Status
Not open for further replies.
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What's that magic word? Utility?

In any case, I am seriously worried about Mateo's return to form, and I'll bet anything that, if we give them any room, Mateo, Johnson and Locke are going to shred us

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
It's the warriors, they'll be lucky to beat us at all.

P

PETERN

QCup Player
Nov 2, 2009
Granville wasn't named in the side...don't know why he is even being spoken about.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
EDIT: Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Is that because someone is carrying an injury and is in doubt? Is Prince still not 100%? That's the only reason I can see Granville being named 18th. Prince is still injured and can't play, Hunt goes back into the halves and Granville on the bench to cover for Macca.

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
That's a different thing from having both on the bench as BM suggested...

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Yep, hence my EDIT: Baiting. Prince must still be in doubt with his injury for Granville to be 18th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Yay Kemp made the side :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Looking at that pic of Kemp, I feel like Francis Ford Capolla on the set of Apocalypse Now. You sit there expecting a buff Green Beret Marlon Brando, and you get a bald fatso Brando instead. But hopefully we'll make it work just like he did, cause Brando was the highlight of that movie.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It's the warriors, they'll be lucky to beat us at all.

Like I posted before - depends which Broncos and Warriors outfits turn up.

IMO, the Warriors on paper have the team to beat any side in this comp. Beat them easily - if they turn up to play like they did last week when they flogged the Kniggots.

Like Mateo. He played the full 80 minutes and made 26 runs for 228 metres, including one line-break. That's not bad for a back rower, huh? How many of our forwards run that many metres?

Let's see who turns up to play real footie or touch

Last edited:
hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
For the most part, I like the makeup of the side this week, sure there is no Hannant, Sammy or Gillo but u never know which version of these guys are going to turn up with each of them being guilty of inconsistency. At least with the likes of Slyney, Lui and J Wallace etc, they are all hungry for a regular first grade paycheck and I think it might show on Mon nite. They are all trying to impress and I am confident that they will.

Say what u want about Princey but the halves look more lethal with him there, Kahu and Hoffman in the centres could be devastating, Josh has grown an extra leg since relinquishing the FB role and has turned into a major try scoring threat. And like many on here, I am a big Kempy fan, I guess he is best remembered for his last second try vs Parra but his individual try vs Melb in the 2008 GFQ is definitely my fave, it is incredible that he has only scored 2 (maybe 3) NRL tries since then. He has a permanent spot if he earns it and possibly an extension of his career beyond this season.

Dissapointed that Granville probably won't get a run, I hope Hook isn't judging him on his paltry 10 min stint in the last game, this guy is a NRL player and if Hook isn't interested, there are many other NRL teams that will be. I realize there are many Ben Hunt fans on here but I am not one of them, re-signing him was a waste of the salary cap IMO and I just don't see him ever forging a successful career.

The bookies, analysts and fans all have the Warriors as slight favorites but I am tipping a Bronco victory by 10+ points, I think they may surprise a few people, I am anticipating that we Bronco fans will be doing cartwheels at about 8.40 PM on Monday.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Like I posted before - depends which Broncos and Warriors outfits turn up.

IMO, the Warriors on paper have the team to beat any side in this comp. Beat them easily - if they turn up to play like they did last week when they flogged the Kniggots.

Like Mateo. He played the full 80 minutes and made 26 runs for 228 metres, including one line-break. That's not bad for a back rower, huh? How many of our forwards run that many metres?

Let's see who turns up to play real footie or touch

Are you suggesting Mateo is better then all of our forwards including the ones missing?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Are you suggesting Mateo is better then all of our forwards including the ones missing?

Better is too complicated. On his day, he is as effective as any back rower and capable of destroying a defence. His offloading is rather special and if he is allowed to play his natural game against us, he will give us a very hard time

You could say that of Gillett and Glenn but then we haven't got the game plan to use them to their full potential

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Our forwards are definitely lacking, their form this year has been all over the place. It's no coincidence that our form as a team has been all over the place as well. I really hope McGuire is fully fit and has no niggling injuries and starts to get back to his best form. He's had a quiet year that's for sure. Maybe with all this rest he won't burn out at the end of the year (same with Hannant). We could see them pull their best out for the end of the year. If they do and we really start to get a roll on and with Kemp getting a permanent position we could win the premiership :P

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I've tipped us but with no real conviction :(

I'm looking forward to seeing how the young guys shape up though.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I'm just interested in seeing how Kemp goes to be honest :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Ondi
  • Culhwch
  • Robboi_321
  • Bucking Beads
  • OXY-351
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.