Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Watching DCE's game compared to Gamble's, well, there is no comparison. DCE was managing everything while Gamble wasn't managing shit. Reynolds will make an enormous difference to our go forward and edge attack. Until then, I'll be content with whatever improvement continues this year.
DCE is a tier 1 halfback. Loses his 5/8th in the first set of the game and it doesn’t effect him at all. His kicks were incredible. Pinning us in the corners and landing his bombs perfectly for his wingers.

hopefully this is what we’ll enjoy next year.

Watching DCE's game compared to Gamble's, well, there is no comparison. DCE was managing everything while Gamble wasn't managing shit. Reynolds will make an enormous difference to our go forward and edge attack. Until then, I'll be content with whatever improvement continues this year.
Gamble wasn’t that good in his first game, he was just enthusiastic and provided energy. He’s been bang fucking ordinary since.

After watching 2 games of rugby league this weekend, i now know why the NRL canned the planned public post match press conferences ... and it has absolutely nothing to do with Souths and Bennett not wanting to participate in them.

it's because Vlandys has suddenly realised that the public don't have to kiss his ass like the media do, and he doesn't want to hear what they think of him or Vlandys ball

Before you all start rambling about penalty counts like a bunch of headless chooks.

TEAMS THAT HAVE LESS POSSESSION INCUR MORE PENALTIES. There is no 'balance' of penalties when you only have 40% possession.
I bet this guy's real name is Ronald and has red curly hair.... because he's clearly a fucking clown.

The NRL need to think logically about the decisions they are making.

They bring in new rules designed to speed up the game, which results in players under fatigue.

Fatigued players are more likely to make errors in defence, particularly with their tackling technique. This increases the chances of dangerous contact.

This dangerous contact then leads to more sin bins and reports, which equals more stoppages and slows down the game.

The then bring in the rules to penalise any contact with the head, leading to even more stoppages due to seemingly innocuous contact.

It’s out and out stupidity. I’m at a loss.

Rugby League is a simple game played by mostly simple people.

Is it little wonder we are seeing more and more blowout games when the rules / how they are officiated change every other week.

The administration are systematically turning this from a game into a predetermined, scripted spectacle.

I can stomach losses when we are outplayed by a better team, and Manly were certainly better than us tonight. But gee whiz, that second half in particular was an absolute stitch up.

I have a theory- Vlands is a plant from either AFL or Rugby Union and is doing a GREAT JOB of it! 🤔🤔

I’m not angry at the refs because I don’t think it was unfair necessarily. I think we just copped the worst of the joke the rules have become.

I won’t be able to watch NRL if this continues. The tigers knights game was almost just as bad.

Agree, there will be a reaction of sorts by the fans and media and the remaining 6 games probably won't be refereed with the same intensity as tonight

When I was at school in Coorparoo, our abusive (physical and mental) principal would hide behind a tree at the school entrance/exit watching for anyone whose socks weren't pulled up high enough. He'd then inspect if you had "garters" for your socks and if you didn't you'd have to stay back for an extra hour on the following Wednesday - actually even if you had garters he'd sometimes still give you a detention. I had no care for that so I made sure I never got in trouble by wearing garters and had my socks up. Some of my friends wouldn't buckle to that and constantly got detentions.
I feel like that game was akin to a hidden video of those afternoons - the officials being the "principal" and the Broncos were my friends.
Reminds me of our principal, except he was checking out our flies, hoping to catch us with them undone. that’s boarding schools for you.

The endless midseason rule changes, year in year out has destroyed a once great product. That Gamble send off was ridiculous as was the Riki send off. Neither were warranted. Ruined the game, a game that was already on life support. The NRL have a lot to answer for. Pretty sure we are going to hear more about this and it won't be complimentary towards the NRL

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • pennywisealfie
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.