International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Nice rare victory at Canberra.

What say you BHQ?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
McGuire is an absolute gun, and I thought the 2nd penalty against him was incredibly harsh. First was stupid for sure, though.

Hannant has really stepped up since being dropped. He's still got some errors in him though.

Parker is getting better with age. Shame about his goal kicking though.

My top 3, and all of them front rowers.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
A great win in the harshest conditions in the League. A try to Barba, a double to Copley, a barnstorming one to McG and a sitter for Glenn.

The Warriors, the Sharks and 2 byes are ahead of us. Top 4 going into the home stretch is a very likely scenario.

Only negative, PLEASE get Hoffman the **** out of the 6.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Loved it. Defence was great and everyone played well. Love to beat the raiders, one of a few clubs I truly can't stand.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Good defence won that for us. Our attack is shaping up well to with us finding ways to score. The first try to Copley was awesome to see with players backing up. Gillett laid on a fantastic pass too which was good to see.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Hodges really got us going in that 1st half. Hunt was good without being spectacular. Our forwards won us that game. Our online defence was spectacular and made us comfortable in the last 15 mins.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
great first half. great defense. second half was extremely messy from both teams.were just lucky raiders attack was woeful. but great win from the boys its never easy to play down in canberra

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
Great win all round. Excellent defence, and attack, while not as flash as last week, suited the conditions. Second half was a bit of a downer with too much dropped ball and penalties. McGuire was absolutely fantantastic, apart from that spear tackle - really stupid stuff. His second tackle on report was rubbish and should not have been penalised. While the spear tackle was not overly dangerous, I wont be surprised to see it a grade 1 charge, a charge for stupidity more than danger.

We have definitely come a long way from the first few rounds of the season, where many supporters including myself had written off top 4 aspirations. At this stage, I definitely think we are in with a big chance of top 4. Our progress throughout the season has been a hjoy to watch, especially the last few weeks.

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Now we go on to a well deserved rest then it's on to New Zealand.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
With the Raiders pining their hopes on Cornish and Wrighton, they could be in for some more pain. Maybe just an off night. Refereeing , both on field and video was appalling . Thank god it was not close. Jack Reed was good for us snuffing out their attacking raids. If this side can click a little more in attack any thing is possible.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I really hope the bye doesn't ruin the changes we've seen in the last 2 weeks.

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
Still god damned 6th though. This season's ladder is bananapants crazy.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Without getting ahead of myself (we were playing the worst team in the comp), i am loving our recent performances. Even hoff done a decent job with some good runs and kicks (couple of great bombs).

Things are looking up.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Not a great spectacle in the second half, but a satisfying win. I thought McGuire was good, McCullough and Hunt's kicking game was first class, except for Hunt not finding touch - that's rookie stuff.

Good, solid team effort. 4 in a row leading into the bye, so 10 points in 5 rounds of footy - not bad for what is usually a lean time for us.

T

T-rent

NYC Player
May 9, 2014
Great win boys , still need to improve on our attack looked lost at times. Can someone please help Copley with his hands! He Is playing good footy but needs to get those errors out of his game. Also fine Wallace and Maguire for every penalty they give away. It get the opposition easy meters and out of trouble.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Pretty well chuffed with that effort. I was nervous going in, I thought maybe the boys would find it hard to back up the effort against Manly last week but the Faders were never really in it. Our defence won that game - the boys just kept turning up! Canberra did themselves few favours but I also put some of that to our defence. Their one try was just about gifted by the refs!

Speaking of which - the officiating in the second half were utterly abysmal. The men in the middle lost control in the first few minutes and never got it back. Not top grade standard, at all.

Hopefully no serious injuries to come out of it, Macca limping off towards the end there concerns me a bit.

Overall, very very pleased. Top end to a three-day weekend!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Thought the Raiders really played into the Broncos hands tonight.

We love kicking to corners and it reaped a lot of rewards for us tonight - two tries which effectively won us the game.

What did you guys make of those tries?

Both were pretty controversial and had both commentators questioning the final call. Personally I was okay with the video referee making the decision that they did based on the original call but had that call been different, I could live with it being a try too. Definitely an element of luck, but you've got to take them. Besides, I thought the Raiders received their share of calls too.

Otherwise, thought it was a pretty even game. Brisbane held a slight advantage but were still making some poor errors out of dummy half while I just thought the Raiders ballsed up when they had their chances. Apart of that was down to some really good defence on the left edge, the other was just their young players having an off night.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.