Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
That was one of the most gutsy NRL wins for any team in 2018.
You won’t hear about it in the media, but when you appreciate the talent that we had on the sideline up against a fully fit, and firing “premiership team” in the roosters, you can’t do anything but applaud the boys on tonight’s efforts.

Might just be the kick our 2018 season needs.

Yep, all we will hear from the media is that Napa’s send off was the worst in a decade and that we were ‘lucky’ and the Roosters were ‘flat’.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Tedesco's kick returns were immense. There were times he'd catch it, run, and end up pretty much where we kicked it from, if not even further.

When you have a weapon like that at the back of the opposition how about don’t kick it to them? I know hard with good back there but kick it out or bomb it so high defence is on them by time they get it or kick to a corner and focus a hard chase there... again hard when don’t have the kickers but am I missing something that an under 12s coach wouldn’t do?

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Really good win, showed a lot of heart at the end. Down by six late after two soft tries I thought they were shot, but they held in and took their chances. Really impressed by the young forwards in particular (bar Su'A's mistakes) and Milford's steady improvement.

But they did win in spite of the same flaws that have been plaguing them, not free of them. Bad drops at the worst times, defensive lapses after hard work, ill discipline, lack of organisation, poor red zone efficiency, and frequent bad kick choices. If they clean these things up they can play with anybody, tonight showed that, but pretty much the rest of the season gives me no faith they can overcome these flaws week in and week out. Hope I'm wrong though.

For now I'm just going enjoy the memory of Jimmy absolutely burning Mitchell.

Add in a badly underperforming and uninspirational captain with back foot on kick returns (although did first one ok tonight), carrying dead weight and over-reliance on brilliance than tactics and good structure and sums it up perfectly.

Staggs was good but is still green and will need time. Deserves to be rewarded next week especially since Opa might need a week or 2 off to be safe.

Love to see that last night but Roosters were a little flat after last week so let’s not get carried away.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
6a09436ba886a939e32b894747524139
img_1741-jpg.3043
e585b530ac541703127d76c856498ca8

giphy.gif

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
What a gutsy gutsy win. Massive turnaround from last week. We just hung in there and never gave up and came away with a classic Broncos win.
Well done fellas!!

And if that's not leading with the head I don't know what is. Shit form from Nappa then to blow up when sin binned, definitely kidding himself.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Disappointed that someone smarter than me hasn’t done an “excited Wayne” gif yet tbh.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Unfortunate for opacic but it was just meant to be for staggs. Awesome stuff.
I know Bennett gets criticised a lot for not giving young blokes a run but there’s so much to consider. Not the least being that based on that one game, the likes of Nathan Brown or Garth Brennan will offer him a squillion to go elsewhere.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I know Hodges body started to deteriorate but I honestly don't remember him not trying. He was always more involved than Boyd is now. I actually can't get Keary's second try out of my head. It was honestly embarassing. The players didn't seem to be able to look at him after that. And They all seem to know that when the opposition does a kick in goal that its basically a guaranteed try because he is NEVER at home. Actually going to make a compilation video in a few weeks of Boyds lowlights so far this season. Just need to find a site that lets me upload videos longer than 10 minutes in length.
Did you see his 1 on 1 try saver on Tedesco who was very hard to handle. Yes the miss on Keary was bad but no one knew it more than Boyd and he absolutely gutsed it in the 2nd half.....and I’m not a Boyd fan.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
TPJ - 19 Runs - 165 M - 23 Tackles
Sua - 16 Runs - 128 M - 34 Tackles
Offa - 17 Runs - 131 M - 39 Tackles

The future is bright lads.

Need to keep sua , tpj and offa i think will stay long term.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Need to keep sua , tpj and offa i think will stay long term.

TPJ has to be the priority. He is just killing it wherever he plays right now. I'm still not convinced we can match the offers Sua is getting elswhere, especially from Souths. Just hope he will take a little less to stay here.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What a win!

I think we need to remember how young some of these blokes in our team are - there is going to be both good and bad moments, and a lot of frustration as they learn what it takes to be a consistent NRL level player.

Look at Isaako - he's been copping a lot of flak in recent weeks, then goes and pulls that match-winning try out of the bag. That was a fucking amazing try. If someone like Tedesco or Mitchell did that, we'd have non-stop replays for the rest of the century. HE DID A FUCKING GOOSE-STEP!!!

There is so much natural talent in these young kids, but it's going to be rocks and diamonds every week, so as fans we just need to stay patient and realise the experience these lads are gaining now is going to make for great things in the coming years.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
TPJ has to be the priority. He is just killing it wherever he plays right now. I'm still not convinced we can match the offers Sua is getting elswhere, especially from Souths. Just hope he will take a little less to stay here.

I don't think we need to match it but we would need to give him the chance to keep his position.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
What a win!

I think we need to remember how young some of these blokes in our team are - there is going to be both good and bad moments, and a lot of frustration as they learn what it takes to be a consistent NRL level player.

Look at Isaako - he's been copping a lot of flak in recent weeks, then goes and pulls that match-winning try out of the bag. That was a fucking amazing try. If someone like Tedesco or Mitchell did that, we'd have non-stop replays for the rest of the century. HE DID A FUCKING GOOSE-STEP!!!

There is so much natural talent in these young kids, but it's going to be rocks and diamonds every week, so as fans we just need to stay patient and realise the experience these lads are gaining now is going to make for great things in the coming years.
Yeah, i've come to the realisation that it's going to be a rocky road for a while so prepared to take the good with the bad. Bring on next week.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.