Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

How do you explain him catching the ball meant for Turpin 1st half?

I would have to see it again because it doesn't stick out to me. It's hardly out of the ordinary and usually there's half a dozen instances where somebody other than the intended receiver receives the ball.

It looks like Boyd doesnt want to put pressure on his Achilles or hammys in those one on one situations when he needs to change direction quickly. Hed rather give up or let his legs slide out from under him. He is a liability back there. Can someone recommend to Siebsy a switch with isaako pretty please?
P.S. How's niu travelling these days?

Massive sag in the vibe 5-10 mins after Macca came on, it was uncanny.

Also I doubt McC was intentionally undermining Turpin, but only because I doubt McC would be intelligent enough to think to do that.

I tend to disagree. He finds a way to “slip” anytime he’s in a position where he’s required to prevent a try one-on-one. It has happened so many times from so many positions and angles that it can’t be as simple as his body letting him down. This time he realised he had no excuse for slipping as he was already facing the right way and so he just took a knee. If his own accounts are to be believed his body is as good as it’s ever been. Its embarrassing to watch. In my opinion he is absolutely dogging it. I was a massive Boyd defender until about mid last year. I can no longer do so.

As for having a bad attitude toward adversity, that is obviously a bit side effect of inexperience but I also lay a lot of the blame at the feet of Boyd. When a young player watches their captain giving up at every challenging moment what do you expect them to do. Boyd needs to go, give the captaincy to Glenn and Milford like the cowboys used to do with Scott and Thurston.

This afternoon's was the worst one yet, but I think he genuinely tried to change direction and just had no acceleration and buckled. It was sad to watch and it surely has to be a turning point for the coach to make a big call.

I don't doubt that Darius felt much better coming into this season than in previous. The past few years he's had injury set-backs during the pre-season and this was the first he was able to get through. It's just taken it's toll and while there were some good signs early from Darius, he just has nothing left in the tank.

Sure we were pretty flat but I think Seibs now has us playing way too structured and predictable, it took us 70 minutes to try some unstructured play (with offloads) and straight away we scored some points.
If you important spine player is like our 1 and 9 ( Macca) , you’d better lean on your structure

Just watched the presser. McCullough is going nowhere guys...

No mention of Boyd whatsoever.

He was doing what Boyd does best, he was sooking it up. He was thinking "JFC these ***** have missed another tackle, **** this."

I think it’s the worst I’ve ever seen. To the point it looks like he threw the game. He was stationary.

Every other time something similar to this has happened he was at least moving in the other direction when he slipped. The **** slipped on thin air standing still here.

Our shithouse depth in the FB position is absolutely killing us

Not to spoil the magic, but the thread is made ahead of time and set to a timer.

No he's cooked.

Haas and Lodge were poor as well, but I can forgive a 19 year old forward getting beaten by a half. Darius losing his centre of balance just trying to turn was a horrible sign. I don't think he 'dogged' it, I just think he's past it.

Like I said in the Game Day thread, the Broncos cannot handle adversity. When everything is going their way, they look like world beaters. However, if the bounce of the ball, a few penalties and a few injuries go against them they fall into a hole. I feel for anyone who went out to Suncorp this afternoon because they just wasted your time and money.
We have a four/flex ticket and we usually like Sunday games because we get so few, but I wanted to skip this one, just had a feeling it would go this way. Wanted to leave at half time but waited it out. Should have skipped it.

Also wanted to add to the chorus calling for Macca to go, he was deadset awful, Turpin was the only guy on the field trying his guts out and Macca did everything he could to get in his way. Boyd should be forced to retire immeadiately, and we missed Oates so much it wasn't funny. Most of the team played for shit though, no energy and no direction at all.

Last edited:
I think it’s the worst I’ve ever seen. To the point it looks like he threw the game. He was stationary.

Every other time something similar to this has happened he was at least moving in the other direction when he slipped. The **** slipped on thin air standing still here.

The MCK one is a clear dive too.

Can we just sign Drinkwater before June 30 so we at least have another option?

He's played 1 game of ISC this year and get this, he had as many try assists in his 1 game as Darius has in his 12 games of NRL so far this season, 3.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Redux
  • GCBRONCO
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • ezpz
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.