POST GAME Round 13 - Broncos vs Titans

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
9 (Macca) and 1 were trash. We have no chance of winning the comp with our current spine. Boyd was able to be carried by our pack, an 18 year old HB, and a rookie 9 but now with Macca back and others out he's been exposed.

One more thing, **** State of Origin. It needs to be on a stand alone weekend, it's an exhibition series with no real weight compared to the NRL.

Jedhead

NRL Player
He's spent 3 or 4 weeks sitting in the box watching and learning how Siebs wants to play, then when he's on the field on attack he's shrugging his shoulders and asking the players around him what they're supposed to be doing next play. Macca has learnt nothing in his time off. His short runs were not exactly speedy and he went the wrong way on two occasions when we had numbers the other way.

I'm not blaming the loss on him alone, no - TPJ's effort was even worse, but Macca has to go back and do further "re-hab".

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell
A bunch of rookies and washed up veterans who are coached by a spud. Today's result doesn't shock me. It was always going to be a tough match as are all the matches when your side is nothing special (even at full strength).

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Not to spoil the magic, but the thread is made ahead of time and set to a timer.

No he's cooked.

Haas and Lodge were poor as well, but I can forgive a 19 year old forward getting beaten by a half. Darius losing his centre of balance just trying to turn was a horrible sign. I don't think he 'dogged' it, I just think he's past it.

Like I said in the Game Day thread, the Broncos cannot handle adversity. When everything is going their way, they look like world beaters. However, if the bounce of the ball, a few penalties and a few injuries go against them they fall into a hole. I feel for anyone who went out to Suncorp this afternoon because they just wasted your time and money.
Thats what i think with Boyd, he just doesnt have that agility and movement he used to have, which does make him a liability in situations like that. We need a fullback because i still think he is a useful player to have in the centers. We just dont have a fullback to replace him

Last edited:

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
He's spent 3 or 4 weeks sitting in the box watching and learning how Siebs wants to play, then when he's on the field on attack he's shrugging his shoulders and asking the players around him what they're supposed to be doing next play. Macca has learnt nothing in his time off. His short runs were not exactly speedy and he went the wrong way on two occasions when we had numbers the other way.

I'm not blaming the loss on him alone, no - TPJ's effort was even worse, but Macca has to go back and do further "re-hab".
Picks the ball up and takes 5 seconds to decide what to do with it. By the time he actually makes his mind up the defence is on us.

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Brisvegas
And of course we lose by just enough to push ourselves out of the top 8 ( 1 point to be exact)

Hardlt the end of the world, but the scars might run deep with this debacle.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
I'd like to talk about McCollough intentionally throwing the ball any way Turpin isn't, intentionally jumping in the way of passes meant for him and over calling him in an attempt to keep his job
I think you’re seeing things.

Of course he’s going to go to milf. Turpin was playing out of position and it’s not like Deardens been getting a lot of ball anyway

something

NYC Player
didn't get to watch the game - can someone fill me in on what transpired? how bad is Dearden's injury? Was Macca starting or Turps? How did the game unfold?

Galah

QCup Player
Brisbane
The club is now in a predicament, the fans know what needs to happen and they better start making the right and firm calls on certain players or they’ll start hearing boos.

Some players are getting damn good money for something they’re not very good at.

Reactions: LGH

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
I used to think this was a thing with Milf and Hunt, but Macca is just dumb. Any specific examples?
Would be hard to see on replay... As you'd need a wider shot which you get from the stands. I think this is what causes a larger divide between members of BHQ.. Some of us see the whole picture. The failures to execute plays.. when the coverage switches perspective often.

There were 3 times.

One. Macca intentionally grabbed the pass out of the air when Milford was caught on 4th in a tackle, Turpin threw his arms in the air, Macca put up a kick . First half

Two. We had just earned great field position after a while in D, momentum started to shift our way, again, Milford was unavailable for the kick. We had all the space out wide on the right, could of easily went through the hands, Turpin called the ball, repeat set would of started building some pressure which was sorely needed... Macca steps off his right after seeing and hearing turpin's call, goes back in field to Flegler ON THE 5TH! Flegler attempts an offload - error. No kick. Incomplete set

Three. I'm too mad to recall the specifics but again Macca turned it back the other way Turpin looking around at team mates as if to say , "did you hear me call it?" Again wasted set

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
Not to spoil the magic, but the thread is made ahead of time and set to a timer.

No he's cooked.

Haas and Lodge were poor as well, but I can forgive a 19 year old forward getting beaten by a half. Darius losing his centre of balance just trying to turn was a horrible sign. I don't think he 'dogged' it, I just think he's past it.

Like I said in the Game Day thread, the Broncos cannot handle adversity. When everything is going their way, they look like world beaters. However, if the bounce of the ball, a few penalties and a few injuries go against them they fall into a hole. I feel for anyone who went out to Suncorp this afternoon because they just wasted your time and money.
Was just wanting to bring out the ya'll while everyone was mad as heck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter