Round 11 - Roosters vs Broncos

A few points from me. Coates doesn't look interested anymore. His mind is already down in Melbourne scoring 6 trys on the back of a Melbourne backline.

Asiata has to start at lock and has to play big minutes there. In a team lacking creativity and ball players he's the guy we always needed. Even if he comes on after 20 mins so he's not subject to the early crash and bash.

Gamble is no world beater but i just feel we've had more direction since he's been halfback. Our sets look a lot better constructed and we seem more organised with our set plays more crisp.

Does Mead still have genuine speed or are the roosters a really slow team? Finally well done kevvie on the game plan.

a lot of passion and effort out there tonight.....cant remember the last time we won in Sydney...

and now Melbourne.....ugh...

Still, our defensive line at times is seriously a worry. Roosters "could" have scored at least 2 other tries last night with better execution.

You can be damned sure the Storm will bring the necessary execution.

How does Staggs get back into this side? Does Kev take Gamble or Kelly out to bring him back? Surely Kev can say to him that right now, the best thing for the team is to keep the 6 & 7 in place and bring him back via right centre?

How did Radley avoid getting straight sent off?
I thought the same. 2 sin bins and a couple highshots. Same with Manu. They both should have been sent off. Disrespect for the rules both of them. Then lodge gets 10 in the bin for a relatively soft one.

a lot of passion and effort out there tonight.....cant remember the last time we won in Sydney...

Still, our defensive line at times is seriously a worry. Roosters "could" have scored at least 2 other tries last night with better execution.

How does Staggs get back into this side? Does Kev take Gamble or Kelly out to bring him back? Surely Kev can say to him that right now, the best thing for the team is to keep the 6 & 7 in place and bring him back via right centre?
Kelly surely put the final nail into Milford’s broncos coffin. He did so many little things that Milford never does, like following the play after passing and digging hard into the line.

With his coming back from injury I’d have him on the bench

With his coming back from injury I’d have him on the bench
Yeh probably right there...

I am being selfish here a bit though; i really want Staggs to play the rest of this season in the centres.

So now looking for excuses to make this happen!

Herbie and Staggs in the centres is something i really want to see sometime this year...

A few points from me. Coates doesn't look interested anymore. His mind is already down in Melbourne scoring 6 trys on the back of a Melbourne backline.

Asiata has to start at lock and has to play big minutes there. In a team lacking creativity and ball players he's the guy we always needed. Even if he comes on after 20 mins so he's not subject to the early crash and bash.

Gamble is no world beater but i just feel we've had more direction since he's been halfback. Our sets look a lot better constructed and we seem more organised with our set plays more crisp.

Does Mead still have genuine speed or are the roosters a really slow team? Finally well done kevvie on the game plan.

My concern with Asiata is he looks so lost in defence. Bumping into team mates, rolling around awkwardly, frantic reactions, and out of position. He doesn’t look comfortable defending at the current speed of the game. This might improve with some game time but it feels like it’s a matter of time before he has some (more) costly defensive lapses.

Sualii looked very average and Walker got bashed out of the game. Walker's going to need a full time bodyguard, because after tonight's performance sides are just going to run at him all game.
And so they should, also great to see a winger get in between one of those bridge balls, they usually are slow so timed right you get Meads result. Next we need to have a team put some real pressure on him in D. The true test of any player is how they go once they are worked out.

And so they should, also great to see a winger get in between one of those bridge balls, they usually are slow so timed right you get Meads result. Next we need to have a team put some real pressure on him in D. The true test of any player is how they go once they are worked out.

Yeah I couldn’t believe it’s taken this long and wily old Mead to intercept one of those. He times them beautifully but they float so slowly and you know he’s throwing them all game. I think teams will start to figure out tells for when they’re coming and he’ll cop a few more intercept tries before has to get more creative.

He'll play centre this year. Pretty sure they're reporting the 6 jersey was offered to him for 2022 onwards. Surely he's smart enough to know he'll need at least a full preseason training there before jumping into games as his regular position

It's funny, that first Radley sinbin was about the same as the Gamble sinbin the week before but because it happened against the Roosters, changes will now be made.

Unread

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.