PRE-GAME Round 12 - Broncos vs Sharks

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Ben Barba would be a nice cheap fullback for Brisbane, while V'landys is making up rules to allow people to play NRL atm
The guy is the wrong side of 30 and has been out of the game too long. Not worth the drama or waiting for him to get match fit, mark as do not touch.

Last edited:
Sorry, it takes a lot for me to care but I’m morally against that. **** Ben Barba.
Fair enough. I don't even recall what he did tbh
[automerge]1596099029[/automerge]
The guy is the wrong side of 30 and has been out of the game too long. Not worth the drama or waiting for him to get match fit, mark as do not touch.
Could he be any worse for this year, than the Coach picks for FB in the last 2?

Last edited:
Great that we don't need to watch that shit running around for 80 minutes tomorrow night. I'm talking about the putrid jersey!!!

We'll be wearing a smoking hot Indigenous one so I'm putting us down as hot favourites to perform like men possessed and knock over the sharkies.

Beauty isnt it....

Mind you; id happily accept this jersey as our full time kit...

Fair enough. I don't even recall what he did tbh
[automerge]1596099029[/automerge]

Could he be any worse for this year, than the Coach picks for FB in the last 2?

Didn’t even get through the pre-season without a public DV incident at the Cows that couldn’t be hushed up, prior to last season.

Plus he is now going through Court in Mackay for assaulting someone at a pub. No NRL or QRL Cup club would touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Last edited:
Didn’t even get through the pre-season without a public DV incident at the Cows that couldn’t be hushed up, prior to last season.

Plus he is now going through Court in Mackay for assaulting someone at a pub. No NRL or QRL Cup club would touch him with a 10 foot pole.

I think he’s playing soccer or AFL locally up there. One of the two

Last edited:
I think he’s playing soccer or AFL locally up there. One of the two
Saw some footage of him running around at a social AFL game, the other night.

Last edited:
The media tried to hype it up but he was kicking goals against 60 year old men who are just down at the park for some sun and exercise.

Great that we don't need to watch that shit running around for 80 minutes tomorrow night. I'm talking about the putrid jersey!!!

We'll be wearing a smoking hot Indigenous one so I'm putting us down as hot favourites to perform like men possessed and knock over the sharkies.
It's a good looking jersey... hopefully they do it proud !!

Is this 'confidence session' just the optional captain's run that the players started before the dogs game??

The players decide what they want to do as part of their prep work for the game... Glenn chose to do more ice baths or sauna sessions because he was going into games underdone from the training and wanted a bit more recovery.

I believe their high intensity session is two days before the game, so yesterday... I'm not sure what captain's runs typically entail, but I thought it was a reasonably light session with the starting 13/17 players for the game on the next day?

I don't think whoever tweeted it provided enough context... just decided to throw some quotes around whatever the coach called the session and picked out some things, but if it's just representative of a light session leading into the game then it may not be the worst thing

Last edited:
Can someone seriously fill me in on what a 'confidence session' is?

You're telling me in our last training session of the week, amidst the darkest days of our club's history, with the careers of our coach and some players on the line... we collectively think the best use of our time as a team is to let our front rowers take shots at goal?

What a great "innovative" idea! I hope the boys are all relaxed after such an entertaining affair. I hope they're all in good spirits and having fun! FOH. Have fun by competing and winning, use the time to work on our defensive structures which are an absolute shambles.

If this is the sort of rubbish the coach is trying to implement then no wonder players don't want to play for him. Perhaps some young players (Eg: Carrigan) are just so eager to please that they'll try to take it seriously. Perhaps other young players don't know any better and think this sort of thing is acceptable?

I'm literally shocked and speechless. No wonder we can't win a damn thing... Whoever is responsible for this sort of rubbish needs to be booted YESTERDAY.

Just a new name for captain's run- quick walk through of plays and then silly games so I feel good.

Just a new name for captain's run- quick walk through of plays and then silly games so I feel good.
It seems to be more along the lines of what happens in origin... where the captain's run is pretty light to keep the players fresh (although most training sessions leading up to origin seem to be light) or is it just a pretty standard setup for a captain's run?

It makes sense to me that you would have a lighter session leading into the game instead of flogging them all the way up to game time and wondering why everyone looks spent on the field.

It will be interesting to see how they start tomorrow night, because I feel since the dogs game we have been starting better... although it is a very small sample and does include the shit show that was the tigers, but I feel whenever we have travelled since covid we have struggled to get out of 2nd gear and appear to be mostly going through the motions (knights, warriors, manly and tigers).

I'm guessing this is due to the revised travelling requirements and our young squad not being equipped to prep themselves for hours of travel on game day followed by hours of travel home.

Last edited:
It seems to be more along the lines of what happens in origin... where the captain's run is pretty light to keep the players fresh (although most training sessions leading up to origin seem to be light) or is it just a pretty standard setup for a captain's run?

It makes sense to me that you would have a lighter session leading into the game instead of flogging them all the way up to game time and wondering why everyone looks spent on the field.

It will be interesting to see how they start tomorrow night, because I feel since the dogs game we have been starting better... although it is a very small sample and does include the shit show that was the tigers, but I feel whenever we have travelled since covid we have struggled to get out of 2nd gear and appear to be mostly going through the motions (knights, warriors, manly and tigers).

I'm guessing this is due to the revised travelling requirements and our young squad not being equipped to prep themselves for hours of travel on game day followed by hours of travel home.

Few different ideas, I would have thought a few teams might have taken on the Walker strategy of training on game day. They do their last session three hours before kick off so players get up and moving and aren't sitting around doing nothing which given they're sitting around doing not much from 12 on game day this might be worth a shout.

Garth Brennan tried this sort of stuff with the Titans in his last year hoping for a miracle. Dark days for sure.
It's a supplement to the juggling and high wire training.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.