Round 13 Discussion

And some people tip the Cowboys to win the premiership :rolleyes:

Very bland game but at least Hayne got through my heart stopped when he went down briefly.

The cowboys are such an anemic side away from home ... it's actually funny to watch

Thank you for finding the perfect word to describe them. Was umming and ahhing about what word I was going to use but "anemic" is spot on the mark.

Just a really soft performance from them. Too much indecision around the ruck and the likes of Lui, Thompson and Kostjasyn were borderline useless.

On the other side of the equation, the Eels really stood up and if they just had a bit more experience would have won by a bigger deficit. Such a frustrating team, do all the hard work but when it comes time to convert it into points they muck it up. Those two breaks from Norman really typifies them. In saying that, their forwards did a great job on a more reputable pack and it's a nice win for them given they lost their rake for the season.

It looks to me like the Eels are going to run out of steam pretty soon.

I'm predicting they will decline after the Origin period.

Most likely.

You can definitely put a line through the Cowboys after tonight.

Thank you for finding the perfect word to describe them. Was umming and ahhing about what word I was going to use but "anemic" is spot on the mark.

Just a really soft performance from them. Too much indecision around the ruck and the likes of Lui, Thompson and Kostjasyn were borderline useless.

yep, indecision, hesitancy, insipidness ... basically they just shot themselves in the foot all night with cluster-**** attack and handling error after handling error ... and the thing is, they revert to this personality basically every time they play in Sydney.

but next saturday night, at home against whoever, they'll be the antithesis of what they were on the road.

Last edited:
I've been meaning to say this all year but here it is finally

Here is a tip Channel 9 when you show the replay and live screen at the same time the replay one is supposed to be the smaller one and the live one is the bigger one. You can barely see the game when they play the replay and live screens.

Yep.

Can't believe 9 screwed that up. Finally introduced the split cam a decade too late but got it ass backwards.

With that said, I'd take the 9 production everyday over the Fox Sports production. Referee cam and the amount of time they take to get a replay up is awful.

I've been meaning to say this all year but here it is finally

Here is a tip Channel 9 when you show the replay and live screen at the same time the replay one is supposed to be the smaller one and the live one is the bigger one. You can barely see the game when they play the replay and live screens.

bear in mind though that often times the replays are showing decisions involving centimetres or less .. so a tiny screen in the bottom of picture wouldn't really suffice

shit I hope cherry evans is ok ... he looked in a bad way even before that hit to the knee

Geez Parra tried hard to keep them in the game lol

Couple of changes to a few NRL sides as revealed by the NSW Cup.

Hampton will play five eigth for the Storm.

Garvey will come into the Dragons side.

Sam Williams has basically put in a MotM performance to help the Cutters beat the combined Sharks/Storm side minus Witt who just did his ACL.

Yet he can't get a gig behind Benji.

Seriously, Ricky should ask him if he wants to come home.

I don't get Sam Williams. The way he played for Canberra in 2012 suggested he was on his way to being an absolute gun. I even suggested him for the Broncs based on that, despite a poor 2013. Maybe he needs to play with the headgear again.

I don't get the Dragons.

They sign Williams to good money, play him in reserve grade behind Witt and then spend even more money to sign Benji.

While starting with Witt was weird, the idea of playing a reliable veteran in a young-ish spine (which was Quinlan, Widdop & Rein at the time) had some logic behind it, especially if Williams wasn't in form. However, once Williams played first grade, the Dragons really should have stuck with him.

Especially over Benji who clearly isn't match fit.

Yeah the Dragons have been incredible dumb when it comes to recruitment.

Imagine that going down at Origin?

Say no to Taylor.

Dragons have Merrin starting off the bench. Unbelievable

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Broncosarethebest
  • achievedrap
  • broncos4life
  • Manifesto
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • simplythebest
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • kiwi2
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.