Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Yup, it hurt. I think this is our team - with Lodge when he's good and Paix in place of Luke (who I thought was terrible tonight, dropped off so many tackles and didn't offer much in attack)
Yep... I didn't realise until just before the game, but Isaac is just not suited to being a bench hooker.

The bench hooker needs to bring pace and put a fatiguing defence under pressure and he just can't do that anymore.

Isaac was needed whilst Turps was out to help Paix out, but the defence dropped off and the passing from dummy half was much more limited.

Turps was firing wide passes all night and throwing the sharks middle defence out... there was finally some confusion in the opposition's defence instead of them being able to line up our forwards.

When Isaac came on everything became simplified and reduced to a snail's pace.

I think Paix comes back in next week... he's now had a week off and will be only be required to play 20mins off the bench for the rest of the year, but he brings speed out of dummy half and provides some good service so there shouldn't be as big a drop off when Turps comes from the field

Its hard to be too critical of Haas, but for a bloke his size he does lack physicality.
His defence in this game was pretty sloppy. but I guess thats expected when your a 80 min prop, I would experiment with a 2nd row swap with TPJ and see how that works though.
[automerge]1596199719[/automerge]
How? Sydney teams aren't allowed in Qld or wA
how do you think the Sharks played then.

Last edited:
Its hard to be too critical of Haas, but for a bloke his size he does lack physicality.
I'm slowly coming around to this fact the last couple of weeks.

Maybe he's just playing more conservatively knowing the team is going nowhere in terms of results this year. Why bust your gut when the result doesn't change. Not saying it's right but just a thought.

I think for our middle three to work we need a high impact prop who hits to hurt. carrigan and haas are workhorses but we definitely need a balls out high tempo 35/40 min prop.

His defence in this game was pretty sloppy. but I guess thats expected when your a 80 min prop, I would experiment with a 2nd row swap with TPJ and see how that works though.
He absolutely has the mobility to play in the second row - he beats players to the ball many times when he really shouldn't for a bloke his size. Might be a good change for him too, play in 2nd Row for half the game, sure he'd love taking hit-ups getting to squash halfbacks.

Whats the benefit of playing someone who won’t be in this side moving forward?
We aren’t going to make the 8, nothing Seibold can do now will save his job.
We are in a good position to trial players and combinations for 2021.
2020 is done, cooked, fried and fucked.
Sharks played Bird even though he signed with us... they then sent him to us with a season ending injury and he proceed to play 17 games over 3 years now he's looking to head back to Shitney as a serious contender for worst signing in broncos history.... What harm is there trying to do the same to the titans...

I dont think that helps him at all. I just dont think anyone has got hold of him and tried to teach him how to do it. Probably because we lack a tough, experience forward for him to learn from.
100% mate, exactly what it is. it’s not like he can’t, I mean he’s no gilly, Radley or sbw who have the timing but if we could get Carroll in his ear or one of the old boys it would do wonders.

Nrl.com indicating milford made 3 tackles, but missed 5. That does not read well, and doesnt include misreads and failure to communicate with outside defenders.

Our team is not the fittest and get flustered under pressure, any decent half would know to kick for touch for a breather and slow the opposition's momentum.

Haas probably grew up trying not to hurt the smaller kid, he doesn’t have mongrel and probably never will but he will always be solid and reliable, but if he ever discovers his FU side he would be unstoppable and be on $1.3

Nrl.com indicating milford made 3 tackles, but missed 5. That does not read well, and doesnt include misreads and failure to communicate with outside defenders.

Our team is not the fittest and get flustered under pressure, any decent half would know to kick for touch for a breather and slow the opposition's momentum.

Those stats can’t be right surely.

He absolutely has the mobility to play in the second row - he beats players to the ball many times when he really shouldn't for a bloke his size. Might be a good change for him too, play in 2nd Row for half the game, sure he'd love taking hit-ups getting to squash halfbacks.
Is haas any bigger then Kikau?

[automerge]1596199719[/automerge]

how do you think the Sharks played then.
Well, I was under the impression the ban starts Saturday night but hey, what do I know. I do know WA is mighty tough to get in to. I'm thinking covids going to stop the nation soon. Anyway, I hope for our sakes the season is declared null and void.

Is haas any bigger then Kikau?
According to their stats they are almost identical, but Haas seems broader... Kikau also has 5 years on him so it's likely Haas will end up slightly bigger.

Yep... I didn't realise until just before the game, but Isaac is just not suited to being a bench hooker.

The bench hooker needs to bring pace and put a fatiguing defence under pressure and he just can't do that anymore.

Isaac was needed whilst Turps was out to help Paix out, but the defence dropped off and the passing from dummy half was much more limited.

Turps was firing wide passes all night and throwing the sharks middle defence out... there was finally some confusion in the opposition's defence instead of them being able to line up our forwards.

When Isaac came on everything became simplified and reduced to a snail's pace.

I think Paix comes back in next week... he's now had a week off and will be only be required to play 20mins off the bench for the rest of the year, but he brings speed out of dummy half and provides some good service so there shouldn't be as big a drop off when Turps comes from the field

Totally agree with you about Luke and Paix. As for Turpin, yes, his passing from the ground at dummy half is good. However, he just has nowhere near enough of a running game where he passes at the defensive line, like Grant does consistently.

Turpin is a solid hooker. He plays like his stated mentor - Macca. His energy is infectious which we need, and his defence is great, however I want to see so much more from him to justifies his reputation on here.

Paix and Turpin ought to be our dummy half bench rotation.

Well, I was under the impression the ban starts Saturday night but hey, what do I know. I do know WA is mighty tough to get in to. I'm thinking covids going to stop the nation soon. Anyway, I hope for our sakes the season is declared null and void.
That is until Palmer the hutt forces us to reopen....

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Inknition
  • something
  • LittleDavey
  • broncsgoat
  • DrGee
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Maroon4life
  • Bish
  • Pablo
  • Santa
  • levikaden
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • Broncosgirl
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.