Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

I wonder if that possession percentage has anything to do with the repeat sets of six and countless ridiculous penalties against one team.

No it doesn't, sorry. Unlike the Broncos, Manly know how to hold onto the ball, kick effectively to force repeat sets or pin hopeless teams down in their own half. Broncos have no clue when it comes to effective game management and retaining possession. More time in possession means defending teams tackling more leading to more mistakes and penalties. Do I really need to explain the basics to you, or you are going to continue with 'its the refs fault' routine?

The best LU can manage is going on about how this is karma catching up to us over Super League lol I mean fair dinkem. How about you get on your knees and suck Vlandal's **** red raw while you're at it.

Rugby League is a simple game played by mostly simple people.

Is it little wonder we are seeing more and more blowout games when the rules / how they are officiated change every other week.

The administration are systematically turning this from a game into a predetermined, scripted spectacle.

I can stomach losses when we are outplayed by a better team, and Manly were certainly better than us tonight. But gee whiz, that second half in particular was an absolute stitch up.
If we didn’t get stitched up we still probably lose, but **** me dead that gave me aids, cancer COVID watching that pus

The decision to name Turpin captain was a disaster waiting to happen. Not since the Hindenburg has something gone up in flames quite so spectacularly.

Ive been saying it for a while now the bloke is lucky to even be in the team, he’d struggle to get a game at most clubs
Come on mate, surely you can think of a worse catastrophic failure?

I think he might have been our coach last year.

No it doesn't, sorry. Unlike the Broncos, Manly know how to hold onto the ball, kick effectively to force repeat set or pin hopeless teams down in their own half. Broncos have no clue how to do anything of those things. Thats what leads to more time in possession. Do I really need to explain the basics to you?
Mate, you have Tallis, Brandy, Joey, and Parker all saying this was the result of a knee jerk reaction to the last round where some calls were missed against the Roosters.

They are all on the same page that this is not good for the game.

There is no doubt that the reffing as the single biggest deciding factor in both games tonight.
Did the Broncos play poorly? Yes they did, however, when you have such a lopsided game with insane officiating, it makes an ordinary performance look diabolical.

This is not the last we will hear of this round, and expect a whole lot of backlash in the press this week because of the officiating and rule changes.

Watching DCE's game compared to Gamble's, well, there is no comparison. DCE was managing everything while Gamble wasn't managing shit. Reynolds will make an enormous difference to our go forward and edge attack. Until then, I'll be content with whatever improvement continues this year.

I'll stick up for Gamble a bit here, he isn't a 7. He isn't a game manager, he is a 5/8

Gamble wasn’t that good in his first game, he was just enthusiastic and provided energy. He’s been bang fucking ordinary since.
Yep. We had people offering him lifetime contracts after that Titans game. There's a reason he hasn't played much NRL

Vonny is making me sick tonight. She is absolutely creaming herself over the performance of manly.
It's her job. They are getting paid to pump the tyres of the game no matter what. No one has the balls to put their career on the line to do otherwise.

Vlandys's greatest achievement has been securing pretty much universal loyalty from the Rugby League media.

C8BD9BEA AB20 47BA 9C77 C99796C703B1

Totally smashed by a marginal playoff team on their own turf. Manly would have scored 70 if they actually broke a sweat. It'll take more than Reynolds and Brenko to fix this fucking mess and I've never seen a dumber group of players in my life.

The sin binnings were harsh but the game was long over by then. It only widened the scoreline which may come back to bite them in their race with the Bulldogs to stay out of the basement.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mighty Bronx
  • mieko
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • DrGee
  • Harry Sack
  • The Boss
  • Jason Simmons
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • cento
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bronx48
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.