Round 12 Discussion

Nothing wrong with that tackle, it wasn't a "cannonball" lol.

Great win by souths, thought Newcastle were going to run away with it but souths did a Melbourne - scored the points when they needed to.

And yeh, so much for the whole "take inglis out of souths and they won't win a match" lol. Sutton and Luke are just killing it this year, and the burgess family must have football genes directly from the gods. I don't think a team has ever recruited as well as souths have over the last 2-3 years. Kudos to their coaching/recruitment staff.

Oh god Tim Gilbert.

I take back what I said Bman!

"Matt Shwarma is a quality player" - Tim Gilbert

Nothing wrong with that tackle, it wasn't a "cannonball" lol.

Noone said it was a cannonball.

The player last night was wrapped up & wasn't going anywhere & a 3rd player 'tackled' his legs & he got hurt.

It was always going to be like this for the Cowboys.

Noone said it was a cannonball.

The player last night was wrapped up & wasn't going anywhere & a 3rd player 'tackled' his legs & he got hurt.
3rd player in late tackling legs is EXACTLY what they call a cannonball tackle lol. I didn't say anyone here called it a cannonball, even though youre implying it is, but the media most certainly are - http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/br...cannonball-tackle-bennett-20130602-2njem.html

"Newcastle coach Wayne Bennett has repeated his call for the NRL to ban the 'cannonball tackle' after Knights backrower Alex McKinnon was stretchered off in their loss to South Sydney on Saturday night."

Anyone watching titans/cowboys game? That try right there is why ash graham wouldn't be out of place in the origin team. There was a half chance, probably not even that, and he finished it like a pro.

Last edited:
Cowboys have the same problem as us - they just don't have a hooker who provides good service.

Albert Kelly is Preston Campbell's identical twin what a brilliant little player, both him and Sezer were outstanding today. The Titans 2nd choice back row also passed the depth test I thought all 3 provided great service. Hated listening to Tim Tam Gilbert he is such a know it all and acts like he knows everything about footy what a wanker.

Sezer and Kelly are a really good halves pairing. They also get good service from the young hookers the Titans have.

Might as well just throw tags on the shorts next week then. Then someone will get a scratch from the velcro and Bennett will be up in arms again.

Might as well just throw tags on the shorts next week then. Then someone will get a scratch from the velcro and Bennett will be up in arms again.

I haven't seen the tackle in question, but the cannonball (like Isac Luke performs regularly) is a dangerous tackle and should be treated as such.

Bennett seems to bitch about everything lately, **** him.

I haven't seen the tackle in question, but the cannonball (like Isac Luke performs regularly) is a dangerous tackle and should be treated as such.

Issac hasn't performed a "cannonball" tackle since the "big" crack down a few years ago and I don't recall anyone else getting in trouble for it since. I can remember being very vocal about a few players getting away with it last year.

It comes back to the consistency of the review panel and judiciary but we just have to look at the rulings and punishments on shoulder charges so far this year to see that they just seem to make it up as they go along.

Last edited:
Here are 2 gifs of the tackle from the back angle and side angle. Notice the contact of the knee or lack of.

nathanpeatstackle.gif

nathanpeatstackle2.gif

The reason I don't think it is a cannonball is how far past the knee he is (as shown on the 2nd image). He is always attempted to wrap the ankles and get lower than his knee. If he directly smashed into his knee like Issac's then I would agree it was a cannonball. It is just a freak accident that he got injured and nothing more.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Rambstien
  • Bish
  • BroncosMan
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • kiwibronco
  • jd87
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • TonyTheJugoslav
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.