Round 11 Discussion

No one has commented on tigers grubby and illegal play so far. Douhei is handing out shoulder charges left right and centre, plus Russell packer should be put down or something; laughing at someone who is clearly not in a good state then pulls out a crusher tackle

No one has commented on tigers grubby and illegal play so far. Douhei is handing out shoulder charges left right and centre, plus Russell packer should be put down or something; laughing at someone who is clearly not in a good state then pulls out a crusher tackle
If it was Lodge they would be wanting him hanged

Headgear has limited benefit to head knocks and concussion. Prevention of glance damage like ears and stuff sure, but as a concussion prevention your only option is to play Touch.
Yeah, it’d be just for my benefit not so much his ha ha.

Have Parra been onside this entire season?
[automerge]1595503436[/automerge]
Another 6 to go for the league darlings.

Last edited:
He’s a joy to watch, no doubt. Sorry Turps, But I’d swap you in an absolute heartbeat.

Didn’t they both come through the storm system shadowing the methods of cam smith? Did turpin skip class or is it once again, bad coaching by us?

Didn’t they both come through the storm system shadowing the methods of cam smith? Did turpin skip class or is it once again, bad coaching by us?

I believe so, and I’m probably being unfair on turps as it would be nice to see him get a consistent run at 9, but Grant just seems to have something special already. Fucking Melbourne...

Think Turpin came through as a halfback... so really it's continuing the trend of us trying to turn halfbacks into hookers.
Berro
Macca (was a 7 in juniors)
BHunt
Turps (came to us as a hooker, but started out as a halfback)
Paix

Think Turpin came through as a halfback... so really it's continuing the trend of us trying to turn halfbacks into hookers.
Berro
Macca (was a 7 in juniors)
BHunt
Turps (came to us as a hooker, but started out as a halfback)
Paix

Turpin sucked at halfback for us last year. It seemed like he never played that position before ever.

Good game of footy.

This is the best I've seen the Eels play since the mid-00s. Nobody over-plays their hand, they all have trust in one another and know their roles perfectly. In Gutherson, Brown and Moses they have plenty of options in attack and the strike weapons out-wide to make the most of it. The forwards are laying a great platform and they're just winning all the contests.

Wests were very brave. After their fast start, it appeared the game was going to get ugly when Nofoaluma accidentally took out Douehi but they kept getting off their line and putting pressure on the Eels for the remainder of the second half. They never died wondering with the football after, with Marshall launching raid after raid, if it wasn't for the Eels defence and some poor execution on the last pass those efforts would have reflected in the scoreline.

I was impressed with Blore's debut. I thought he physically asserted himself well and I enjoyed his stouche with Nathan Brown. There were several little moments like that in the game, like Ferguson's freakish effort being cruelly denied by Davey's errant hand and the tit for tat with Moses Mbye.

With Wests, I have to wonder how much longer until we see the former Schoolboys halfback Jock Madden receive an opportunity. Luke Brooks is struggling and while Billy Walters is an honest player, it's difficult to see him as the future playmaker of the club. I'd have to imagine Maguire would be keen to give Madden an opportunity later in the season and give him an opportunity to play alongside Marshall and Grant.

Madge is doing a good job of putting the pieces together, my fear is that they may struggle to cope without Grant at 9.

Maybe we should turn Turpin into a halfback.

He did better than Croft..

Active Now

• Rah88
  • Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Jazza
  • jd87
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Tim K
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mister Wright
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.