Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Another 6 pointer would have had us at 7th.
While Bennetts bunnies go clear of the comp by 2 wins. Minor premiership is for them to lose from here.

We are every chance of top 4, just hope the coach does not change the team.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
They've been axed from Fox Sports I'm pretty sure, it's been Australian commentators every game, even at Mt Smart.
They used to get the feed from Sky Sports NZ. Now they just use their own commentators from their studio in Sydney. A cost cutting measure, I'm sure.

Player ratings for Broncos victory over the Warriors

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why you really don't need a 4 forward bench. 2 of our 3 bench forwards barely get any minutes already.

While Bennetts bunnies go clear of the comp by 2 wins. Minor premiership is for them to lose from here.

Top 4 is a stretch but the Top 8 is a real possibility when it looked impossible just three short weeks ago. There are three title contenders and the winner will be one of them. The other 13 teams lack consistency atm and the eventual top eight could be anything, they'll just be making up the numbers anyway. The Broncos will finish somewhere in the 7th-11th corridor.

They used to get the feed from Sky Sports NZ. Now they just use their own commentators from their studio in Sydney. A cost cutting measure, I'm sure.
I actually think their current setup would cost more. Fox Sports (Fox League) have really stepped up their game with coverage. I actually think the significant increase in quality of their coverage is the driving factor of average crowds.

I absolutely hate it at the game when a player gets injured, or theres a penalty or knock on or something, and instead of showing a replay on the big screen, they tell you which idiot won a raffle, or tell you not to run onto the field or some other crap.

The game day experience at Broncos games, and that of the away games I go to is pretty crap to be honest.

LOL we're ONE for and against point out of the 8. Where was your textbook junktime field goal Milf?

If the Dragons beat the Sharks by 6 or more we're in the 8.

Last edited:
Top 4 is a stretch but the Top 8 is a real possibility when it looked impossible just three short weeks ago. There are three title contenders and the winner will be one of them. The other 13 teams lack consistency atm and the eventual top eight could be anything, they'll just be making up the numbers anyway. The Broncos will finish somewhere in the 7th-11th corridor.

Eels, Knights and Raiders will fall away, the Sea Eagles will to, if their injuries stay as bad as they are.

I see us in the 4 - 8 range myself by seasons end if we keep improving as we have over the last month.

article removed

I'd say the ratings are mostly fair. Probably a bit generous to Boyd, Shibasaki and Isaako. I'd probably deduct 0.5 from each of theres.

Carrigan did try hard when he came on, I just personally don't think he offers much impact off the bench.

I really want to see Fifita play centre. It's our weakest position and I think he could be huge there. Defensively should be good for one on one tackles, and he is a big body. Would be great for dearden to be able to hand him the ball.
[automerge]1558790794[/automerge]
Eels, Knights and Raiders will fall away, the Sea Eagles will to, if their injuries stay as bad as they are.

I see us in the 4 - 8 range myself by seasons end if we keep improving as we have over the last month.
I don't think the Knights will. They should definitely be in the 8. Eels and Raiders I think will slide out. With only one of those two making the 8. Manly though, I think they could make the 8. THey have had some good wins without DCE and TommyT.

Easily our least impressive player. All I can remember of him is a sloppy error that put us under a heap of pressure
Yep i do think he has hot dogs for fingers. He has had a few handling errors in his first grade appearances.

However, it is hard call to make as he has been solid in defence, and they say defence wins games.

article removed
I think lodge may have been a bit dudded here, i thought he was at least an 8. I thought he was very strong tonight and made ground in sets when the rest of the team was struggling.

It was good to see deardon getting more involved in aattack this week, however i do wish that gillet would start running some lines into gaps for him (like he did last week but unfortunately dropped the ball) and some runners following him. At the moment when he runs he does not get much support so there is little threat to the defence. But it is only 4 weeks, those combinations will come

4th spot is wide open imo. I don't think the Knights are as good as their recent form suggests and the faders look like they're about to go on a run of losses without Hodgson.

Having a young squad might help us later in the season when the older bodies in other teams are severely banged up.

Another Turpin start, another win. Offensively/Defensively broncos are better with him then with Macca. He is the man to unlock our forwards and halves. If we haven't secured his services for the future, he is only growing in value.

I've got a huuuuuuge question mark on Isaako. His 2019 form just makes me nervous when he's around the ball. Train Roberts at wing?

Offensively we played as bad as some of our biggest losses with handling/exeuction, we just have leveled up massively as a team in defense in such a short short time.

Fabulous predictions if you're suffering from depression!

Once the Broncos are established in the eight they will either be second or third favourites. They can absolutely brain any team in this competition and as belief spreads throughout the team the results will reflect the new collective state of mind.

I recommend backing them for the premiership. It will be the first time in history that the youngest team in the NRL wins the premiership. There's no team they fear. They're too young to know fear!!!

I’ll just a few points that stood out to me.

- Turps tackling technique is beautiful. Gets low and puts his all into chopping players in half. Not to shit on Macca but I’ll take that over 50 soft tackles a game. Forced an error at one point and has left big men noticeably rattled a few times.

- Glenn was a stand out, especially early on when we were struggling to win the arm wrestle. Some great runs.

- Milf is really starting to hit some form. I don’t know if it’s just naturally starting to occur or if it’s influenced by Deardon or the new hookers but he is starting to really play like an elite half.

- although pretty uninspiring in attack, Shiba really seems to have been the missing piece in our right side defence. I wonder if turning Roberts into an Ado-Carr type winger is an option?

- Haas.

Last edited:
I’ll just a few points that stood out to me.

- Turps tackling technique is beautiful. Gets low and puts his all into chopping players in half. Not to shit on Macca but I’ll take that over 50 soft tackles a game. Forced an error at one point and has left big men noticeably rattled a few times.

- Glenn was a stand out, especially early on when we were struggling to win the arm wrestle. Some great runs.

- Milf is really starting to hit some form. I don’t know if it’s just naturally starting to occur or if it’s influenced by Deardon or the new hookers but he is starting to really play like an elite half.

- although pretty uninspiring in attack, Shiba really seems to have been the missing piece in our right side defence. I wonder if turning Roberts into an Ado-Carr type winger is an option?

- Haas.
I've been screaming for this type of approach from our smaller players for years. I argued that they should be hitting the big guys where they're most vulnerable but everyone told me that wrapping up the ball, stopping offloads was more important. I countered with my claim that a big guy heading for a faceplant is more often interested in self preservation and the added bonus was you were more likely to hurt a big guy that way.

Up high they are armour plated, heavily muscled and even with two or three hanging off them they surge onwards. A big guy running hard who suddenly loses his leg drive can be hurt way more easily. Turpin reminds me a lot of Alf and Jeff Robson who cut them down with regularity, at least his tackling reminds me of them.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • Culhwch
  • Morepudding
  • Alec
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Santa
  • Astro
  • Xzei
  • Gaz
  • winslow_wong
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.