Round 13 - Canberra vs. Broncos - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope the team can back up all the talk of this week.

Time for talking is over now.
Time to perform !

Hope we win but I hope Blake Ferguson plays a blinder, he is my man and my favourite player.

Ferguson undoubtedly has talent, but IMO his attitude is worse than Dugan's. when he left the Sharks he said it's because he wanted to play for a team that could play well (no respect for the club that developed him from his teens). Constantly tries the flashy things but neglects the one percenters, think Inu with the loose carries and brain farts. That and he is clearly besotted with himself. There's not much endearing about him.

Must admit... He's doing well for my SC draft team.

Looking forward to a much better defensive effort tonight.

After reading an article in the Courier-Mail today, i just learned that we're the worst team in the NRL for letting tries in through the middle of the ruck !!

In 2 minds at this stage.. So badly want to start winning games. . But at the same time, if that happens nothing will change for next year...

^ nothing will change for next year anyway ....

It's all very well calling for Griffin to be sacked, but who the hell would be good enough to replace him? Tim Sheens? Stephen Kearney?

It's all very well calling for Griffin to be sacked, but who the hell would be good enough to replace him? Tim Sheens? Stephen Kearney?

There are assistant coaches who could possibly jump at the chance. Guys like Kimmorley, Walters, Dymock etc. Yeah, they could fail, but then you just look for someone else.

Hope we win but I hope Blake Ferguson plays a blinder, he is my man and my favourite player.

U might want to change your username to Fergoman or Blueman or SometimesBroncoman.

N
^ nothing will change for next year anyway ....

Trust me, if the Broncs don't make the playoffs, many changes will b made and Hook will be the first to go. They need to win 7 of their last 12 to edge into a finals spot. Considering they have only won 11 of their last 30,I wouldn't be getting my hopes up. The side will be vastly different on 2014 hence much stronger. Just have to hold tight till then.

There are assistant coaches who could possibly jump at the chance. Guys like Kimmorley, Walters, Dymock etc. Yeah, they could fail, but then you just look for someone else.
Yes, let's turn into Parra... They've had so much success with that policy!

I don't understand if you are just happy with what's happening, or that you are just afraid of tough decisions?

I don't understand if you are just happy with what's happening, or that you are just afraid of tough decisions?
Just because I'm not in the "let's throw all the toys out of the cot" fanclub, doesn't mean I'm happy with everything.
It's never a good idea to play musical chairs with your head coach.

Doesn't mean that you shouldn't be looking to improve what's failing. I probably was the guy yelling the loudest to sack Henjak right here on BHQ, ask Big Pete, with whom I had words about it...

Is Griffin the man for the job? I'm not convinced either way to be honest. I have seen this team go head to toe with the best in the comp, and I've seen them uninterested against Eels or Tigers, in a sort of "we got dis" attitude. This team has absolutely no killer instinct, and lacks consistency. That is the most important thing that needs to be addressed, it needs to be addressed now, and that is without a doubt, the job of the coach!

There are other things we need to look into for sure, but without the above, you can throw as many stars as you want in the team, we still won't make a ripple in the pond. Look at the Cowboys for an example, at the Raiders or the Warriors as well, all top 4 potentially, but capable of the best and more often than not... the worst!

From what I read between the lines of White's interview, no one including Griffin is safe. The club is aware of our flaws and is looking for suitable players, but they're certainly not going to lay out their strategy in public. I for one, am glad that they're taking a calm and sensible approach, because knee jerking is not going to get us there!

I'm just saying, let's take it one step at the time.

I'd seriously just throw some money at Kimmorley and make him our assistant coach for now, and if Griffin keeps being a dud, promote him one step further. He seem to be able to identify strengths and weaknesses better than anyone else in the media...which I know doesn't paint the whole picture, but it's better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.