Oates
Glenn
Gillett (medically retired)
Turpin
Niu
Arthars
Bird
Kahu

What is wrong with the medical department??

Thats the best part of a top 4 team there.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I found this interesting. Our mental state, it gets put under the blowtorch about half way through the vid. Without resilience we are nothing. Seibold has said the same. Thing is, it is up to him to get the players to believe in themselves, otherwise they will fail until they do, and he will be held responsible rightly or wrongly or a bit of both. Without self belief we will never beat a good side who puts points on us. This is beyond roster changes although some change is needed to help the process.

https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/game-p...-a-positive-mentality-and-when-it-goes-wrong/
And the way you build resolve is using defence as a foundation.

If the defence is sound then the team can fall back on it as a safety net... our defence is shit and can't defend any of the errors or penalties that we make, which puts huge emphasis on every other aspect.

The players are probably scared shitless of making an error knowing the team can't defend it so they play within themselves to try and be conservative in order to hold the ball... unfortunately playing conservatively provides zero room for attacking play or building momentum.

It is the way it's been since 2016 (probably longer as I'd say 2015 was an anomaly)... we need someone to put the emphasis on our defence and build everything from there.

Just look at the knights this year... the entire emphasis of the new coach was defence and they had that to fall back on when they lost all those players mid game and had to play with young guys the next game

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
And the way you build resolve is using defence as a foundation.

If the defence is sound then the team can fall back on it as a safety net... our defence is shit and can't defend any of the errors or penalties that we make, which puts huge emphasis on every other aspect.

The players are probably scared shitless of making an error knowing the team can't defend it so they play within themselves to try and be conservative in order to hold the ball... unfortunately playing conservatively provides zero room for attacking play or building momentum.

It is the way it's been since 2016 (probably longer as I'd say 2015 was an anomaly)... we need someone to put the emphasis on our defence and build everything from there.

Just look at the knights this year... the entire emphasis of the new coach was defence and they had that to fall back on when they lost all those players mid game and had to play with young guys the next game

I read that the team is working on defence as a priority for the game against the Storm. That actually made me feel a bit positive about this match. Not that we will win, but that they are seeing the bleeding obvious and recognising everyone else does. It came from TPJ and Carrigan on nrl.com. Funny how our 2 best defenders talk about that.

As I posted elsewhere, my biggest issue with Seibold is whether he or whoever coaches our defence, focus on the drills required to get to good structures. If they do, then it certainly does point to individual failures, especially on our edges. Whichever explanation, this season has shown more than ever our weaknesses which have been left unaddressed for years, particularly mental toughness and playing tough. I guess having a young side explains part of this but not the steady decline.

The Storm game is going to show us so much about whether or not Seibold's coaching really is worth anything. Whenever I watch Seibold interviews, the constant look on his face of despair tells me a lot, particularly that he recognises that players are not responding to the bleeding obvious, to his coaching, to the need for massive improvements. Getting the best from your players is the key to being a good coach. This is the biggest single worry i have with him

Last edited:
Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
I read that the team is working on defence as a priority for the game against the Storm. That actually made me feel a bit positive about this match. Not that we will win, but that they are seeing the bleeding obvious and recognising everyone else does. It came from TPJ and Carrigan on nrl.com. Funny how our 2 best defenders talk about that.

As I posted elsewhere, my biggest issue with Seibold is whether he or whoever coaches our defence, focus on the drills required to get to good structures. If they do, then it certainly does point to individual failures, especially on our edges. Whichever explanation, this season has shown more than ever our weaknesses which have been left unaddressed for years, particularly mental toughness and playing tough. I guess having a young side explains part of this but not the steady decline.

The Storm game is going to show us so much about whether or not Seibold's coaching really is worth anything. Whenever I watch Seibold interviews, the constant look on his face of despair tells me a lot, particularly that he recognises that players are not responding to the bleeding obvious, to his coaching, to the need for massive improvements. Getting the best from your players is the key to being a good coach. This is the biggest single worry i have with him

let me save you the bother....

This will be lambs to the slaughter....

First try will be conceded within 10 minutes of the start..heads will drop....

