Round 12 Discussion

Here are 2 gifs of the tackle from the back angle and side angle. Notice the contact of the knee or lack of.

nathanpeatstackle.gif

nathanpeatstackle2.gif

The reason I don't think it is a cannonball is how far past the knee he is (as shown on the 2nd image). He is always attempted to wrap the ankles and get lower than his knee. If he directly smashed into his knee like Issac's then I would agree it was a cannonball. It is just a freak accident that he got injured and nothing more.
plus McKinnon was still powering forward. What's peats supposed to do, not tackle the ball carrier? Anyone saying its a cannonball tackle is blind.

quickest way to stop someone moving forward is to take out their feet. That's what peats did.

Last edited:
That's the first time I've seen the tackle. Fair game as far as I'm concerned - he wasn't spearing in, he went in with the intention of bringing him to ground.

You can, when the player is wrapped up & can't go anywhere & he can't pass the ball.

Had held been called? If the 2 players on him fell off would he have been allowed to continue the run?

nope, held was not called as he was still pushing forwards and the tackle wasnt complete.

That's the first time I've seen the tackle. Fair game as far as I'm concerned - he wasn't spearing in, he went in with the intention of bringing him to ground.

Yep, I'd say the damage was done after the tackle in the act of falling. Twisted the knee. That would've happened even if someone got around his legs before the upper body contact. Just bad luck unfortunately.

That's definitely not a cannonball tackle, it was around the ankles and it wasn't driving in.

Held hadn't been called as contact is only just made at the start of the gif. With McKinnon still pushing they can't call held that early or we might as well just be playing touch. Go watch the footage on the NRL site and see how fast this tackle is made.

This tackle was also made inside our 10. If we tackle low and miss, he breaks free and probably scores. Players are too strong that not wrapping the ball up is too dangerous anywhere on the field, let alone that close to your goals.

The player was injured and fair enough but it was an accident. Champion in almost the same fashion but in reverse. 100kg bloke landed on his ankle area. Are we going to stop attacking players diving to the ground to get a quick play the ball? No, stupid to even suggest it.

Last edited:
All good points Twiztid, but WB and the media has called it a cannonball tackle, so I guess that means you are wrong.

All good points Twiztid, but WB and the media has called it a cannonball tackle, so I guess that means you are wrong.

WB is a clown who for some reason now can't shut up, The media are clowns who will do anything for a story.

Twiztid is correct imo and WB/Media are wrong.

Last edited:
No no, the media are always right, stop being a fool. Next you will be saying the Storm actually deserved to have their premierships taken off them.

Alright, that's enough internet today.

Actually Bennett's smarter than that. He doesn't just shoot off at the mouth over everything. So when he does, the media takes notice.

I think he's wrong on this, but it won't stop the media lapping it up.

bennett shot his mouth of cause one of his guys got injured and his team lost. sour grapes.

It's not the cannonball tackle, it's the prowler tackle where they tackle below the knees.

The cannonball tackle is where the player dives at the attacking players legs.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Painin the Haas
  • Redux
  • Gympie devil
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • rj9
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Browny
... and 56 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.