Round 13 - Raiders vs Broncos - Pre-Match discussion

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Agree with all of this.

In regards to hodges they need to get the message through to him that we are no longer a one man team and he needs to just play his centre spot. I understand for him it must be difficult after all last year carrying us single handedly but at the moment he is hurting the team by his need to be in everything rather than just being the class centre that he is

He tried to do the same for Queensland too. In that environment you just have to trust your structures and not try and pull a win out of your arse. He has every right to feel like he needs to step in for the Broncos but not for Queensland. And hopefully not even for Brisbane now. If he does, then he needs to ask to be played at 5/8.

I've done the sums. It's not an emotional decision. In order to let everyone play where they are the best current fit, we need Hoffman on the wing, Copley in the centres, and Hodges at 5/8. With the win against a depleted Sea Eagles team, despite doing nothing except one decent grubber, Hoffman has vindicated being chosen again in Griffin's eyes, and won't be moved unfortunately.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
1 Barba
2 Vidot
3 Reed
4 Copley
5 Hoffman
6 Hodges
7 Hunt
8 McGuire
9 MC
10 Parker
11 Glenn
12 Thaiday
13 Gillett

14 Lowrie
15 Hannant
16 Wallace
17 Oates

I would like to see it for the rest of the year

Absolutely spot-on perfect.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
We always struggle in Canberra. We struggle on Monday nights too. I'll be watching, but won't be expecting a great game by any means. Think we can do it, but it will be tough.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
If broncos play good like they did yesterday it should be an absolute thrashing! But if they underestimate the raiders which is hard to do coz there shit, we will come close to loosing but still win like the match against the tigers.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
1 Barba
2 Vidot
3 Reed
4 Copley
5 Hoffman
6 Hodges
7 Hunt
8 McGuire
9 MC
10 Parker
11 Glenn
12 Thaiday
13 Gillett

14 Lowrie
15 Hannant
16 Wallace
17 Oates

I would like to see it for the rest of the year

A good team team but I'm unconvinced about Hodges (but he has to be better than Hoggman) and I'd prefer Hannant in the 10 with Parker back at lock and either Glenn ,Thaiday or Gilette on the bench. Otherwise good ! I'd love to see a genuine dedicated 5/8 though, like someone we signed recently !!!!

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Not sure how true but i heard a rumour MC is injured and set to be out for 6 - 8 weeks?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Not sure how true but i heard a rumour MC is injured and set to be out for 6 - 8 weeks?

He has already been assessed by the medical staff, it's nothing serious. He is in a little bit of doubt for this game, but it's not that bad...

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Damm I hope not. Losing him is the second worst possible thing that could happen to us, after losing Hunt. (knocking on wood)

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
happy for Hodges play 5/8th as long as he lets hunt control the attack. Copley and maranta are going too good to be dropped from their positions

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
three in a row coming into this game. things arent looking so bad all of a sudden. hopefully winning becomes a habit :)

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
three in a row coming into this game. things arent looking so bad all of a sudden. hopefully winning becomes a habit :)
It's not impossible that we could be second going into the bye after Monday night.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
I can't see any point in resting Hodges if he's fit to play. If we argue his fitness is always suss, then why bother?

My rationale is the cumulative effect of the intense Origin period. It seems he, and the selectors, are intent on him playing, and it will take it's toll. Better to allow him additional opportunity to recuperate now, when he most needs it.

Our upcoming draw is Raiders, Warriors, Sharks and a bye. Not exactly a murderers row. I'd rather him sitting those out, and be in better nick towards the pointy end of the season.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • the_next
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • TommieToona
  • BruiserMk1
  • Fozz
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.