Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Brilliant win. That’s the passion I want to see week in, week out.

Ps, tonight confirmed the sooner we can get a release on bird, the better..
It confirmed that Bird needs to wear the #7 jumper again where he will shore up that big hole in the defensive line. And once he is fully fit, confident and comfortable, he will be a force in that position. He will be back in the halves before season's end.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
TPJ efforts in defence makes him my favourite player he just wants to win. Staggs had the perfect debut and jimmy's response to Mitchell has earned a lot of respect, jimmy of old wouldn't have come back like that

Nikorima is still painful. That set near the end where he went away from the posts seriously! And his defence was awful didn't help jimmy out letting Mitchell have space to move.

With napa, if he didn't go in with the head sims is hit by his shoulder and those arms weren't rapping around him it's penalty either way. Sin bin harsh though.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Pre-game, the Broncos were in the sheds in a circle, mood lighting, obviously doing an honesty session.

Post-game, the forwards stayed out on the field to soak it all up.

Young kids, they can’t be up every week, but how quick can they mature? In that two hours I think they just realised what it takes and know they can do it.

TPJ, Su’a & Ofahengaue, they played easily the best game of the season that we’ve had from our 11-13. What the **** do we do when Glenn, Gillett and McGuire are back?

Something in me thinks that bonding session might net us 3 champion back-rowers who stay for unders, bide their time and use it to gain wisdom from the old heads, knowing they’ll be the future of this club one day.

Easy
Play tpj and offa back in the front row and run Sua off the bench
Our young guys are starting to develop and it will give us an edge in the back end of the year because we have already seen what they can do now and they will be growing in confidence

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Honestly do you remember ever seeing Lockyer, Hodges, Parker or Thaiday ever show that little heart even once in a game?

Lockyer, Parker & Thaiday, no.

Hodges, yes. He had some absolute cat games in his last couple of years when his hammy(s) were completely fucked, which unfortunately is the route it appears Boyd is taking.

I find it extremely unlikely that he's gone from our fearless leader and best Fullback in the game to a complete incompetent over the space of 12 months without it being a catastrophic physical problem. He may need a dose of Slater medicine, and by that I mean just take a year off and get his body right. Come back fresh and healthy at the start of 2019 and finish his career on a high note.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
It's pretty good to finally get a win against Cooper Cronk.

First time at Suncorp since 2009.

Couple of other interesting stats they said at the start of the game

Tedesco has never beaten the Broncos and Ferguson has never won an NRL game at Suncorp

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Lockyer, Parker & Thaiday, no.

Hodges, yes. He had some absolute cat games in his last couple of years when his hammy(s) were completely fucked, which unfortunately is the route it appears Boyd is taking.

I find it extremely unlikely that he's gone from our fearless leader and best Fullback in the game to a complete incompetent over the space of 12 months without it being a catastrophic physical problem. He may need a dose of Slater medicine, and by that I mean just take a year off and get his body right. Come back fresh and healthy at the start of 2019 and finish his career on a high note.
I know Hodges body started to deteriorate but I honestly don't remember him not trying. He was always more involved than Boyd is now. I actually can't get Keary's second try out of my head. It was honestly embarassing. The players didn't seem to be able to look at him after that. And They all seem to know that when the opposition does a kick in goal that its basically a guaranteed try because he is NEVER at home. Actually going to make a compilation video in a few weeks of Boyds lowlights so far this season. Just need to find a site that lets me upload videos longer than 10 minutes in length.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Couple of other interesting stats they said at the start of the game

Tedesco has never beaten the Broncos and Ferguson has never won an NRL game at Suncorp

Tedesco is 0 from 5 and Ferguson is 0 from 7.

This is also the 15th win in a row at Suncorp with Sutton as head ref.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Oh man this is amazing

He couldn't have asked the footy gods for a better debut. Full of confidence, never put a foot wrong, he basically squeezed Opacic out of the side with one performance.

Wayne has some selection headaches to handle when our injured blokes get back.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That Jimmy the Jet try was awesome. But the camera zoom in on Mitchell's confounded face just made it SO much better.

The fact that he was able to pull that off with the knee injury he has been carrying this season is fucking remarkable.

He just burned everyone.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Roberts beats latrell

Roberts, Isaako star as Brisbane beat Roosters

May 18, 2018

It was a centre battle for the ages between Latrell Mitchell and James Roberts at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night that stole the show in an extraordinary 28-22 win to the Brisbane Broncos.

