PRE-GAME Round 13 - Dragons vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

the thing i like about Kevvie's interview when the journos asked about the comparisons between Cobbo and GI/Mitchell is Kevvie's response:

Let's just let him be Selwyn Cobbo ... If he can be Selwyn Cobbo, we'll be very happy
I don’t know.

I mean, surely he could focus his attention on being the next hybrid of Hodges, GI, Latrell, Foxx, The Pearl, Tallis, Beetson, Thaiday, JT, Preston, JYY, Sailor and every other indigenous player that’s ever gone on to achieve good things in the game...

Seriously, he’s 18. As Kevie is alluding to, rather than the media pump him up and draw the obvious comparison, how about we just let him come in and play some footy and be himself.

I think we have to go into this game wanting to bully the dragons. Each game we have won or gone close to winning has been because we have bullied and dominated the opposition (particularly in the forwards). That involves good line speed and dominating the tackles (just two of the things we failed to do and continue to fail to do against melbourne).

We got close to penrith and beat the rooster because we did not let them play their pretty football. We should start making the teams play to our strengths rather than trying to match theirs.

Seriously, he’s 18. As Kevie is alluding to, rather than the media pump him up and draw the obvious comparison, how about we just let him come in and play some footy and be himself.
Yep agree and we should also ban the media from talking to him.
He just needs to focus on his footy for now.

Can someone please give me some updates on the following?

Tass - is he good to go or does he have to wait til mid season?

Hetherington/Paix as hooker, story here. Why Danny Levi above these guys?

Why isn't Bully starting 13? He's awesome.

Kennedy seems a goer. Is he going to stay as a benchy? Can he and Flegler replace Lodge?

Piakura Status?

Also, from my observations of Cobbo, he doesn't seem to back up plays and isn't doing the 1%ers yet. I know he can run hard, but I've seen he get beat on the outside and his positioning in D has been lacking. Would love to be proven wrong here. Thoughts?

Tass can play now, his form hasn't been good enough. He is settling down now but I think you'd see a different player if he wasn't at Souths- who has the same form as him hot and cold. Starting to run well- breaks tackles but doesn't break the line.

Paix is the big improver of the ISC, he is getting better. His body shape has changed over the last 12 months. He's had a run now at hooker playing six games in a row which is the most he's ever played in 24 games. The try he scored against the Hunters showed me he can now judge and go and make an impact. His stamina has improved too. He's consistently getting through more than half the game.

Hetherington isn't a hooker and should never be there again. I was never sold on him there but lock I love it. The two boys are the same just tough players and find a way to get a result. The ball bounces for him because they put themselves in that position. I would even consider getting Zac too. Both great runners of the ball.

Bullemor is a great bench player and he should be getting 30 minutes or so, you'd see results and he'd change games if he was used at NRL level like he has been in ISC. So quick reacting and smart.

Piakura has been injured with a shoulder, came back and I have been luke warm on his form. Showed against Souths with Gamble with him what he can do but he is still finding his feet. Smith has put him back to the bench- he hasn't played now in a month. Off the bench against the Bears he came on and tried really hard in a side getting beaten like they stole something. While Souths was his best running game the Bears were his best dig in game and try and help out a bit. He did that well.

Cobbo I have written about a lot, I don't see a lazy player at all I just see a player that doesn't understand the little things about fullback yet. Which is ok he's six games into his career. He runs and beats tackles which is what he's been doing since he was six. He can kick goals too- he did in MM and played centre at the Falcons so he is versatile in different roles.

Tass can play now, his form hasn't been good enough. He is settling down now but I think you'd see a different player if he wasn't at Souths- who has the same form as him hot and cold. Starting to run well- breaks tackles but doesn't break the line.

Paix is the big improver of the ISC, he is getting better. His body shape has changed over the last 12 months. He's had a run now at hooker playing six games in a row which is the most he's ever played in 24 games. The try he scored against the Hunters showed me he can now judge and go and make an impact. His stamina has improved too. He's consistently getting through more than half the game.

Hetherington isn't a hooker and should never be there again. I was never sold on him there but lock I love it. The two boys are the same just tough players and find a way to get a result. The ball bounces for him because they put themselves in that position. I would even consider getting Zac too. Both great runners of the ball.

Bullemor is a great bench player and he should be getting 30 minutes or so, you'd see results and he'd change games if he was used at NRL level like he has been in ISC. So quick reacting and smart.

Piakura has been injured with a shoulder, came back and I have been luke warm on his form. Showed against Souths with Gamble with him what he can do but he is still finding his feet. Smith has put him back to the bench- he hasn't played now in a month. Off the bench against the Bears he came on and tried really hard in a side getting beaten like they stole something. While Souths was his best running game the Bears were his best dig in game and try and help out a bit. He did that well.
What are your thoughts on the Piakura contract?

What are your thoughts on the Piakura contract?

I would have signed him, just have to get his form and development matching the timing of the contract going up in value that's the thing to get right. He's probably not a top 30 player as of today so behind at the moment. Hopefully end of this year we're saying he's a top 30 player and then next year he's an NRL bench forward. He has to keep moving that way because that's the way his pay is moving.

a W from the boys is the only option for tonight.
Get em lads!

a W from the boys is the only option for tonight.
Get em lads!
Expecting a win tonight is a bit unfair for a team that has struggled so badly these past two years. StG are heavy favorites despite having their own concerns. I don't see a win tonight and I'm not sure if it'll even be close. Perhaps with the unpredictable nature of matches these days with the head contact crackdown might swing the match our way like it did against the Roosters or it could go the other way like it did against Manly. Dragons by 10+.

Expecting a win tonight is a bit unfair for a team that has struggled so badly these past two years. StG are heavy favorites despite having their own concerns. I don't see a win tonight and I'm not sure if it'll even be close. Perhaps with the unpredictable nature of matches these days with the head contact crackdown might swing the match our way like it did against the Roosters or it could go the other way like it did against Manly. Dragons by 10+.
I am expecting nothing but a win tonight.
I cannot see why we cannot win with only Haas and Staggs missing from our top squad.
Brisbane by 8.

I am expecting nothing but a win tonight.
I cannot see why we cannot win with only Haas and Staggs missing from our top squad.
Brisbane by 8.
Two pretty significant omissions though. Easily the best players on our team. I desperately hope you are spot on with your prediction.

I'm pretty nervous about this one and I don't know why exactly. This game is very winnable, or at least under normal circumstances it would be. I'm just worried the lack of Haas is going to seriously blunt our forward rotation, because no doubt Lodge will be playing longer minutes than he is used to, and of course nobody has any faith whatsoever in Flegler to do a job.

I dunno, I just feel like we're in a very vulnerable position to fall on our faces, especially away from home.

i was thiking of throwing a 1k in with a 9k return
Do we have a chance or am i throwing my money away?
If it's play money to you go ahead🤣. I certainly would not risk a grand on us at the moment.

I'm pretty nervous about this one and I don't know why exactly. This game is very winnable, or at least under normal circumstances it would be. I'm just worried the lack of Haas is going to seriously blunt our forward rotation, because no doubt Lodge will be playing longer minutes than he is used to, and of course nobody has any faith whatsoever in Flegler to do a job.

I dunno, I just feel like we're in a very vulnerable position to fall on our faces, especially away from home.
it will go one of two ways we will play like we did against the rosters we will win well orwe will fail like para/ manly and Melbourne games
so rocks and diamonds sigh ... but does makes the odds attractive

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.