Round 13 - Raiders vs Broncos - Pre-Match discussion

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I can't see McCullough missing this game. It is just a slight groin strain and he was taken off the field when it started getting a bit tight as a precaution.

He'll be right.

Hodges is still a good option at centre. He usually starts playing his best after an Origin game.

I wouldn't mind if Copley and Hodges swapped positions every now and then during a game.

Last edited:
Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
not sure if serious

Honestly, as good as Hodgo is he can also halt any momentum the team gains when he goes himself. If he can't stop trying to be superman and can learn to have some faith in his team mates. Tap him on the shoulder, a bloke who only plays half a season shouldn't be captain let alone allowed to control so much of the play.

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
I took a peek at Griffins pre game speech he has written down for this game.

All right boys we are up 2 wins in a row, which is almost 3! Now we can't ruin this streak so no more fancy pants football. One outs till the 5th and bomb it to their players so they will drop it and we can score off of it, ok?

Good! now go out there and save my career!

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Honestly, as good as Hodgo is he can also halt any momentum the team gains when he goes himself. If he can't stop trying to be superman and can learn to have some faith in his team mates. Tap him on the shoulder, a bloke who only plays half a season shouldn't be captain let alone allowed to control so much of the play.

I disagree with your sentiment.

Strongly.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I disagree with your sentiment.

Strongly.

And that's fine, however without checking for sure.. I'm pretty sure we've performed better without him this season and won more games. He needs to adapt to what the team needs and not try and be the hero the entire 80minutes.

If the boys are down a bit, do the 10m dash out of dummy half and inspire them.
If we are up and ball movement is going well, don't run into dummy half and dart out 10m when the play was progressing just fine in another direction.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Fair play.

Copley scored two solid tries on the weekend. However he also made 4 handling errors which everyone has seemed to have overlooked.

In fairness to Hodges, I think he only over plays his hand when the rest of the team are ballsing it up and nothing is happening.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Correct. When we're playing well his dummy half darts are well timed. When we're struggling, there's almost 2 or 3 per set.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Rumour has it if Macca is out we will line up as

1. Maranta

6. Barba
7. Hunt

9. Hoffman

Because who needs to pass out of dummy half?

This just means every 2nd play will be Hoffman running out of dummy half. We're either going to need a 2nd hooker on the field or we'll just let Hodges run it the next play.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I guess Kennedy hasn't impressed in ISC, not sure if we'll see him in Broncos colours again if he can't even get a run during origin period.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I guess Kennedy hasn't impressed in ISC, not sure if we'll see him in Broncos colours again if he can't even get a run during origin period.

Probably one of our worst signings EVER, nevermind this year.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Our worst signing ever would go to Michael De Vere....the second time.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Our worst signing ever would go to Michael De Vere....the second time.
depends how you look at it, he was signed to a cheap deal and got out early no longterm damage done, Kennedy is signed to a shitload, has delivered squat for the amount his on and a longterm deal so unless he turns it around it's easily the worst signing we have made.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Was De averse on big money though? Kennedy has got to be the worst.

U

unnerv1ng

NYC Player
Mar 19, 2014
Even Mick De vere got a run in origin!! Unfortunately Kennedy has been a flop. Forget him! **** him off and get Molo in there for next season, provided we retain Hannant who I think had his best game of the season.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
i doubt kennedy will be in broncos colours next year. remember early on in year there was rumours of a new club signing signed on decent money who upset a few of his team-mates on arrival with his attitude. most people and those in media were hinting towards it being kennedy. and i think that coupled with his form broncos have just completely givin up on him and hope another club offers him money so we can get him off our books asap

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd say our worst signing ever would be Clinton (+ Sims), not because he was worse than Kennedy (he was arguably better and cheaper), but because we lost Civo. If we spent that money to bump up Civo's contract, I reckon we would have won another premiership in 2008 or 2011.

Active Now

• Allo
  • MrMoore
  • Griffo
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Shane Tronc
  • Howie
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.