PRE-GAME Round 13 - Dragons vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

You have to give Badel a bit of credit here. He turns out to be right about 90% of the time, maybe more. And Walters, who is wrong about 90% of the time, maybe more, is meant to be his main source of info.

Walters has become so misleading he's practically at the point of betting against him.

If your choice is between ANY JOURNALIST and COACH OF THE BRISBANE BRONCOS I'd go with the journo every time. That's a very low bar to jump.

The other wild card is it looks a bit like Walters is taking advice from the media/fans. You see him praise Milford, then you read the press slam Milford and then next thing Milford gets dropped. It's become a pattern. It's hard to tell whether he's on the same page as us and bullshits the opposite, or he changes his mind after reading other opinions.

You are giving too much credit to Badel. Even I know to write down the opposite of what Walters says and I know I’m likely going to be right.

I never said Su’A was a middle mate read... we don’t need more middles in my opinion if Lodge leaves we get Su’A and Hynes hopefully with that money and instead of getting a new Prop we start using Asiata at Lock as you said and move Carrigan to Prop. Or we keep Carrigan Lock and move Pangai to prop and use one of our young second towers to start alongside Su’A
Nah I think using TPJ at prop doesn't work. He is much more destructive in attack as a wide running back rower.

You are giving too much credit to Badel. Even I know to write down the opposite of what Walters says and I know I’m likely going to be right.
Badel has been doing pretty okay this year given the utter drivel Walters has been spinning. As a journo you're kind of bound to print whatever nonsense they tell you in public, like at a presser. It's a pretty big call to routinely call them out as habitual liars.

You expect a bit of diplomacy, but Walters **** me drunk, he's pushing it.

I'd just like to point out St George picked a very apt name for the club. St George famously defeated the dragon, much like the club famously defeats itself.

View attachment 13299
When it comes to dragons the one in the picture looks like an over grown chicken rather than something to make Gandalf wet his robes.

Coates will probably miss out on this game due to Origin. But Broncs should just leave Coates out of the team from now on and develop Cobbo for the future. Coates is a defensive liability to the team. Any other player would've been dropped to the reserves based on his form-line alone. Scratch Coates at the barriers.
Nah I disagree with the you here... Firstly he is an origin player it will be very hard to justify why we are benching him also unless Cobbo sets the world on fire and is ready, we should play him in q-cup so when he comes into the nrl it will be with full confidence coming out of a likely q-cup winning team and with the confidence of a pre-season rather than playing bang average in a losing side for the last 10 rounds of this season

disclaimer** my wordings poor in this I still believe he should debut when Coates is playing origin

Every game win or lose needs to be played with one eye on Reynolds (and whoever else) being here. And whether the current players show enough to prove they want to be. Because for all the talk of Hynes or Hodgson, they aren't here yet.

The 9 needs to run. They need to be able to set up running plays out of dummy half. Damien Cook can do it, we need to as well for Reynolds sake. If we can't find anybody here to do that, go for Hodgson

Long term Carrigan should go to Prop. Together with Flegler, Hass and Bullemor, that's a pretty decent rotation. So it should be decided now whether Hetherington or Robati plays lock, and move them this game. Then the 14 can cover both positions. I'd go Robati lock, Hetherington utility.

After that all we need are a couple of players who can play centre or second row. If we were to start now, Paliasa or Piakura would go to the centres in q cup to learn the defensive side of the position. Utility value is going to be the next big thing in Rugby league. If it isn't already.

We should make it as simple as possible to plug in a spine if need be and win.. Starting now.

Cobbo getting a run this week?, Not playing Cup today.
Yeah I was just thinking that... I reckon it’s likely since he was named and has been withdrawn... it’s been a few days since we last played and the game is in Ipswich so travel isn’t an issue so you’d have to think he’s getting the call up

Yeah I was just thinking that... I reckon it’s likely since he was named and has been withdrawn... it’s been a few days since we last played and the game is in Ipswich so travel isn’t an issue so you’d have to think he’s getting the call up

You would think Coates will be in the origin side, so makes sense to give Cobbo the opportunity next week.

What is with this taking players out of Qcup the week before they play bs?

He should be playing as much games as possible at his age.

Yeah it seems strange.

Incidentally, The Seagulls' fullback, Farr, is a bit of a love child between Moylan and Dearden.

Short turn around, he'd have to back up by Thursday and it's an away game as well.

Hasn't played in two weeks due to the split round in the QCup.

Short turn around, he would have had to go to Toowoomba today and miss training.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Pablo
  • Alec
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.