Round 12 - Broncos vs Storm

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019

If you feel like ruining your day. The worst moment for me is still Milford’s efforts right before half time. His effort to try and run away from responsibility. At about the 2min 45sec mark.

The pass at 2:25 had me seeing red and i literally yelled at my poor innocent TV.
And his back turned to Turpin was a wtf moment as well.

Get this bloke out of the team asap, that mentality would be poisonous to any side he played in, first grade or not.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
@rnabokov, I’m not trying to antagonise or in any way be funny. Nor am I looking for a debate or argument.

But as one of Milfords only remaining supporters, I’m genuinely interested in what you thought of his performance last night / this season.

Do you think a lot of other posters and media pundits are being unreasonable in their criticisms of him, or is his time at Red Hill all but over?

If you’ve already remarked on this, apologies, I haven’t seen it.

Milf played poorly. For mine, his worst game ever. I was actually surprised at how bad his game was. Thing is though, his passing game was just so awful I couldn't believe it - passing to no one? I mean, that is not bad play in the sense of lack of skill or effort, it is more the play of someone so completely bereft of confidence it borders on pathological. I am genuinely perplexed by it.

At one point I was actually wondering if he expected players to be there for those passes that went into vacant space, but still, he ought to have had enough focus to adapt and at least run the ball.

To simply say he was trash, or lazy or whatever expletive one chooses may accurately describe his performance but it explains nothing, which is what concerns me: why is a player of such talent and experience playing so badly.

Barring miracles, I think his time here is over other than filling in for injuries. I reckon Matty Johns described this debacle accurately, and for mine, "as one of Milfords only remaining supporters" I feel the club has fucked up and fucked him over by failing to recruit a decent halfback, and also expecting Milf to be someone he simply isn't. He has along with a few others, been carrying the can for the club's shitty recruitment and retention, and coaching in general. Nevertheless, he is playing poorly and his career here ought to be finished. It's bad for him, the team and us here.

As an aside, the halves merry-go-round is for mine, the real reason why the team is playing all over the shop. Hopefully Gamble and Kelly will continue their combination that worked surprisingly well last week. Having said that, neither are the quality we need. Neither cut it at this level. I can't wait for Reynolds, and who is picked for 5/8.

Last night also showed me just how much we rely on Lodge and I cannot fathom why the **** we are letting him go. His recent efforts have lifted the team and we felt his absence last night.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Milf played poorly. For mine, his worst game ever. I was actually surprised at how bad his game was. Thing is though, his passing game was just so awful I couldn't believe it - passing to no one? I mean, that is not bad play in the sense of lack of skill or effort, it is more the play of someone so completely bereft of confidence it borders on pathological. I am genuinely perplexed by it.

At one point I was actually wondering if he expected players to be there for those passes that went into vacant space, but still, he ought to have had enough focus to adapt and at least run the ball.

To simply say he was trash, or lazy or whatever expletive one chooses may accurately describe his performance but it explains nothing, which is what concerns me: why is a player of such talent and experience playing so badly.

Barring miracles, I think his time here is over other than filling in for injuries. I reckon Matty Johns described this debacle accurately, and for mine, "as one of Milfords only remaining supporters" I feel the club has fucked up and fucked him over by failing to recruit a decent halfback, and also expecting Milf to be someone he simply isn't. He has along with a few others, been carrying the can for the club's shitty recruitment and retention, and coaching in general. Nevertheless, he is playing poorly and his career here ought to be finished. It's bad for him, the team and us here.

As an aside, the halves merry-go-round is for mine, the real reason why the team is playing all over the shop. Hopefully Gamble and Kelly will continue their combination that worked surprisingly well last week. Having said that, neither are the quality we need. Neither cut it at this level. I can't wait for Reynolds, and who is picked for 5/8.

Last night also showed me just how much we rely on Lodge and I cannot fathom why the **** we are letting him go. His recent efforts have lifted the team and we felt his absence last night.
Agree with a lot of what you said and can perhaps understand where you are coming from in the parts I don’t, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Always enjoy my conversations with you
Peter Rabbit Aww GIF by Sky

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Milf has mentally checked out. This is not the type of person who has the intellectual and emotional ability to prove doubters wrong each time he gets brought back into the side.

Honestly, we have gone too many times to the Milf well; it has been empty for a while now. A parting of the ways is essential, and he has no right to wear the jersey again...

TPJ for Origin i was never in favour off. This comes into the debate of tier 2 international players and origin eligibility. I think Tevita is best served to continue to refine and improve his game, both on and off the field with us without the disruption of NSW honours.

