PRE-GAME Round 11 - Broncos vs Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Croft and Milford obviously thought "if you don't put your hand on the player, it doesn't count as a miss. Thank you Boyd-sensei".

Poor Boyd, more then a year on and still trying too hard.

Boyd should go if for no other reason than to show just how much we would miss him

Milford and Croft’s defence was absolutely disgusting last night. The storm are going to tear us to pieces if we run out with both of them. You can’t afford to have halves who are passengers in defence anymore. Dearden and Paix have both shown themselves to be good defenders. I agree that it would be unfair on them to put them both in at the same time, but I think you need to drop one of Milford or Croft. We might be able to cover 1 liability in defence instead of 2.
I thought I'd see how many missed tackles Croft and Milford had and it wasn't a huge amount between them after 80 mins, only 4 with Milford 1 and Croft 3. For comparison Harry Grant played 64 minutes at hooker and missed 4. Another interesting fail was Oates who also missed 3 but the bloke you should be looking at is Isaac Luke, he missed 6!!!

It's no surprise that small halves are going to miss tackles, especially in the rain. It's the lack of leadership and creativity that's much more of a problem and they didn't do that last night. At 22 Croft is still learning but Milford doesn't have that excuse. There's plenty of blame to go round. The combined missed tackles were 30 to the Tigers 19.

I thought I'd see how many missed tackles Croft and Milford had and it wasn't a huge amount between them after 80 mins, only 4 with Milford 1 and Croft 3. For comparison Harry Grant played 64 minutes at hooker and missed 4. Another interesting fail was Oates who also missed 3 but the bloke you should be looking at is Isaac Luke, he missed 6!!!

It's no surprise that small halves are going to miss tackles, especially in the rain. It's the lack of leadership and creativity that's much more of a problem and they didn't do that last night. At 22 Croft is still learning but Milford doesn't have that excuse. There's plenty of blame to go round. The combined missed tackles were 30 to the Tigers 19.

I’m a bit sick of seeing you rely only on stats when talking about player performance. Croft missed one key tackle on Leilua that led to a try, and made another poor defensive decision that led to Walters putting Leilua over.

Milford was lazy at marker and let Harry Grant basically walk it over. Haas was also responsible here.

Stats are completely useless if you don’t take into account the context of the game.

Stats are half the reason why we are we are. Stats can give a winger a missed tackle for centre not manning uup.theres more to the game.
[automerge]1595043410[/automerge]

Last edited:
I’m a bit sick of seeing you rely only on stats when talking about player performance. Croft missed one key tackle on Leilua that led to a try, and made another poor defensive decision that led to Walters putting Leilua over.

Milford was lazy at marker and let Harry Grant basically walk it over. Haas was also responsible here.

Stats are completely useless if you don’t take into account the context of the game.
Yeah? Well I'm tired of fake claims. When people have agendas or want to single out a player/s and ignore others they often make shit up so I just want some balance. If you( collective you ) are going to talk about missed tackles and poor defence you should mention all the players with poor stats.

Oates missed 3 and Luke double that. Milford only missed the one yet old mate was talking about defensive liability and saying we couldn't afford non tacklers. Fair enough but is the whole story, stats wise not worth telling? It's just about balance. I didn't defend anyone here and did point out the offensive side is more important and both Croft and Milford were poor this week.

Even if you just throw out the defensive side of the argument, throw out the halves, throw out the coaching.

What the **** has happened to our forward pack? Like, I know we've got key injuries, but this forward pack loses every week, regardless of who's there. Not only do they lose the grind, they get absolutely spanked. Flegler has gone from a possible Origin candidate to someone who wouldn't make a first grade side at any other club. Haas has gone from the greatest prop in the NRL and a future immortal to a defensive liability that struggles to make any impact with or without the ball. Glenn was a complete shadow of himself prior to his injury. Ofahengaue has gone from an origin incumbent to someone pretty much all of us can't wait to see the back of. Lodge (after his injury) was making Martin Kennedy's impact look not-so-bad.

The only forwards who haven't completely disrespected the club in the last 8 weeks are Carrigan & Pangai Jr. I thank them for their continued efforts and genuinely wish the rest of these kids had as much will to win as those 2 do every week.

Even if you just throw out the defensive side of the argument, throw out the halves, throw out the coaching.

What the **** has happened to our forward pack? Like, I know we've got key injuries, but this forward pack loses every week, regardless of who's there. Not only do they lose the grind, they get absolutely spanked. Flegler has gone from a possible Origin candidate to someone who wouldn't make a first grade side at any other club. Haas has gone from the greatest prop in the NRL and a future immortal to a defensive liability that struggles to make any impact with or without the ball. Glenn was a complete shadow of himself prior to his injury. Ofahengaue has gone from an origin incumbent to someone pretty much all of us can't wait to see the back of. Lodge (after his injury) was making Martin Kennedy's impact look not-so-bad.