Roberts had the last laugh where it counts on the scoreboard when winger Jamayne Isaako broke a 22-all deadlock in the 78th minute with a scintillating 30-metre try.

It was Roberts' 70-metre effort with seven minutes remaining to level the scores that evoked memories of Steve Renouf and will live long in the memory of all who saw it. And the man he left in his wake with pure speed was Mitchell.

The match erupted in the 75th minute when Roosters prop Dylan Napa led with his head in a dangerous tackle on Korbin Sims and was sent to the sin bin.

Napa's high shot had the Broncos seeing red and Sam Thaiday raced in to remonstrate with Napa.

When the dust had settled it was the Broncos who made the most of the one-man advantage to seal a memorable win with Isaako's second try.

NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler has plenty to think about after centre candidates Roberts and Mitchell both scored and set up tries in an epic showdown.

Roberts recalled before the game how the Sydney Roosters centre had left a palm print on his chest in last year's finals series at Suncorp Stadium on the way to the match-winning try.

Mitchell repeated the dose on Roberts in the first half on Friday night to set up a four-pointer ultimately for Luke Keary.

Just before half-time Mitchell stepped off his left foot to leave three Broncos defenders in his wake, including Roberts, to give the Roosters a 12-10 half-time lead.

As Roberts trudged off at the break with a sore groin after copping a knee in the nether regions it appeared to be game, set and match to Mitchell in the head-to-head stakes.

Roberts had other ideas and showed immense character to come out after half-time and stand Mitchell up to send Isaako over out wide.

Isaac Liu and Boyd Cordner then scored to give the Roosters a 22-16 lead and momentum before Roberts turned on the after burners and lived up to his 'Jimmy the Jet' nickname.

The Broncos unearthed a star of the future in 19-year-old Kotoni Staggs, who entered the fray in the third minute of his NRL debut after Tom Opacic was concussed.

Staggs showed his class at left centre to catch and pass in the one motion to send Corey Oates over and displayed immense strength to shrug off Ryan Matterson and Blake Ferguson and score after a slick offload from Tevita Pangai.

Pangai and fellow back-rowers Jaydn Su'A and Joe Ofahengaue were enormous for the Broncos.

Keary had a blinder for the Roosters at five-eighth and also gave Fittler a lot to think about when he sits down to pick his halves combination for Origin One at the MCG on June 6.

Source: NRL.com

M

Maddy1to9

QCup Player
Sep 13, 2017
What a spirited performance from the young lads. Take a bow all of you. You deserve the win & as a life long die hard fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the game baring some silly mistakes.

Staggs - you've come in to the team at the need of the hour and hopefully stay there for good.
TPJ - you excel in every position. Keep doing that.
Off - very impressed by your performance
Milf - keep developing the skills
Oats - very good performance again
Sua - you are awesome minus the mistakes
Roberts- you are the MAN to be caught! But, no one can.
Isako - very impressed by your performance.
Lodge - keep doing the same stuff week in week out.
Tagga - need more from you for longer periods
Macca - you are a work machine & I reckon the QLD No.9 is almost guaranteed to you

Dear Wayne,

No other coach in the game knows how to make the lads turn up for a game better than you. You are truly genius! I love it when you get excited during the game - it makes me very happy. I want to see more of it. More of jumping out of your seat please.

I've a request for you Wayne. Can we PLEASE play TPJ at 7 next game? He has excelled in every position he played this year. Why don't we try him @ 7? By doing so, we can bring in another bigger body into the 13 in either Fai/Flegler/Carrigan.
You certainly might have had this thought but, can we implement it next week and see how our lock/prop/back-row monster perform in 7? He might kill it even more.

Keep doing the same boys. Top 4 finish by end of Round-25 is very much possible.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
"It was the wrong call, obviously a call from the bunker." - Trent Robinson on the Dylan Napa headshot, which was blown as a penalty 2 seconds after impact by the on-field referees.

Stupid flog can't even get his facts straight.

Not only that, he then says that it should have been a scrum feed to them because he knocked it on, which he clearly didn’t.

He is clearly starting to feel the pressure from Uncle Nick to get results from the star studded team he bought him.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • kiwi2
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Smokin' Joe
  • The Don
  • Johnny92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Fozz
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.