Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Integrity and values sees us with no premierships and receiving **** all penalties.
Because Bennett wasn't around for six of those years. If he had of stayed on, the drought wouldn't be near as long, there may not have been any drought. I don't mind that the Broncos are looking to the future but Bellamy isn't the answer. His whole career is a falicy and they need to look elsewhere. JD, Kevie, Hodgo, Tugger Coleman etc are all better and cheaper options.

Hodges may be ready to step up when Bennet goes. That said it isn't a bad idea to do what kevie has done and some experience elsewhere before making the step up to full time nrl coach.
I personally prefer both Kevin Walters and Jason Demetriou as options as they both know the club intimately: it's strengths and weaknesses. They have been elsewhere and have worked with coaches of the highest quality.

Because Bennett wasn't around for six of those years. If he had of stayed on, the drought wouldn't be near as long, there may not have been any drought. I don't mind that the Broncos are looking to the future but Bellamy isn't the answer. His whole career is a falicy and they need to look elsewhere. JD, Kevie, Hodgo, Tugger Coleman etc are all better and cheaper options.

How are people that haven't had a head coach role in an NRL side better options than a two time premiership winning coach?

Hodges may be ready to step up when Bennet goes. That said it isn't a bad idea to do what kevie has done and some experience elsewhere before making the step up to full time nrl coach.
I personally prefer both Kevin Walters and Jason Demetriou as options as they both know the club intimately: it's strengths and weaknesses. They have been elsewhere and have worked with coaches of the highest quality.

So did Henjak.

To me, we need to replace Bennett with a proven head coach and then we groom someone to take over for Bellamy.

We should have done with Walters starting in 2015, but it didn't work out that way.

Coleman? Are you being funny?

He hasn't coached since 2003 and was sacked by Souths he won 17/54 games!

Get off the drugs. Some of them haven’t head coached one single NRL game, one of them hasn’t coached any team of note at ALL and one hasn’t coached NRL in 15 years, for good reason.

Compared to the most successful coach in the NRL over the last 15 years with over 400 games under his belt?

You don’t have to like Bellamy or his methods, but please don’t use dangerous drugs before posting. It doesn’t help your argument...

Last edited:
So did Henjak.

To me, we need to replace Bennett with a proven head coach and then we groom someone to take over for Bellamy.

We should have done with Walters starting in 2015, but it didn't work out that way.
Proven is a subjective term. Bellamy is proven. He has won titles with 3 of the greatest players of all time, but has he won as anything without them.
He coached against them and lost in origin.
Vautin took a team of underdogs to win an origin series. Would vautin have made an nrl coach? Who knows.
Bellamy has a system that works with the players he has. Come 2019, he may have had 1 season without them.
Whoever we choose will be a gamble. There are no certainties with coaching. Tim Sheen's was proven until he wasn't. Hasler was also proven. Manley brought through Trent Barret to replace his successor. Is Trent Barret proven?

Last edited by a moderator:
Get off the drugs. Some of them haven’t head coached one single NRL game, one of them hasn’t coached any team of note at ALL and one hasn’t coached NRL in 15 years, for good reason.

Compared to the most successful coach in the NRL over the last 15 years with over 400 games under his belt?

You don’t have to like Bellamy or his methods, but please don’t use dangerous drugs before posting. It doesn’t help your argument...
Well Tugger was obviously a joke but the lack of dangerous drugs in your system has robbed you of a sense of humour but at least you are being consistent.

The other guys are sound options, what they lack in experience, they make up for it in character and a love of the game. Again, for the hundreth time, Bellamy's record is irrelevant as it involved breaking the rules and every result since then is tainted. Even you should acknowledge that.

Back on topic, my apologies for derailing your interesting discussion on the pros and cons of Bellamy. I thought the parra prop Alvaro had a sensational game against us, and I see he is a former bronco. One of the better forwards on the field on Thursday night.

Back on topic, my apologies for derailing your interesting discussion on the pros and cons of Bellamy. I thought the parra prop Alvaro had a sensational game against us, and I see he is a former bronco. One of the better forwards on the field on Thursday night.
He was a bit of a late bloomer (props often are), but yeah, he reminds me of Hannant at his very best.

