Round 12 - Broncos vs. Warriors - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I think as hayseed said, what we have going into this game should be a hell of alot of enthusiasm from the guys coming in. The forwards like J wallace etc will all be looking to impress so they can get more game time, and kempy should be coming in knowing that he has the opportunity to restart his career (what could well be his last chance).

I am literally salivating at hoffy in the centres, I think centre has the potential to be his best position and come the end of monday night he may have doused any fears about the eventual retirement of hodgo

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Warriors should win and win well but we don't know which version of them will show up. Hopefully the crap version and that coupled with a good performance by our guys sees us get the 2 points. We need to win most of our games in this origin period to hold any hope of sneaking into the top 8.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
They don't travel well, the ol Warriors.

I'm confident.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Warriors should win and win well but we don't know which version of them will show up. Hopefully the crap version and that coupled with a good performance by our guys sees us get the 2 points. We need to win most of our games in this origin period to hold any hope of sneaking into the top 8.

Our run home is reasonably kind:
Cowboys (a)
Knights (a)
Dragons (h)
Eels (h)
Panthers (a)
Knights (h)
Bulldogs (h)

Knights the toughest team in that lot.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Every game is tough for the Broncos.... usually self-inflicted as we seem to lose the ones we should win.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Are you suggesting Mateo is better then all of our forwards including the ones missing?

Not better but WAY more dangerous. Like how Kallis is a much better cricketer than Warner, but in a single innings Warner can wreak much more havoc. The same is true of Mateo.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Does anyone know who is playing on the left wing? Kemp or maranta?

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Pretty sure it's Kemp v The Beast...should be interesting

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Beast plays on the left.

Meaning he'll most likely be up against Maranta.

Kemp will be thanking his lucky stars - we all know what happened last time Kempy took on the beast.

1000+ days ago.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
You laugh at the beast as he runs at you, then dive at his feet a little left or right, and just ankle tap him. Piece of cake

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our run home is reasonably kind:
Cowboys (a)
Knights (a)
Dragons (h)
Eels (h)
Panthers (a)
Knights (h)
Bulldogs (h)

Knights the toughest team in that lot.

Depends which Broncos turn up but I see your point

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
At the moment we look like a team that will always lose in an away game, no matter who we're up against, hence the Eels game.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Oh I know, our form now is shit. But if we come through Origin relatively unscathed and get some momentum, could see us winning 5 of our last 7. If we jag a couple of wins between now and then we might scrape into 8th. I think that's a realistic goal.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The main thing wrong with our form is consistency. Many of the tries we have scored this season are as good as any, and against the better teams.

It's just doing that on a regular basis, not ad hoc, and tightening the defence: line speed and reducing missed tackles.

IMO, all we really lack is a REAL organizer and leader on the field, which is exactly what we lost with Locky's retirement and never regained.

Until we do, we will never be top 8 material, let alone top 4

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
@chrisgarry1: Brisbane Broncos have made major team and positional changes ahead of tomorrow night's clash with Warriors. Details on @couriermail soon

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
@chrisgarry1: Brisbane Broncos have made major team and positional changes ahead of tomorrow night's clash with Warriors. Details on @couriermail soon

Oooh... I'm truly quaking in anticipation of what this latest tactical master stroke from our learned and revered coach might be... Not

inb4 Gruffin shuffles the deck chairs or calls in another Q cup'er

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Seibs
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.