Round 13 - Raiders vs Broncos - Pre-Match discussion

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't want Hodges at 5/8. A 5/8 needs to be disciplined and structured, and play accordingly. For mine, Hodges is neither disciplined nor structured. He does what HE thinks is best which mostly, is very good ... in the centres.

We beat Manly because we played disciplined, well structured and well executed plays, with Barba showing me he is getting back to form, and Hoffman did little wrong. The last thing we need is to stop the discipline and structure.

I can't see Hoffman being moved unless he single handedly loses us a few matches, and I mean as a direct consequences of poor play, and if he is dropped, IMO, Barba is a much better option as an emergency 5/8, or one of the younger talents than Hodges.

Hodges at 5/8 for mine is a backward step where each game is going to be one where I need a 2nd bottle of vodka and an extra Valium.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So long as Hunt keeps being given the role of conversions, we will keep winning.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
If can get our defense and completion rate to where it was a month ago should be a cracking game, need Cornish to start though as he's our only half that seems to play what's in front of him rather than sticking to a set idea.

If I was the Broncs I'd be targeting Milf, his mind definitely didn't seem on the job on the weekend, he'll either be rocks or diamonds due to his contract and playing his future team mates. It's another reason to start Cornish, playing with his mate has seemed to lift him when Cornish has come on.

He's a good prospect and I can't believe Ricky took this long to get him into the side personally.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
He's a good prospect and I can't believe Ricky took this long to get him into the side personally.

i can ricky is the second worse coach in nrl neally equal to the first most . doesnt take a genious to work out who the worst is :tape:.

But ricky is by far the most overrated coach in history of the nrl. i cant believe raiders fans were so excited when he came on board thinking there luck would turn around

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
i can ricky is the second worse coach in nrl neally equal to the first most . doesnt take a genious to work out who the worst is :tape:.

But ricky is by far the most overrated coach in history of the nrl. i cant believe raiders fans were so excited when he came on board thinking there luck would turn around

QFT

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
A good team team but I'm unconvinced about Hodges (but he has to be better than Hoggman) and I'd prefer Hannant in the 10 with Parker back at lock and either Glenn ,Thaiday or Gilette on the bench. Otherwise good ! I'd love to see a genuine dedicated 5/8 though, like someone we signed recently !!!!

Yes Darren played well for norths on the weekend he deserves a crack. Plus he can GK aswell.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Team List:

1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges ©
5 Dale Copley
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Corey Parker ©
11 Alex Glenn
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Matt Gillett

Interchange
14 Todd Lowrie
15 Corey Oates
16 Ben Hannant
17 Jarrod Wallace
18 David Stagg
19 Lachlan Maranta

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
So does this mean if Macca is sidelined then Granville will not slot into the 9?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Kennedy waaay on the outer now?!?!?

B

BroncosFan_Corey

QCup Player
Nov 2, 2013
Yes yes yes let's change a winning team...

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I'd expect Macca to play with 8 day turnaround and bye following week. If he doesn't perhaps Glenn goes to dummy half with Stagg as cover

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Rumour has it if Macca is out we will line up as

1. Maranta

6. Barba
7. Hunt

9. Hoffman

Because who needs to pass out of dummy half?

8372462.gif

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Shane Tronc
  • Howie
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • eggstar10
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.