Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
TPJ, Su’a & Ofahengaue, they played easily the best game of the season that we’ve had from our 11-13. What the **** do we do when Glenn, Gillett and McGuire are back?

I think Su'A came close to playing himself out of that 12 jersey, to be honest.

I thought it was a 50/50 game from him tonight.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Brilliant win. That’s the passion I want to see week in, week out.

Ps, tonight confirmed the sooner we can get a release on bird, the better..

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Brilliant win. That’s the passion I want to see week in, week out.

Ps, tonight confirmed the sooner we can get a release on bird, the better..

OR the sooner we can get him fit and back in the side with Niko off the bench and Gillett and Mcguire back we could be a sneaky hope come the finals.
No doubt this is the craziest most even comp this year.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
That was one of the most gutsy NRL wins for any team in 2018.
You won’t hear about it in the media, but when you appreciate the talent that we had on the sideline up against a fully fit, and firing “premiership team” in the roosters, you can’t do anything but applaud the boys on tonight’s efforts.

Might just be the kick our 2018 season needs.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I have to say a big **** YOU to NRL Legal.

That James Roberts and Isaako try would have been perfect to upload. It would have generated so many likes for the page.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Most of the boys really stood up tonight. Nikorima still very suspect in defence and didn't do much in attack but was an improved performance. Boyd was yet again complete Mud and needs to be stripped of the captaincy. His two efforts on Luke Keary were abysmal, especially the second try. Yet another week, another grubber kick to a second rower for a try. This has happened at least once every game so far this season... Boyd really has to pull his finger out, or hurry up and **** off to be honest.

Thaiday tried, but again, wasted bench player. Even with a 3 man bench the entire game, Thaiday did next to zero. To be fair to him though, this is the only week so far this year he should have been picked. Due to no Glenn, Gillett, Mcguire, Bird and Kahu.

The worrying sign for me is yet again we won by a few standout performances, namely TPJ (AGAIN), Roberts, Isaako and Milford. Most of the tries were individual brilliance. I will take the win, but it wasn't convincing in the sense only one of the tries came from a set play.

Daddy Bennett really has to sit down with Darius. This simply isn't working out at all. He shows literally zero heart, and doesnt even appear to talk to the Players after they concede a try. (Likely because he realises he did nothing to prevent it). Honestly watching that attempt on keary for his second try really frustrates me. That is absolutely pathetic. Literally tried to grab him with arms and made no real attempt to put his body on the line. I'd be disappointed with that effort from anyone, but for a $750k a season player who is our CAPTAIN. Fucking horrendous.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Obvious bias and victory induced euphoria aside, those two tries were two of the better individual pieces of play I've seen.

Roberts is very very fast, and that last, instant transmission move that Isaako put on cronk was riduculous.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
replay is starting on fox, crew

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Most of the boys really stood up tonight. Nikorima still very suspect in defence and didn't do much in attack but was an improved performance. Boyd was yet again complete Mud and needs to be stripped of the captaincy. His two efforts on Luke Keary were abysmal, especially the second try. Yet another week, another grubber kick to a second rower for a try. This has happened at least once every game so far this season... Boyd really has to pull his finger out, or hurry up and **** off to be honest.

I can understand the second Keary try, but are you seriously going to bag him for the first one?

He was completely outnumbered and tried to get in between the pass which is what every other fullback would have done. If he marks Keary, the Roosters player just passes it to the guy next to him or goes himself.

He was caught in an impossible situation and nearly pulled off a try saver.

If anyone should be bagged for that try, it should be Roberts for his abysmal miss.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Boyd is still struggling with that hamstring. He isn't 100%.

He clutched at it a couple of times in back play tonight. He was still being hampered by it.

We need to give him a few weeks off to get over it. Perhaps he will get back to his best when he can.
He was asked about his hamstring this week and he said he was struggling the first few weeks and in preseason but has been find for the last 8 weeks... If he's fine he can **** off right now. He is a complete liability and has zero heart. Ben Hunt fucked up a lot, but at least the bloke tried. The fact boyd is our captain is just ridiculous. Judging by the way players are after they concede a try, i honestly don't think a single one of them respects him anymore. Make Macca, Glenn or TPJ Captain. SOmeone who is truly 100% passionate about the club and always puts in. Not this overpriced showponey.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Sims should book in for scans on his face later in the week. Someone should leak that he’s looking at 10 weeks out before Napa goes to the judiciary so the prick gets the suspension he deserves

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I can understand the second Keary try, but are you seriously going to bag him for the first one?

He was completely outnumbered and tried to get in between the pass which is what every other fullback would have done. If he marks Keary, the Roosters player just passes it to the guy next to him or goes himself.

He was caught in an impossible situation and nearly pulled off a try saver.

If anyone should be bagged for that try, it should be Roberts for his abysmal miss.
I'm not saying they were his fault, Roberts missed his man, but the effort just isn't there at all from Boyd. Literally doesn't try. Doesn't do hitups, never in position. FUcking 11 rounds in and i don't think he's had a solid 40 minutes (combined), let alone a good game. and this shit keeps happening. Can't he just piss off?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I'm not saying they were his fault, Roberts missed his man, but the effort just isn't there at all from Boyd. Literally doesn't try. Doesn't do hitups, never in position. FUcking 11 rounds in and i don't think he's had a solid 40 minutes (combined), let alone a good game. and this shit keeps happening. Can't he just piss off?

He won't piss off unless bennett pisses off.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Whilst overall I've been happy with Su'A, he was shit tonight. Some good hits in defense but 3 errors is extremely unacceptable, stupid errors as well, needs to work on that.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Players make mistakes. TPJ made a huge one with a dumb offload on first tackle in the last 7 minutes losing us the ball. But he was exceptional until that point. Boyd missed 2 fatal tackles on Mitchell (mind you, so have many many other players this year) and it resulted in 2 tries. But Roberts also created 2 tries and put a lot of effort in tonight.

Boyd had a one on one tackle with Keary and made less of an impact than my dead grandad would have... He was also way out of position yet again giving the roosters an easy try from a kick, and for the rest of the game he caught the ball and passed it as quick as he could. He just doesn't show any heart and is by far the weakest link in our spine this season (even with the Nikorima / Bird merry-go-round). Additionally, at $750k and being the club captain, even one performance like that is unacceptable. Honestly do you remember ever seeing Lockyer, Hodges, Parker or Thaiday ever show that little heart even once in a game? I don't. Sure they had a bad game here or there, but those players always lead by example and gave it their all. We are 11 rounds in, and each one of those performances have been worse than I have ever seen from any of those previously listed players.

It's just not excusable. Say what you will about injury or potential. He could have put his body on the line for that Keary tackle, and he just didn't. He's milking this $750k for all it's worth and its ridiculous. How the media haven't been slaughtering him is just bullshit because sitting in the Members section, where I have sat for the past 15 years, every single person in that area is consistently telling him to **** off. He has no support from the fans, and it appears no support from his players. He needs to man up, and stand down.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • mrslong
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • Manlyman
  • Financeguy
  • The Don
  • lakers133334
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.