/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

A lotta talk about #7s organising ?
They touch the ball in the oppositions 40 or 6th tackle to kick . And then its only on 1 side of the field . You might think that after playing footy for 10 + years a player might understand his role ? Organising is overated .

Speed off the mark , quality of pass , defence and last tackle options out weigh organising other blokes who should know their teams play book .

I always thought "organising the play" was 99% the game plan, and everyone in the team being drilled to know what to do and when to do it as far as that is possible. As far as last tackle options are concerned, for mine they are not propositions from Wittgenstein

A lotta talk about #7s organising ?
They touch the ball in the oppositions 40 or 6th tackle to kick . And then its only on 1 side of the field . You might think that after playing footy for 10 + years a player might understand his role ? Organising is overated .

Speed off the mark , quality of pass , defence and last tackle options out weigh organising other blokes who should know their teams play book .

Couldn't disagree with this more, unfortunately. So often you see directionless sides throwing the ball around and not going anywhere. Yesterday is a good example too, Eels struggled without Norman. It doesn't necessarily have to be the 7 though, Storm do it through Smith.

firefly.gif

I always thought "organising the play" was 99% the game plan, and everyone in the team being drilled to know what to do and when to do it as far as that is possible. As far as last tackle options are concerned, for mine they are not propositions from Wittgenstein
Organising the play is also about identifying which part of the field you want to get and for what reason i.e. Play the ball on the left side for a right foot kicker, field goal set ups. A big component is also creating overlaps/disadvantages in the defending team by exploiting and more importantly creating defensive lapses by isolating defenders one on one, creating overlaps, etc.

There is also the fact that players will get fatigued and fall back on muscle memory rather than playing the game plan. That is where a game manager will identify and exploit defences or tell players what he wants and where they need to be to execute a kick, field goal, even when the kick will occur for the kick chase.

The game manager basically needs to be the onfield coach and also needs to be able to adapt to what's happening on the field if the game plan isn't working. It is a lot more than just running the play. It is why they say the great players are thinking 2-3 plays ahead

Couldn't disagree with this more, unfortunately. So often you see directionless sides throwing the ball around and not going anywhere. Yesterday is a good example too, Eels struggled without Norman. It doesn't necessarily have to be the 7 though, Storm do it through Smith.

That's just how the Eels play, if anything they missed Nathan Brown more than anyone since they like to play off of his hard work.

What are you actually addressing this towards?

If you are going to insult people through memes at least quote the post.
It speaks for itself... there's no point arguing against that halfback not organising nonsense.

What are you, the caped crusader taking up the innocent and defenseless BHQ posters cause?

It speaks for itself... there's no point arguing against that halfback not organising nonsense.

What are you, the caped crusader taking up the innocent and defenseless BHQ posters cause?

No, I'm trying to have a discussion and have some clarity as to whether it was my post you were having a go at. Jerk.

Last edited:
Organising the play is also about identifying which part of the field you want to get and for what reason i.e. Play the ball on the left side for a right foot kicker, field goal set ups. A big component is also creating overlaps/disadvantages in the defending team by exploiting and more importantly creating defensive lapses by isolating defenders one on one, creating overlaps, etc.

There is also the fact that players will get fatigued and fall back on muscle memory rather than playing the game plan. That is where a game manager will identify and exploit defences or tell players what he wants and where they need to be to execute a kick, field goal, even when the kick will occur for the kick chase.

The game manager basically needs to be the onfield coach and also needs to be able to adapt to what's happening on the field if the game plan isn't working. It is a lot more than just running the play. It is why they say the great players are thinking 2-3 plays ahead

Brilliant post but not sure how u can sincerely argue teams don't need an on field general? Wondering if was a wind up. You can plan all you want pregame but every dynamic team situation needs a leader to facilitate and adapt the strategy and tactics to whatever is thrown at you. Too many individuals trying to do their own thing or leaders and u have chaos. None and you have the Tigers Friday night (admittedly not their biggest problem given their defence and Tedescos sudden Rooster related motivational hiatus.).

No, I'm trying to have a discussion and have some clarity as to whether it was my post you were having a go at, you jerk.
Paranoid much? You're not the only poster in this thread, so maybe you should tone in that chip, and we can return to the thread's topic.

P.S. I did quote your post earlier, and asked a question. You know, the one you chose not to answer...

Brilliant post but not sure how u can sincerely argue teams don't need an on field general? Wondering if was a wind up.
I was providing my interpretation of what I believe a game manager does and how important they are to a team... not sure where my argument against it is

Well put and I have learned something - thank you.

In past posts, this position has been discussed from the perspective of this game manager being the team's on-field leader, with the emphasis on leadersahip on the park (or lack of any coordinated leadership).

Seems to me we haven't had a game manager since Lockyer, and there is certainly nobody on the horizon with maybe the exception of Boyd which for mine, means he ought to be in the thick of things at 5/8

I was providing my interpretation of what I believe a game manager does and how important they are to a team... not sure where my argument against it is

Sorry referring to others saying a game manager doesn't matter as a bit unusual. Couldn't have put the argument u made better myself Bronsfan.

Sorry referring to others saying a game manager doesn't matter as a bit unusual. Couldn't have put the argument u made better myself Bronsfan.
Ahh all good mate my bad

Kodi was involved in all but one (right side tries). But you could argue his presence on the right created doubt in the defenders on the one try he wasn't directly involved in. As I said before; Kodi and Anthony can lead us to a premiership without a doubt. But Ben Hunt deserves his spot back. Unless we can get a really classy half that can lead the team around for next year Kodi will be starting and rightfully so. Do not doubt his ability to lead the team around. He can be quite vocal. I have to say that both Kodi and Anthony feel more comfortable talking when playing with each other. The thing I like about Kodi is his "always positive" attitude. It takes a lot to get his feathers ruffled.

Kodi was involved in all but one (right side tries). But you could argue his presence on the right created doubt in the defenders on the one try he wasn't directly involved in. As I said before; Kodi and Anthony can lead us to a premiership without a doubt. But Ben Hunt deserves his spot back. Unless we can get a really classy half that can lead the team around for next year Kodi will be starting and rightfully so. Do not doubt his ability to lead the team around. He can be quite vocal. I have to say that both Kodi and Anthony feel more comfortable talking when playing with each other. The thing I like about Kodi is his "always positive" attitude. It takes a lot to get his feathers ruffled.

Hunt stifles a bit with his communication/lack thereof. Gets pissy fairly easy. I've liked the positivity the last few weeks.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.