Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

What did you make of his defence? Even the try he saved in the first half was off the back of him getting beaten for speed.

I think he puts the effort in, but he made some bad decisions. He isn't the saviour everyone thought he was and it's starting to pan out for him like I expected. He won't let you down, but I don't think he is good enough.

Remember folks that Vlandys saved the NRL from collapse during covid. Don't worry about the fact that not a single major sporting organisation collapsed since covid and that the NRL was already running at a profit beforehand.

My favourite thing was that we commited an act of foul play so bad it didnt get called or mentioned immediately.

It was so bad that 90 seconds later it got picked up. It was so bad that it couldn't just be placed on report and continue with play. It was so bad that we had to go back 6 tackles and 90 seconds and call a penalty and put it on report.

It was so bad all of that had to happen but it wasn't bad enough to sin bin/send him off?

In my opinion the only time you go back a full set of 6 for foul play is if its send off worthy.

Those digging it in to Gamble, let's apply some reality to the situation.

This is a bloke who has been in and out of NRL squads a few times now and mostly ended up in NSW/QLD cup teams. It's clear consistency is challenging for him but I don't think you can pin tonight on any of our halves, what more could they have done?

Even Reddit is going to town on **** Face

Mate, you have Tallis, Brandy, Joey, and Parker all saying this was the result of a knee jerk reaction to the last round where some calls were missed against the Roosters.

They are all on the same page that this is not good for the game.

There is no doubt that the reffing as the single biggest deciding factor in both games tonight.
Did the Broncos play poorly? Yes they did, however, when you have such a lopsided game with insane officiating, it makes an ordinary performance look diabolical.

This is not the last we will hear of this round, and expect a whole lot of backlash in the press this week because of the officiating and rule changes.
The reffing was the biggest deciding factor tonight?! You speak like you're watching the Broncos play for the first time. A lopsided game? the past 2 years have been lopsided. Oh the broncos lost by 50, wow shocking!! Never would have seen that coming, must be the refs fault cause its just not possible.

Yes I said the refs were trigger happy tonight, but the difference between my view and yours is I don't blame the refs for the Broncos performance. Watching the Broncos is like being kicked in the nuts every weekend.

But the Broncos predictably poor performance was all the 'refs' fault tonight. It was such a close game until those damn refs made some poor calls. They had a chance, even though they looked lost from kick off to the final whistle. The game was already a write off when the sin bins occurred, but damn those refs we could have got there.

I'd put good money on there not being another sinbinning this round after the reaction to tonight's games.

I honestly thought the Broncos played really well through the first period of the game, and showed some real grit in defence. If they'd put points on there it might have changed the complexion of the game. The first try was a poor lapse after what had been a good defensive set inside Manly's half, but the wheels didn't fully fall off after that, though, which is a good sign, and only fourteen down at the half was probably pretty positive given the ball Manly had.

But jesus fucking christ on a skateboard that second half was a perfect storm of poor effort and shit officiating. It's just painful to watch on almost every level, and it makes me question my sanity for coming back every week.

But, yeah. See all you fellow masochists next week, I guess.

The reffing was the biggest deciding factor tonight?! You speak like you're watching the Broncos play for the first time. A lopsided game? the past 2 years have been lopsided? Oh the broncos lost by 50, wow shocking!! Never would have seen that coming, must be the refs fault cause its just not possible.

Yes I said the refs were trigger happy tonight, but the difference between my view and yours is I don't blame the refs for the Broncos performance. Watching the Broncos is like being kicked in the nuts every weekend. But yeah it was the refs 'undoubtedly' tonight.
I didn't blame the refs. I blamed the officiating, in fact i have a post in this thread stating you cant blame the refs for tonights performance, as they are just doing as they are told by the higher ups and would be dragged over hot coals if they didn't fall into line.

I agree, you cant give the refs shit for this mess, they are doing what they are told from the higher ups, and would be dragged over hot coals if they didn't comply.

Vlandys and Abdo are utterly killing this once great game.

I will say it again, as you seem to struggle with understanding simple shit.
The Broncos were poor, there is no doubt about it. But the officiating was up there with the worst ive seen, and that includes the earlier game tonight as well, not just our game.
This is a direct result of the knee jerk reactionary rule changes implemented by Vlandys to curb the high shots in the game.

I dunno why you are hell bent on defending the terrible officiating, but each to their own.

No it doesn't, sorry. Unlike the Broncos, Manly know how to hold onto the ball, kick effectively to force repeat sets or pin hopeless teams down in their own half. Broncos have no clue when it comes to effective game management and retaining possession. More time in possession means defending teams tackling more leading to more mistakes and penalties. Do I really need to explain the basics to you, or you are going to continue with 'its the refs fault' routine?

Sorry Calsy but Blind Freddie can see that the rule changes are causing massively lop-sided games. Some sides hardly see the ball in the first 15 minutes and are then blown off the park because they’re stuffed. The first 2 games last weekend went 50-0 and 48-0.
V’landy’s has got way ahead of himself and is killing the game. The number of penalties and sin bins in today’s 2 games were farcical. AFL will be clapping their hands watching the NRL make a mess of its own game.

Anybody know what time Ricky Stuart’s press conference will be tomorrow?
That’s the only part of the rest of the weekend I want to watch after the shit show dished up tonight.
It’ll definitely be more entertaining too.

I dunno, seemed to me like Manly had ball players everywhere,, keeping the ball moving, setting up shapes and running harder. We didn't have any ball playing. One out running, and utterly awful lack of variety out of dummy half. I reckon it might be wise to rethink the way we play in attack. Dummy half is a major worry.

It's hard to get possession when the ref sweats on only one side to infringe .
The worst one sided reffing I've seen all year.
It's simply not possible to turn a game around when this happens.

To be honest, I stopped watching after 30 minutes so I don't really have any idea how they went after that.
Its just not worth it, I support the Broncos and I'd like to watch the games all the way through, but not more than I support living stress free.

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • cento
  • Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • barker
  • Ozired
  • Allo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Waynesaurus
  • Maroon4life
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Broncosgirl
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.