PRE-GAME Round 13 - Broncos vs Titans

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

On the real positive side Devlin also said forward Tom Flegler would be at 100 per cent fitness after missing the win over the Warriors with a minor back tweak.

**** yeah, welcome back Macca.
tenor.gif

On a positive note, Macca usually plays his best games against the titans. On a negative note, he’ll secure his position for a few weeks after.

So with Macca & Flegler back, I'd imagine this'll be the team -

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Shibasaki
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Jr

14. Turpin
15. Fifita
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

I also imagine Gillett may be rested, considering our opposition. With Fifita starting on the right edge and Carrigan coming on to the bench.

Segeyaro chose a really bad time to get suspended. It would've been a tough choice for Seibs to pick Macca if Turpin & Segeyaro were available, now he doesn't have to worry about it. Maybe next season.

I'll give Macca the benefit of the doubt for a game or two with a proper HB and a bloke on the bench to spell him. He played his best footy when he wasn't playing 80 (with the exception of a few 80 min games before Blair wiped his knee out with an idiotic play).

Injury Update: Andrew McCullough

Author: broncos.com.au
Timestamp: Mon 3 Jun 2019, 01:45 PM

ANDREW McCullough has this morning taken a huge step towards returning to the field.
McCullough completed a skills session with his Broncos teammates as he attempts to come back early from a MCL knee injury. It was feared McCullough could miss as many as 12 weeks when he suffered the injury at training under a month ago.
But a favourable diagnosis from the surgeon and McCullough's famed skills of recuperation have drastically cut that time down. The hooker is now in the frame to face the Gold Coast Titans this Sunday afternoon at Suncorp Stadium, a match that will kick off at 2pm.

"He is a very dedicated professional in his rehab," said Broncos' Head of Performance Paul Devlin after training this morning. "Andrew spent three days with (rehab coach) Blake Duncan and the club physios in his time off last week. "He trained really well and made some good progress.
"He returned to skills today and got through unscathed. "He is progressing really well and should be available for selection this week."

Devlin also said forward Tom Flegler would be at 100 per cent fitness after missing the win over the Warriors with a minor back tweak.

[automerge]1559546972[/automerge]
I'll give Macca the benefit of the doubt for a game or two with a proper HB and a bloke on the bench to spell him. He played his best footy when he wasn't playing 80 (with the exception of a few 80 min games before Blair wiped his knee out with an idiotic play).
His best footy is shit.

Last edited:
Say what you will about Macca but **** me he typifies everything you want in a player coming back from an injury. It’s a shame some other squad members aren’t as dedicated as him as he is always ahead of time for injuries

Last edited:
Say what you will about Macca but **** me he typifies everything you want in a player coming back from an injury. It’s a shame some other squad members aren’t as dedicated as him as he is always ahead of time for injuries
Which is why he'll walk straight back into the lineup. Macca is as tough as they come and a club man through and through. His early return is a big boost for the squad.

Last edited:
I'll say he's like a turd that won't flush. If Seibold reinstates him, that's it for me, I'm writing the season off.

I’m a bit worried about this game. Could be a real momentum killer if we’re not careful. Hopefully all the origin guys get through Wednesday without a scratch. Macca will be slow and rusty as well so it’s a danger game

I’m a bit worried about this game. Could be a real momentum killer if we’re not careful. Hopefully all the origin guys get through Wednesday without a scratch. Macca will be slow and rusty as well so it’s a danger game

If we cant beat the Titans, we have major problems.

So no difference really, you have been writing the season off since Round 1.
Nope, I have us making the top 4 without Macca.
[automerge]1559552337[/automerge]
If we cant beat the Titans, we have major problems.
My fear is if we get lumped with Macca again, we'll shitgrind through to a two point win and he'll get another game on the back of it.
[automerge]1559552401[/automerge]
Facebook is the home of fair-weather fans.
Being a fan doesn't mean sticking with a player who's a clear liability just because he's a good bloke.
[automerge]1559552620[/automerge]
Interesting that on the Broncos Facebook feed the comments under this announcement are 90% or more saying that they don’t want Macca back. Doesn’t look like too many people missed him. I know I didn’t.
Yep, it's a test for Seibold. Hopefully, he'll pass it.

Last edited:

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.