The only forwards who haven't completely disrespected the club in the last 8 weeks are Carrigan & Pangai Jr. I thank them for their continued efforts and genuinely wish the rest of these kids had as much will to win as those 2 do every week.

I think that's a bit harsh on Haas to be honest. He's pumping out big minutes and big numbers, he has been immense for us. He's clearly got the shits with some in the team, his gobful at Glenn a couple of weeks back speaks to that IMO. And really, who could blame him? Plus, he's still a kid...easy to forget, but he still has a lot to learn, so I can forgive some errors.

Look, I can't agree about Haas, no way. Well, not that he's a defensive liability!! You say you watch every game and never miss a thing weel, how on earth can you claim that about Haas. He made 59 tackles and only missed two on a wet night in a team flogged 48 nil!!!!!!!!!!😨 How many other props play 80 minutes? Add to that he made more metres than TPJ from three fewer runs. I know he wasn't and hasn't been as good this year but, be fair!

You can tell which people don't pay a whole lot of attention to games, heh.

Haas has been a liability defensively at stages for quite a while, do you guys not remember his defensive errors costing us multiple games last season? I certainly do.

I'm quite sure that's why Seibold has reduced his minutes over the last month or so. I'm not sure whether the defensive mistakes are due to fatigue, coaching, or some other variable, but, they've cost us points numerous times over the last 18 months.

As I've said at other times though, he's one of the only forwards willing to put his hand up for a run in most sets, so it's hard to blame him too much. If you look at how many runs guys like Ofahengaue & Flegler take each game it's genuinely sad. I can't explain what's happened to them.

Haas has been a liability defensively at stages for quite a while, do you guys not remember his defensive errors costing us multiple games last season? I certainly do.

I'm quite sure that's why Seibold has reduced his minutes over the last month or so. I'm not sure whether the defensive mistakes are due to fatigue, coaching, or some other variable, but, they've cost us points numerous times over the last 18 months.

As I've said at other times though, he's one of the only forwards willing to put his hand up for a run in most sets, so it's hard to blame him too much. If you look at how many runs guys like Ofahengaue & Flegler take each game it's genuinely sad. I can't explain what's happened to them.
Huh?He played 80 minutes last night! Reduced his minutes? What, from overused to a level that matches the competitions longest playing front rowers? Jesus, you just can't be wrong about anything can you?

Huh?He played 80 minutes last night! Reduced his minutes? What, from overused to a level that matches the competitions longest playing front rowers? Jesus, you just can't be wrong about anything can you?

He only played 80 last night because our starting edge back rowers played 90 minutes combined. That's unheard of.

If you look at his minutes over the prior month he didn't even get close to 80 minutes once. Just need to open your eyes and have a look big fella. Not difficult.

I just want as many players dropped as possible - don't care if they are better than those brought in they just deserve the punishment for the performances.

If possible like ice hockey would swap the whole side out.

We are losing by 50 anyway so who cares.

Yes, it is amazing how someone can be so wrong yet so certain they're right. That's you @Unbreakable, just for clarity.
Here's why...again.
Your claim: Haas has had his minutes reduced because he's a defensive liability over the last month.
Fact: He's missed 1.25 tackles per game last month.
169 and 5 misses.
This season in total: 428 tackles with just 11 misses in 10 games.

So you are totally wrong, again but I'm sure there'll be another excuse and rationalization or another deflection. You'll moan ,but but I said last season too. What's the bet he was a great tackler last season or will the stats again be lying?

The guy who vehemently argued that Boyd is the 2nd best centre defensively in the NRL because he doesn't miss many tackles is now doing the same with Haas using literally the same method, lmao.

I thought old people were good at learning from their mistakes. 😂 :port:

He only played 80 last night because our starting edge back rowers played 90 minutes combined. That's unheard of.

If you look at his minutes over the prior month he didn't even get close to 80 minutes once. Just need to open your eyes and have a look big fella. Not difficult.
And once again, WRONG. Jesus, you are so narcissistic!!
Not close to 80 in the last month, how about 79 minutes, huh? Just two weeks ago against the Warriors. Is two weeks ago in the last month? Yup. So, wrong again. Hands up if you've been wrong recently.

In fact, of the possible regular game time over 4 rounds , 320mi utes Haas has played just 43 minutes less spread over 4 games. About 10 minutes a game. So, wrong again.

Correction: 65 minutes against the Warriors.
Further: 43 minutes less over 4 games, not 29. Average 10 minutes less. I got that wrong by a small margin.

Last edited:
The guy who vehemently argued that Boyd is the 2nd best centre defensively in the NRL because he doesn't miss many tackles is now doing the same with Haas using literally the same method, lmao.

I thought old people were good at learning from their mistakes. 😂 :port:
Also, not my stat. Take it up with the compiler. You are clearly wrong and as soon as it's exposed you attack my age. Sad, narcissist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Porthoz
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.