial officiating, Broncos played shit-house. Everyone was poor, especially the spine 9,9,6,7,1. No support play from the spine is absolutely killing us in attack. MILF is just useless. Turpin is useless. Isaako, Isucko. Levi ...useless. Gamble had his worst game. Typical crap we are all tired of.

I didn't blame the refs. I blamed the officiating, in fact i have a post in this thread stating you cant blame the refs for tonights performance, as they are just doing as they are told by the higher ups and would be dragged over hot coals if they didn't fall into line.

I will say it again, as you seem to struggle with understanding simple shit.
The Broncos were poor, there is no doubt about it. But the officiating was up there with the worst ive seen, and that includes the earlier game tonight as well, not just our game.
This is a direct result of the knee jerk reactionary rule changes implemented by Vlandys to curb the high shots in the game.

I dunno why you are hell bent on defending the terrible officiating, but each to their own.

"There is no doubt that the reffing as the single biggest deciding factor in both games tonight."

Do you forget what you write once you press post? Your words verbatim. Where do I defend terrible officiating? I explained why the refs were trigger happy tonight. I said multiple times that I don't blame the refs for the Broncos performance, while you clearly do. Do I need to repeat it again. So much bullshit.

I agree with cracking down on high tackles. We need to minimise concussions. But neither Gamble or Riki were worth 10 mins and TPJ’s was play-on. However, we need to improve our resilience.
When will we find a support player for our offloads - this has been missing for years?
Also we need to spell TPJ - he’s not an 80 min player.

Yvonne is the biggest lick arse. "It's been a sensational magic round" yes two drubbings, 8 sin bins and a 100 reports. Sensational.
Yvonne is a shill and a token vagina for the woke inclusive portion of the NRL media front.

She seems nice, but make no mistake, she is on the NRL payroll to make the game look good, even when its on fire.

Come on mate, surely you can think of a worse catastrophic failure?

I think he might have been our coach last year.
That was slow burn like the bushfires last year. Totally fucked up and heart destroying.

Going from being named captain to dragged off the pitch within 30 minutes, Hindenburg

Yvonne is a shill and a token vagina for the woke inclusive portion of the NRL media front.

She seems nice, but make no mistake, she is on the NRL payroll to make the game look good, even when its on fire.
I don't think she's token, she used to be a genuinely good host before she turned into exaggeration everything is wonderful central all the time. She'd basically a fake hype machine now and it's disgusting

Is it worth trying something different next game? I don't really feel like this team is building towards anything this year, so might as well start trying something different.
I'd like to see Farnworth at fullback next week.

Shit journos to not ask about Turpin being hooked.
Dobbo or Badel asked - can’t remember which. He said no reason, he just wanted to give the other guy (literally) some game time. Fucking weird making a guy captain and then hooking him early. Did the same in Darwin.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • Brocko
  • pagey
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Allo
  • Scdeac
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Lurker
  • barker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • phoenix
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.