PRE-GAME Round 13 - Dragons vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I'd just like to point out St George picked a very apt name for the club. St George famously defeated the dragon, much like the club famously defeats itself.

Screensaint george and the dragon rogier van der weyden 1435 9c368aa1

I think Kevs thinking behind putting a prop at lock is couple of things:
  • Strengthen up defence on the flanks, its been a mega weakness for years
  • A big body out wide to push the opposition back in towards the ruck
  • Use a slower line speed in defence to try and not have our bigger guys gassed from running stupid metres.
This has to change with Dragons, we need mobile and ball playing from second row outwards, Dragons wont be able to cope. Winning this match is as simple as moving the ball wide of the ruck.

This morning I've read two separate Sydney based jorno's beseeching the space cadet not to pick TPJ for his blues team because TPJ has openly stated last year he supported Queensland. The more the drums beat to this sound the happier I am. If he is not picked it means we have his services throughout the origin and I'm sure he will be keen to show the bitter boys what they are missing by turning in a few absolute blinders.

It really is a win/win for Broncos and Qld if they reject him. :rofl

This morning I've read two separate Sydney based jorno's beseeching the space cadet not to pick TPJ for his blues team because TPJ has openly stated last year he supported Queensland. The more the drums beat to this sound the happier I am. If he is not picked it means we have his services throughout the origin and I'm sure he will be keen to show the bitter boys what they are missing by turning in a few absolute blinders.

Yet they picked Keary...

I knew it would come up eventually because it happened soo recently, but it's not all good news if he doesn't get picked, the money made from playing in state of origin could make it easier to keep him both in the money he makes and knowing he can make the team playing for us.

Although I doubt he will leave the Broncos, he seems pretty setup here and unwilling to leave the city.

I knew it would come up eventually because it happened soo recently, but it's not all good news if he doesn't get picked, the money made from playing in state of origin could make it easier to keep him both in the money he makes and knowing he can make the team playing for us.

Although I doubt he will leave the Broncos, he seems pretty setup here and unwilling to leave the city.
Yeh I think I know what you're trying to say there...maybe.

A lot rumours he’ll be in Newcastle before next weekend. No idea how true it is, and I kind of hope it isn’t. I’d rather be leave at the end of the year on the proviso that his whole contract is null and we have a good experienced prop on the way.
NBN news have basically said the same thing tonight without confirming it and they are very accurate when it comes to the Knights. He has played his last game as a Bronco.

NBN news have basically said the same thing tonight without confirming it and they are very accurate when it comes to the Knights. He has played his last game as a Bronco.

Few days ago Kev said:

“He’s obviously suspended at the moment but we expect to have him back for the St George Illawarra game in a bit over a week,” Walters said.

Asked if it would be a mistake to let Lodge go, Walters replied: “Well at the moment he’s still playing here so that’s good for us and we’re enjoying having him play."

“I believe last week against the Roosters was probably his best performance for the club so it’s all good for Lodgey at the moment, he’s still here and he’s playing well which is a good outcome for Lodgey and for us, of course.”

So, in opposite world, where Kev apparently lives when talking to the media, he's no chance of the Dragon's game and will definitely be out of the club before we know it. /s

Few days ago Kev said:

“He’s obviously suspended at the moment but we expect to have him back for the St George Illawarra game in a bit over a week,” Walters said.

Asked if it would be a mistake to let Lodge go, Walters replied: “Well at the moment he’s still playing here so that’s good for us and we’re enjoying having him play."

“I believe last week against the Roosters was probably his best performance for the club so it’s all good for Lodgey at the moment, he’s still here and he’s playing well which is a good outcome for Lodgey and for us, of course.”

So, in opposite world, where Kev apparently lives when talking to the media, he's no chance of the Dragon's game and will definitely be out of the club before we know it. /s
Going off that I’m surprised Lodge hasn’t already played 4 games for the knights

I honestly cannot believe we're only 4 competition points out of the 8. Our F/A is really going to **** us if we go on a decent run at the back end.

I honestly cannot believe we're only 4 competition points out of the 8. Our F/A is really going to **** us if we go on a decent run at the back end.
We have the chance to correct this by season end. We can probably get to -20 or so if they buckle down!

This will only be a problem if we are tied for 8th or in a three way tie for 7th at the end of the season.
Hope I’m wrong but I really can’t see us getting that high on the ladder.

Few days ago Kev said:

You have to give Badel a bit of credit here. He turns out to be right about 90% of the time, maybe more. And Walters, who is wrong about 90% of the time, maybe more, is meant to be his main source of info.

Walters has become so misleading he's practically at the point of betting against him.

If your choice is between ANY JOURNALIST and COACH OF THE BRISBANE BRONCOS I'd go with the journo every time. That's a very low bar to jump.

The other wild card is it looks a bit like Walters is taking advice from the media/fans. You see him praise Milford, then you read the press slam Milford and then next thing Milford gets dropped. It's become a pattern. It's hard to tell whether he's on the same page as us and bullshits the opposite, or he changes his mind after reading other opinions.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Organix
  • Kev_Guz
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • eggstar10
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Tmac
  • Jazza
  • HarryAllan7
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.