1. Boyd - His best performance of the year. Still not up to snuff for his price tag, but it's good to see he's progressing positively. It won't be enough to get him into Origin so I hope his improvement continues to send a message. 7
2. Oates - What a player. His kick returns are invaluable to the side and take so much pressure off the forwards. We must move heaven and earth to lock him up long term. Give him the biggest contract for a winger in the comp. 8
3. Roberts - His night was over early and he didn't show the sort of magic he did last week, but he's still one of the form centres in the comp. Give him even an inch of space and he'll put on a show. If Fittler snubs him for Origin, he's as dumb as he looks (lets hope he's as dumb as he looks.) 7
4. Kahu - A solid return after a long absence. A decent try assist for Oates and didn't seem to be too weak defensively from memory. I still don't think centre is his position but we'll have to make do to keep Isaako in the side. 6
5. Isaako - Another brilliant game to follow up last week. He is already proving deadly in attack so if he can continue to work on his defense, we could be seeing our best young prospect in the backs since Yow Yeh. 8
6. Milford - Hot and cold like a broken kettle, which seems to define Milf's performances in the 6 in recent times. Was dangerous as **** when running the ball unsurprisingly but when it comes to his kicking and management, it was not his best night. 5
7. Nikorima - I'm really starting to get fed up with this setup now. His pass to Su'A for the linebreak was pretty to watch but every other aspect of his game is diabolical, and is half the reason why Milf is struggling for consistency. Losing out on Taylor has proven to be a disaster for the club when it comes to the halves and we may pay for it at the pointy end. 4
8. Lodge - Comfortably his best game for us. Huge workload in the middle both in run metres and tackles. The criticism of him has long since dried up and its reflecting in his form. We should absolutely consider fighting for him when the hypocrites come knocking. 9
9. Macca - If he was hoping to make a statement for Origin he didn't do a very good job of it to be honest. His runs from dummy half are completely useless. In that department, Damian Cook he ain't. He really should just stick to what he's good at, defending and kicking 40/20's. 5
10. Thaiday - Here's hoping he's finally decided to pull the finger out. His best performances in what feels like forever. Didn't give away one stupid penalty all game and tackled hard for the duration. Keep it up. 7
11. TPJ - When a solid as **** performance is what many would call a "quiet night" for you then you know you've got the goods. Spent a lot of the game trying to back Milf up in defence which blunted his attacking brilliance somewhat. Lets hope he ***** up some scum in 2 weeks. 8
12. Su'A - Is really starting to establish himself in first grade now. Beautiful linebreak off Nikorima into a try assist for Jimmy, safe as houses in defence and even beginning to give Gillett something to think about. Great stuff for such a young guy. 8
13. Joe O - My only complaint about him early on was his consistency which he seems to have turned a corner on. Again I think the Origin talk is a bit premature but the fact that he's in the conversation at all is a credit to him. Lets hope he keeps it up so Wayne's hand is forced on McGuire at prop. 7

14. Taga - Pretty much a no frills bench prop performance, which I guess is exactly what we signed him for. As long as he's not giving away dumb penalties or simple errors, he's fine in my book. 6
15. Fai - Not that impressed to be honest. His physique isn't the greatest and didn't have much real impact off the bench. Has stop gap written all over him until our injured forwards return. 3
16. Staggs - Limited minutes meant he didn't get a chance to stand out like last week, but still he was solid as **** coming on for Jet. His utility value on the bench is making itself known in a big way real early. 7
17. Mago - Carbon copy of last week really, I can hardly remember him being out there, but again no stupid penalties or errors which for a greenhorn is all that really matters. 5