Rinse and repeat.....aint nothing changing this currently im afraid...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

My fear as well. Still I live in hope that we will see something positive this match, win or lose. Despair is a bitch and like all of us I am really sick of it

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

The worst part about the Storm is they're masters at coming back in the fourth quarter. Every game for them is like Broncos v Cowboys, except with them always prevailing. They'll be fitter than us and won't take their foot off the pedal.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

That’s a bit optimistic. More like within 3 minutes.

What will happen is this. We will kick off. We will give away a penalty in the first set. Storm come down our end and work us up the middle to compress our defensive line, then they will spread it left to Addo-Carr who will score in the corner.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
I am a season ticket holder (am actually grateful it has been rolled over to next year so I only pay for any game I go to this year)
Anyway the other day I got an email from the Broncos about a 'members only special offer' where you can get 2 games (Storm and Sharks) for the price of one.
I didn't take up the offer but I think the Broncos are very worried about the potential low turnout of people to their remaining home games this year.
Will probably be more deals like that during the rest of the season to try and encourage people to go to some games.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
That’s a bit optimistic. More like within the 3 minutes.

What will happen is this. We will kick off. We will give away a penalty in the first set. Storm come down our end and work us up the middle to compress our defensive line, then they will spread it left to Addo-Carr who will score in the corner.

After Coates leaves his wing for whatever reason, to tackle whoever is on the inside of Ado Carr.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
I am a season ticket holder (am actually grateful it has been rolled over to next year so I only pay for any game I go to this year)
Anyway the other day I got an email from the Broncos about a 'members only special offer' where you can get 2 games (Storm and Sharks) for the price of one.
I didn't take up the offer but I think the Broncos are very worried about the potential low turnout of people to their remaining home games this year.
Will probably be more deals like that during the rest of the season to try and encourage people to go to some games.
Yep. Covid plays a part for sure, but jeez the team sucking so hard so consistently isn't going to help with the numbers.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Blame the board. I’ve heard that Boyd and Milford are untouchable. Seibold wants to drop them but told not allowed to by upper management. Apparently that’s one of the reason the players are split.

I have no info in this being true or not, but I just want to say that even if it is true, it still says something about Siebold.
If I were in that situation I would say to the board that I am the coach and I pick the team, if you don't like that then fire me.
But I would 100% pick the team I wanted.
And for the records I actually have been in a similar type of situation, and that is what I did.
I report to the CEO of the place I work, and I had a job vacancy and I knew who I wanted to fill that role. The CEO knew the person, had concerns and said it was the wrong choice, and I had to find someone else. I said absolutely not, I am in charge of the staff and I am hiring who I want, and if it goes badly, I'll take the consequences.

If the board really has said that it says a lot about them.
Siebold needs to stand up to them and do what he thinks is right anyway, and if he can't it says a lot about him.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Seriously, how many fans, 'real' or otherwise, would want to go to watch players disrespect the club (not the jersey, it is HORRID) week in, week out like these current clowns do? Especially in a year like this where so many people are struggling financially? I can't blame fans for not wanting to go.

Even then, if you had the choice to go watch any AFL game (where the Lions and Suns are exciting and winning), other league teams play or even union (where the Reds are winning), why would you willing go and watch these abhorrent losers?

I will not bemoan anyone who does not want to spend hard earned money on this rubbish.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
That’s a bit optimistic. More like within 3 minutes.

Remember that game where in our first set we kicked on the 3rd tackle or something stupid and pretty much lost the game right then. The storm scored at will for the next 70 minutes.

I really fear what they can do given set restarts and their love of embarrassing us at Suncorp.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I dread watching this but I do want to see how much of a score Melbourne can put on and it will be nice to see a good team go about their business.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
What points differential will be a success for us? I’m thinking if we lose by 20 or less that will be something....not sure it will be something to build on, but something that something else good can build on. 🤔😆

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
What points differential will be a success for us? I’m thinking if we lose by 20 or less that will be something....not sure it will be something to build on, but something that something else good can build on. 🤔😆

Honestly if Melbourne don’t put at least 50 on us, I’ll be disappointed in them.

That’s of course on the proviso that we continue to not turn up. However should we actually try, then credit where it will be due.

I do not anticipate giving out any credit.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
20 or less would be absolutely unbelievable after what I watched on Friday right. 20 or less is us doing well against the Storm at the best of times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Seibs
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.