Round 12 Discussion

It's not the cannonball tackle, it's the prowler tackle where they tackle below the knees.

The cannonball tackle is where the player dives at the attacking players legs.

No, the prowler is where the player is held up and the third player attacks the back or ribs. Like what dislocated Craig Wing's shoulder years ago.

I know! How DARE he stand up for the welfare of his players! ;-)

I know what you are saying, but I think in this case he might just be venting frustration at his side not being consistent. To me the tackle looked good.

Maybe, maybe not. I think any tackle that causes a significant knee injury will raise questions.

Here are 2 gifs of the tackle from the back angle and side angle. Notice the contact of the knee or lack of.

The reason I don't think it is a cannonball is how far past the knee he is (as shown on the 2nd image). He is always attempted to wrap the ankles and get lower than his knee. If he directly smashed into his knee like Issac's then I would agree it was a cannonball. It is just a freak accident that he got injured and nothing more.

I have to concur with you Twiz (now seeing it) It doesn't look like a cannonball tackle to me

It seems anytime someone gets injured now there is a call to ban the tackle that did it.

Pretty much. Just like when a team loses to a particular rule it's the worst rule in rugby league.

Shit happens.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dazza 92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosMan
  • kiwibronco
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.