1. Boyd - His best performance of the year. Still not up to snuff for his price tag, but it's good to see he's progressing positively. It won't be enough to get him into Origin so I hope his improvement continues to send a message. 7
2. Oates - What a player. His kick returns are invaluable to the side and take so much pressure off the forwards. We must move heaven and earth to lock him up long term. Give him the biggest contract for a winger in the comp. 8
3. Roberts - His night was over early and he didn't show the sort of magic he did last week, but he's still one of the form centres in the comp. Give him even an inch of space and he'll put on a show. If Fittler snubs him for Origin, he's as dumb as he looks (lets hope he's as dumb as he looks.) 7
4. Kahu - A solid return after a long absence. A decent try assist for Oates and didn't seem to be too weak defensively from memory. I still don't think centre is his position but we'll have to make do to keep Isaako in the side. 6
5. Isaako - Another brilliant game to follow up last week. He is already proving deadly in attack so if he can continue to work on his defense, we could be seeing our best young prospect in the backs since Yow Yeh. 8
6. Milford - Hot and cold like a broken kettle, which seems to define Milf's performances in the 6 in recent times. Was dangerous as **** when running the ball unsurprisingly but when it comes to his kicking and management, it was not his best night. 5
7. Nikorima - I'm really starting to get fed up with this setup now. His pass to Su'A for the linebreak was pretty to watch but every other aspect of his game is diabolical, and is half the reason why Milf is struggling for consistency. Losing out on Taylor has proven to be a disaster for the club when it comes to the halves and we may pay for it at the pointy end. 4
8. Lodge - Comfortably his best game for us. Huge workload in the middle both in run metres and tackles. The criticism of him has long since dried up and its reflecting in his form. We should absolutely consider fighting for him when the hypocrites come knocking. 9
9. Macca - If he was hoping to make a statement for Origin he didn't do a very good job of it to be honest. His runs from dummy half are completely useless. In that department, Damian Cook he ain't. He really should just stick to what he's good at, defending and kicking 40/20's. 5
10. Thaiday - Here's hoping he's finally decided to pull the finger out. His best performances in what feels like forever. Didn't give away one stupid penalty all game and tackled hard for the duration. Keep it up. 7
11. TPJ - When a solid as **** performance is what many would call a "quiet night" for you then you know you've got the goods. Spent a lot of the game trying to back Milf up in defence which blunted his attacking brilliance somewhat. Lets hope he ***** up some scum in 2 weeks. 8
12. Su'A - Is really starting to establish himself in first grade now. Beautiful linebreak off Nikorima into a try assist for Jimmy, safe as houses in defence and even beginning to give Gillett something to think about. Great stuff for such a young guy. 8
13. Joe O - My only complaint about him early on was his consistency which he seems to have turned a corner on. Again I think the Origin talk is a bit premature but the fact that he's in the conversation at all is a credit to him. Lets hope he keeps it up so Wayne's hand is forced on McGuire at prop. 7

14. Taga - Pretty much a no frills bench prop performance, which I guess is exactly what we signed him for. As long as he's not giving away dumb penalties or simple errors, he's fine in my book. 6
15. Fai - Not that impressed to be honest. His physique isn't the greatest and didn't have much real impact off the bench. Has stop gap written all over him until our injured forwards return. 3
16. Staggs - Limited minutes meant he didn't get a chance to stand out like last week, but still he was solid as **** coming on for Jet. His utility value on the bench is making itself known in a big way real early. 7
17. Mago - Carbon copy of last week really, I can hardly remember him being out there, but again no stupid penalties or errors which for a greenhorn is all that really matters. 5
Very good synopsis. I think you now rank above Sproj as far as these recaps go. He insists on giving Knik a 10 week after week.

Can’t really argue too much, only to say that I thought Mago was better than good off the bench.

Sure, he didn’t do anything amazing, but I was really quite impressed with his defence in particular. At a time when we needed someone to maintain the solid efforts in the middle, he didn’t let us down.

If we can keep giving him time to build into it, he could be a real asset late in the year.

Also, I’d love to see Boyd picked for Origin which really would be a double win for us. We keep Oates and can give Isaako a go at the back.

But honestly, on form Boyd shouldn’t be anywhere near the Origin team.

Can’t really argue too much, only to say that I thought Mago was better than good off the bench.

Sure, he didn’t do anything amazing, but I was really quite impressed with his defence in particular. At a time when we needed someone to maintain the solid efforts in the middle, he didn’t let us down.

If we can keep giving him time to build into it, he could be a real asset late in the year.

Also, I’d love to see Boyd picked for Origin which really would be a double win for us. We keep Oates and can give Isaako a go at the back.

But honestly, on form Boyd shouldn’t be anywhere near the Origin team.
Sometimes it upsets me to hear criticism I feel unwarranted but often the critical ones have a kernel of truth in those observations. Although Qlders have often been ordinary in club world yet they lift for their state. Boyd would no doubt do that again because he is a classy player and I think I too would like to see Isaako given a chance at fullback. I'd also like to see Milf at half and Boyd come up to 5/8. On the ratings I think the talented Staggs gets a 7 based on last weeks performance and not this weeks. He did his job and I thought like Taga, a 6 would be more fitting.

Yeah 28 games for NYC in 2011-2012.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Brocko
  • BroncosMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • thenry
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.