Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Didn't watch the game and by the sounds of it, I won't be watching a replay. How did Haas and Fifita go today?

Below their best, still solid, but nothing special. Same can be said for almost everyone who backed up from Origin this week.

@Cult3 @Wolfie

I don't like singling you guys out, because there was quite a few people who sticking up for Darb at the start of the year, but you're the only 2 I can think of currently who were defending him.

Can I get your opinion on this effort? Are you guys on board with the rest of us now that he's literally just falling over on purpose to avoid having to make a tackle? I can't see any other possibilities.

I understand that other players are missing tackles which in turn is putting pressure on him at the back, but like.. yeah, he's not putting in a single ounce of effort when an opposition player makes a break.

Same as what i said about him in either the pre game or post game thread. I still dont think its an effort thing, i think he just cant do it anymore. I dont know if its the right way to describe how he moves, but he seems very rigid in his movements. He seems to have lost his agility and lateral movement. It seems to be a huge effort for him to even change direction anymore. He is fine running in straight lines, but if he has to adjust direction quickly, he isnt capable of doing it. I agree it doesnt look good the way he goes down, but i dont think its an intentional thing.

And for the record, i've never defended his form. I'll just never buy into this nonsense he falls over on purpose or he doesnt try because i think its rubbish. I just see a player who physically, is probably shot in terms of playing at fullback, and i see a player who lacks confidence and belief in himself. Seibold is the one who should be making the call on it. Problem is, i think Boyd meets every one of the markers Seibold sets for the players, so if he is doing what the coach is asking, having the backing of his coach isnt going to convince him he is doing anything wrong.

Last edited:
He didn’t slip though. His legs just went weak and he nearly fell over
Call it what you want, he got beaten by a good step and piss poor positioning.
I absolutely think he is gone as a player. The only thing keeping him in the side is a lack of options.

I almost cried watching Tedesco play the Panthers today. It must be a fucking great feeling having a fullback who has the energy and enthusiasm, puts his body on the line in defense and comes up try savers, breaks tackles at will and creates opportunities on the back of it.

Then I turn my attention to Boyd vs Titans and best way to describe it is the club is practically playing with a handicap having him at 1. Add Macca at 9 and Your practically asking Milford to generate all our point scoring. If we were hoping the Gold Coast would take Boyd off our hands we are sadly mistaken. They have 3 guys already on our books who have played fullback who are all better (Gordon, Brimson and Roberts) Hell even Peachey would do a better job back there.

Tbf, you are comparing an in his prime tedesco to a 31 year old Darius Boyd who is shot as a fullback. Boyd in his prime was far, far better than he is now.

That's like saying the coach has the full support of the board [emoji57]

I hope that is the case but I am afraid that it is not and we are stuck with him at least for the rest of this year...

Lodge was the best forward again. TPJ needs to cut the dumb shit out and he'd be up there too (but we say this every week). Glenn was impressive but tried a bit too hard to manufacture a try for himself. Flegler had some strong runs, and Carrigan went OK, though you can tell why he's the 18th man at full strength. Haas and Fifita looked a bit drained post Origin, but they are still only teenagers.

Shibasaki and Isaako continue to disappoint me. Shibasaki won't be a regular first grader anyway, but Isaako seems way off to what he was last year. I hope we didn't miss the mark re-signing him for a long term contract.

Lodge was the best forward again. TPJ needs to cut the dumb shit out and he'd be up there too (but we say this every week). Glenn was impressive but tried a bit too hard to manufacture a try for himself. Flegler had some strong runs, and Carrigan went OK, though you can tell why he's the 18th man at full strength. Haas and Fifita looked a bit drained post Origin, but they are still only teenagers.

Shibasaki and Isaako continue to disappoint me. Shibasaki won't be a regular first grader anyway, but Isaako seems way off to what he was last year. I hope we didn't miss the mark re-signing him for a long term contract.

I dont think it was one of Pattys better games, but he took some tough carries and dug in. I think its a good sign when you look at all our younger forwards that they dont shirk the tough stuff even when things arent going well.

I dont think it was one of Pattys better games, but he took some tough carries and dug in. I think its a good sign when you look at all our younger forwards that they dont shirk the tough stuff even when things arent going well.

Yeah, he does do the tougher carries and his PTB speed is the 2nd quickest of the middle forwards - you could see him take some early runs and then another forward made a big run off the back of his quick PTB. He should be able to break into a full strength side once TPJ and/or Lodge leave at the end of the year, but you can see how the other forwards are still ahead of him at the moment, minus Su'a.

Yeah, he does do the tougher carries and his PTB speed is the 2nd quickest of the middle forwards - you could see him take some early runs and then another forward made a big run off the back of his quick PTB. He should be able to break into a full strength side once TPJ and/or Lodge leave at the end of the year, but you can see how the other forwards are still ahead of him at the moment, minus Su'a.

That was the kind of thing Webcke was talking about a week or so ago. People are so wrapped up in how many meters a forward makes they tend to miss things like that.

While Pat was willing, I didn't think he was able.

They contained him very easily in the middle.

I thought this afternoon was a great opportunity to make a statement, like others, he was pretty underwhelming. I thought his defence was also sub-par, he was beaten in the ruck a few times.

He's capable of better.

or they don't want to publicly bag their captain and mate so they say nothing instead of blowing the club up .
Seriously, that's a childish post.
Not sure if you're illiterate or just stupid. Players always talk about funny stories with other players and stuff on podcasts etc. Never heard a player mention Darius Boyd in a positive light. Also, a lot of the Broncos players are quite active on social media (instagram etc.) and you see them post stuff where a few players are out for lunch or at the beach or whatever it might be. Again, never seen Boyd in any of these posts. Sure he has a family, but so do most of the players these days and they are still in these posts.

I thought this afternoon was a great opportunity to make a statement, like others, he was pretty underwhelming. I thought his defence was also sub-par, he was beaten in the ruck a few times.

He's capable of better.

He missed 2 tackles today apparently. I thought he did Ok tbh but nothing more.

Mind you, i'm not believing the stats, they also said Haas didnt miss any when he clearly missed Roberts along with Lodge and Boyd.

He's capable of better.

Not to mention it was his dumb penalty which directly lead to the T.Roberts try. He's been very average so far in first grade, pretty disappointed tbh.

Also on Milford, **** me he's hard to watch sometimes. When the team is all running downhill, he'll be in the lead, but as soon as you gotta go the other way, he'll be lagging behind more than half of the time. This is why he isn't playing Origin, he just isn't good enough yet.

Also on Milford, **** me he's hard to watch sometimes. When the team is all running downhill, he'll be in the lead, but as soon as you gotta go the other way, he'll be lagging behind more than half of the time. This is why he isn't playing Origin, he just isn't good enough yet.

Until we get a halfback who will let him play his natural game, i dont think he will ever be a real superstar.

He missed 2 tackles today apparently. I thought he did Ok tbh but nothing more.

Mind you, i'm not believing the stats, they also said Haas didnt miss any when he clearly missed Roberts along with Lodge and Boyd.

It's not so much the missed tackles that concern me, but his efforts in the tackle. He was losing the physicality and the Gold Coast were getting more ascendency running at him. His carries weren't setting the world alight either.

He'll learn.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.