He is our key strike forward, does that mean he is automatically a natural leader of men?

Nope.

Same with Lodge. Both club and player want this mutually beneficial parting of the ways. Maybe Smoking Joe can confirm but im prepared to say the removal of Milf & Lodge is the last of the so-called "cancers" within the playing group.

This is/was Kevs mandate. He aint here to make us premiership winners....

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
NRLs made their statement with the bans
TV execs have told them no more suspensions to star players this week for origin now

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
TPJ and the miracle pass ...
I think he should go practice his throw the ball out randomly in tackles offload style to another club . Along with his piss poor tackling .
I just think TPJ was trying too hard to spark something after we fell behind, I can't blame him too much for that.

If You think TPJ needs to go to another club you need your head checked.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Milford was bad, but who cares, he can't be used as an excuse for the rest of the faults. The team is simply incapable of stringing performances together. The pack got completely outgunned this week, whereas they were all firing against the Roosters. I know Lodge was missing and Haas picked up an injury later, but they are still just incapable of lifting two weeks in a row at this moment.
Mr Robati was probably the only one who stood out and he was on debut.

Finally an honest appraisal.....

Yes, that was about as bad a game as I have seen Milford play.......those mis-fired passes, FMD! Its like he's become devoid of all foot-balling ability completely. I can see the frustration in his face..... that fact that he simply can't play at an eltite level anymore is killing him I reckon, because unlike most on here, I do believe he gives a ****. What he can do about it .....I don't even think he knows. Time I guess is the answer.....for him to have a chance of rediscovering what it is he loves doing......has to be at another club. I think he's regressed too far to ever be able to make it up to us.

Did he on his own lose it for us....not a chance. In fact a couple things he was getting right were keeping us in the game.

There were so many more out on the field last night that were as equally responsible for the scorline as Milford was......who seemed to get a pass, from all & sundry.

"But at least TPJ was trying" say some. FMD.....the **** was a loose cannon last night. His stupidity alone cost us 3 tries against.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014

If you feel like ruining your day. The worst moment for me is still Milford’s efforts right before half time. His effort to try and run away from responsibility. At about the 2min 45sec mark.

Yeah that had me fuming also, that type of BS is just unacceptable.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Milford was definitely the catalyst for the damage done, He wasn't in the game mentally at all, and once his mistakes led to our downfall we had certain players trying too hard to spark us back in it increasing the frustration and crappy play.

Blaming players for the crap plays after the game was already lost on us is not the same thing as at the start when the team was still in the fight.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Yes, that was about as bad a game as I have seen Milford play.......those mis-fired passes, FMD! Its like he's become devoid of all foot-balling ability completely. I can see the frustration in his face..... that fact that he simply can't play at an eltite level anymore is killing him I reckon, because unlike most on here, I do believe he gives a ****. What he can do about it .....I don't even think he knows. Time I guess is the answer.....for him to have a chance of rediscovering what it is he loves doing......has to be at another club. I think he's regressed too far to ever be able to make it up to us.

Did he on his own lose it for us....not a chance. In fact a couple things he was getting right were keeping us in the game.

There were so many more out on the field last night that were as equally responsible for the scorline as Milford was......who seemed to get a pass, from all & sundry.

"But at least TPJ was trying" say some. FMD.....the **** was a loose cannon last night. His stupidity alone cost us 3 tries against.
Yes, but TPJ has been one of our best this season and most of his brain snaps occur when we are under the pump. He definitely needs to get that aspect out of his game but he does it fair less when the team has direction which isn’t his job.

I’d love to know what Milf did to “keep us in the game” apart from that 1 grubber which was the single decent thing he did out of about 10 sets in the oppositions 20m.

Kev needs to be honest with him and tell him he’s not in our plans next year. If we can get a club to sign him now for even $150k this year, that coin could be the difference in a decent signing whether this year or next.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014

TPJ was rotten last night, there is no doubting it. There are a few blokes who put us under pressure the most, out of all them TPJ has been actually one of our best this year hence why he gets a pass.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I disagree, we are the broncos and we aim to win. That was a winnable game even 30 mins in. Kelly and Milford lost us it
I agree with this, the succubus took another victim.

In all seriousness I think Kelly was concussed after the kickoff, I haven't rewatched it yet but live he seemed to cop some elbows, I was sure Kafusi did the same tackle he was suspended for.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • pennywisealfie
  • Financeguy
  • MrMoore
  • Scorchie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.