Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Kodi was involved in all but one (right side tries). But you could argue his presence on the right created doubt in the defenders on the one try he wasn't directly involved in. As I said before; Kodi and Anthony can lead us to a premiership without a doubt. But Ben Hunt deserves his spot back. Unless we can get a really classy half that can lead the team around for next year Kodi will be starting and rightfully so. Do not doubt his ability to lead the team around. He can be quite vocal. I have to say that both Kodi and Anthony feel more comfortable talking when playing with each other. The thing I like about Kodi is his "always positive" attitude. It takes a lot to get his feathers ruffled.

Why does Hunt deserve his spot back? He's not Smith, JT or Cronk.

Besides no player deserves anything other than their contract terms and to be offered the opportunity to play if and where it best suits the team.

That role you are talking
Why does Hunt deserve his spot back? He's not Smith, JT or Cronk.

Besides no player deserves anything other than their contract terms and to be offered the opportunity to play if and where it best suits the team.
I agree with that statement in itself, but disagree with the context or pecieved wisdom of its implications to hunt and kodi. If hunt is picked, it will not be on a debt owed to him, but demonstrated skills, namely kicking in general play, better defence, and an ability to operate without Milford in form, against a number of teams for number of years. Kodi has played 6 games and is yet to demonstrate a good kick outside the 20, organising without Milford (or macca for that matter), defending without gillet, or playing finals football, with all the pressure it entails. Most of his detractors bring up the drop ball in the grand final, without acknowledging that he was a big part of why they were there in the first place. Kodi has played well, in 6 games but not without fault, and could not operate as a half without Milford. If macca is out and kodi played half, Milford would be torced to do all the kicking. Every set of 6 would have players breathing down Milford's neck, knowing without any pressure knik has kicked badly when he has at all. Hunt has demonstrated he can defend with whom ever plays next to him, some games better than other, sure. Knick has never played half without gillet next to him, barring 20 minutes when a team on the ropes almost managed to score twice.

Saying Kodi has made no good kicks outside the 20 is a straight up lie. He's put in a handful of grassfinders. His kicking game is on par with Hunts. His set play exicution and short passing game has been better than Hunts. His defence isn't as good as Hunt's but there isn't a huge difference.

Kodi has been playing better than Hunt has since 2015. That doesn't mean that Hunt couldn't come back into 7 and hit his previous form, in which case he is a better option than Kodi. Ideally, you want them both in the 17. The question isn't who deserves it as much as who deserves to play where. One of them has to play Hooker while Macca is out.

What this does mean is that Hunt is going to have to come back firing, competition for spots is a very good thing.

Who were the refs the other night?

I didn't recognise either of them. I thought they did a great job and no not just because Brisbane won by a big margin.

No ridiculous square up penalties in the second half, the ruck was nice and tidy...no one bagging their performance in the media.

The NRL will probably demote them after that performance.

Who were the refs the other night?

I didn't recognise either of them. I thought they did a great job and no not just because Brisbane won by a big margin.

No ridiculous square up penalties in the second half, the ruck was nice and tidy...no one bagging their performance in the media.

The NRL will probably demote them after that performance.

refs were: Grant Atkins and Gavin Reynolds

Grant Atkins is a decent ref.

He is the first to admit when he makes a **** up and the way he handles disputes on the field is very professional. He also isn't afraid to use the sin bin and he doesn't make as many mistakes as the other refs.

He is one ref that I can tolerate.

I rate perenara as one of the better ones. He doesn't seem to utilize the bunker on every single call and I don't see him succumb to home town pressure and blow the pea out of the whistle

ie not Cheatchin, Cummins, Perenara or any other useless **** we know the name of. And that's how referees should be: present but not known
This is a whole other thread but how Ashley Klein keeps getting a first grade gig is beyond me.

I rate perenara as one of the better ones. He doesn't seem to utilize the bunker on every single call and I don't see him succumb to home town pressure and blow the pea out of the whistle

I can't disagree more. I reckon he is one of the worst refs in the game, and the fact he pulls Warriors games is completely unacceptable.

Sometimes I feel like the difference between the referees is that some referees are forced to make difficult calls, while others get to receive a night off.

The referees were fine, but the Broncos got away with a fairly fortunate 'knock back' call on Gillett and the two tries in the second half could have easily been taken off them for forward passes.

Sometimes I feel like the difference between the referees is that some referees are forced to make difficult calls, while others get to receive a night off.

The referees were fine, but the Broncos got away with a fairly fortunate 'knock back' call on Gillett and the two tries in the second half could have easily been taken off them for forward passes.

I was surprised they awarded the Kodi try. All game they had been cracking down on anything that even looked remotely forward.

The Gillett drop was around 15:55 for those curious.

The Gillett drop was around 15:55 for those curious.
I didn't think it was a knock on, as the ball went backwards in that instance.
The Roberts pass for Kodi's try was forward, but there was no official able to view it properly. The side line assistant was way back, and the onfield ref was covered by a Tigers player...

I didn't think it was a knock on, as the ball went backwards in that instance

On replay, the ball has gone behind Gillett, he's reached a hand out to try and drag it in and with momentum, the ball has gone a metre forward from the initial point of contact.

Didn`t say the #7 shouldn`t call plays or direct traffic .
I said I prioritise other qualities over being an organiser . If you can`t threaten the line , pass , defend well and get repeat sets .
You`ll be organising in the lower grades .

Active Now

• Mark H
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosMan
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Redux
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.