Round 12 - Broncos vs. Warriors - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Lui at lock, Kemp starting. Could things get any worse?

M

Mt Smart

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2011
Meanwhile Bulldogs and Manly contributed 1 player each. I dunno how they keep getting away with it. Maybe we need more Kiwi bros.
Could work unless you pick the really good ones.
Then it's a moot point , you'll lose them through suspension in the lead up to test matches.

Should be a good game , both clubs are having rocky season ( I'd trade ours for yours thanks )
Kemp and Fisiahi will be an interesting mark up , battle of the skinnies , Kemps not to well liked here ( unlike other Bronco's that are hated but well respected )
Lots to play for ( mostly negatively geared ) should be plenty of passion even if the respective teams are player depleted Vs out of form.

Would you guys say that Griffin is a Worse coach than Elliot ?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Could work unless you pick the really good ones.
Then it's a moot point , you'll lose them through suspension in the lead up to test matches.

Should be a good game , both clubs are having rocky season ( I'd trade ours for yours thanks )
Kemp and Fisiahi will be an interesting mark up , battle of the skinnies , Kemps not to well liked here ( unlike other Bronco's that are hated but well respected )
Lots to play for ( mostly negatively geared ) should be plenty of passion even if the respective teams are player depleted Vs out of form.

Would you guys say that Griffin is a Worse coach than Elliot ?

No, people can say what they want about griffin but he is better than Elliott IMO

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Surprised Brendan Gibb isn't in the side. He is a really good performer in QLD cup from what I have seen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Gibb get a run in the top side last year and did pretty well?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Gibb get a run in the top side last year and did pretty well?

I'm not sure but whenever it was that he played top grade for us I was pretty impressed by him.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I thought Gibb played well for us in a beaten side off the bench against the Sharks but otherwise he was fairly underdone (made his debut after just recovering from injury) and he seemed to struggle with the pace of a game for a bit. Mind you, he was being played up the middle when he's a fringe runner.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not sure but whenever it was that he played top grade for us I was pretty impressed by him.

Yes, I was too, IMO a real prospect, bearing in mind Pete's caveats. At the same time, I like the way Wallace has played so far as well.

Hoffa on Hurrell will be interesting. And so good to see Kempy.

I like the side and reckon we'll do better than many expect and also, people will ask themselves which particular version of each team will turn up to play.

Go Dynamic Dunamis !

Last edited:
M

Mt Smart

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2011
No, but then that's like asking if you'd prefer AIDS to cancer.
Yeah I was just curious as to how crap you lot thought Griffin was.
Pretty Crap it seems. We'll be looking for a new coach eventually , you dump yours we'd sign him up.
btw Hurrell was sent down to the NSW because of terrible unforced errors and defensive issues.

In the NSW cup he has been worse. Still running all over the top of people , but we're getting sick of the Bully boy big body types here that can't catch a football.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Assuming the Worriers don't play like rubbish, we'll need McGuire to start hitting his 2011 form once again. Otherwise we'll just easily get out muscled, like against the Doggies...and that was almost at full strength. It's a good chance of McGuire to do it, hit top form and be a chance for Origin 2.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hopefully Norman toughens up on his kick returns too. They are so lackluster, I think they are a part of why our forwards are struggling a bit.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hopefully Norman toughens up on his kick returns too. They are so lackluster, I think they are a part of why our forwards are struggling a bit.

Spot in I think. We are missing the kick returns that hoffy used to give. When your fullback is collecting the ball, running it back full tilt and getting 20/30 meters it certainly gives the forwards a good start

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Yep, Gibbs was quite good during the Origin period last year, I've been surprised not to see him back even on extended benches.

This game is a good one for Norman to harden up and bring back proper kick returns a-la KHunt styles. We'll need all the go-forward we can get.

I agree we'll play better than many will expect, I won't be surprised if the young guys play with a lot more energy than the blokes out for Origin. Mind you, that happened last year but then it fell apart when the Origin players got back, it was almost like the younger guys said "rightio, got our stars back, we can drop a few notches again now".

Maybe the wake-up call of being nearly wooden spooners is needed more than the win?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
For mine, if our defensive line speed slacks off, and we don't keep the defensive line and leave holes, we get seriously flogged. Same for kick-chase.

If we do that right, and the attack down the left is as effective as it has been, but consistent throughout the game and not now and then, we have every chance of a good win

I hope someone out there calls the shots

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...r-warriors-clash/story-e6frep76-1226652520874

1yrgg.jpg

Dumb & Dumber training tank with Josh McGuire and Jarrod Wallace's faces :loool:

Last edited:
S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Surprised Brendan Gibb isn't in the side. He is a really good performer in QLD cup from what I have seen.

He also struggled with the pace in this fixture last year against the Sharks.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
If the Warriors are allowed to offload, we'll be beaten by 30+. It's something that we have a real weakness against and the Warriors have done it to us a couple of times. It completely exhausts the forwards and then their small, fast men just rip through us. They're really going to need to lock up that ball and have nearby defenders ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • KickHaas
  • Dash
  • Lurker
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  • teampjta
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.