PRE-GAME [Round 14, 2022] Broncos vs Raiders

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Would have thought if Pereira was killing it in reserves, he'd get the call up on the wing and Cobbo could get a shot at centre. Bringing Lee is in probably a bit safer but not very threatening. A lot of Cobbo's highlights have come from the defence sweating on Staggs, I doubt they'll be as worried about Lee.
Less disruption if they just bring in a centre. If Staggs was out for the season, they'd probably move Herbie to right centre and Cobbo left centre.

Would have thought if Pereira was killing it in reserves, he'd get the call up on the wing and Cobbo could get a shot at centre. Bringing Lee is in probably a bit safer but not very threatening. A lot of Cobbo's highlights have come from the defence sweating on Staggs, I doubt they'll be as worried about Lee.
Brenko is no slouch with ball in hand though and from memory his game is a little more tailored to setting up his winger through flick passes, etc. compared to Staggs who's more about beating his man and getting into space.

If the defence is focussed on Cobbo, Brenko can no doubt beat his man and get the ball away to Cobbo... especially with the kind of ball he'll be getting from Reyno and TMM.

Brenko may be a calm head in defence as well... but it could be a slight concern having to chop and change inside defenders for Cobbo and a short preparation for him to get comfortable with Brenko's calls.

Hopefully Brenko can step up to the level required, as I believe he's not been great down in ISC... hopefully that was just him playing within himself so he's ready to go if a spot in the NRL came up.

Tend to agree, thought Papa looked like he hit the wall last year. If we are only getting 20mins out of him then maybe the time has come to look to the future.

Interested to see how Robati goes, had a poor start to the year and was dropped for a bit. Chance for him to remind us all how good he can be.
Last time he played he was good .
Held those front man passes from Gambler under heavy pressure like a boss and worked hard from the inside in defence . Interesting he played left side replacing Capewell . Previous we saw him on the right edge ?

So TC will be inside Ezra , Herbert and C Oates . And Brenko will be along side Cobbo outside Renolds and Riki .

Gonna be a test of the communication out on the edges .

Come on Brenko ! We have been waiting for this day .

Choo Choo .

Yeah TC was really good in his most recent game for us, best game of his career. The pack looks awesome even with Capewell out.

Brenko is no slouch with ball in hand though and from memory his game is a little more tailored to setting up his winger through flick passes, etc. compared to Staggs who's more about beating his man and getting into space.

If the defence is focussed on Cobbo, Brenko can no doubt beat his man and get the ball away to Cobbo... especially with the kind of ball he'll be getting from Reyno and TMM.

Brenko may be a calm head in defence as well... but it could be a slight concern having to chop and change inside defenders for Cobbo and a short preparation for him to get comfortable with Brenko's calls.

Hopefully Brenko can step up to the level required, as I believe he's not been great down in ISC... hopefully that was just him playing within himself so he's ready to go if a spot in the NRL came up.
With Brenko in, we have some pretty big outside backs. All over 190cm and 100kg. Should monster their opposites.

With Brenko in, we have some pretty big outside backs. All over 190cm and 100kg. Should monster their opposites.
Canberra has quite a few units in the outside backs too. Should be a good battle

Canberra attack with their left hand edge the most, they score 41% of their tries on that edge.

Brisbanes right hand edge in defence with Staggs has only conceded 14 tries all year. Only the Cows and Penrith have conceded fewer on that same edge..

So Brenkos got a job on his hands then if we are to continue to post stats like that against the Raiders...

Canberra attack with their left hand edge the most, they score 41% of their tries on that edge.

Brisbanes right hand edge in defence with Staggs has only conceded 14 tries all year. Only the Cows and Penrith have conceded fewer on that same edge..

So Brenkos got a job on his hands then if we are to continue to post stats like that against the Raiders...
My memory is that Brenko is generally good in defence or do I have that wrong?

My memory is that Brenko is generally good in defence or do I have that wrong?

He holds his own, but he does have his moments where you’re thinking, “what the **** were you doing there?”

It helps that our entire spine is not playing rep footy.

Staggs will be the biggest out in terms of how we play and has been pivotal in creating alot of tries for Cobbo, that said we do alot of cutout passes to our wing as well which don't involve the centre on the right side, not to mention we are very clearly a 2 sided attacking team, Capewell is a bit of an out as he has really good footy instincts but Robati is a very Mobile forward which works with how we play.

That said I think we should expect a possible early try by Raiders and a close first half and then the expected demolition in the second once Paix gets going, outside of Reynolds getting injured early on this is how I see it going.

not really possible. He’s been out injured for a few weeks and I don’t think he’s back yet. Even if he is, he hasn’t played in weeks, so not going to happen.

Hasn’t played in eight weeks.

I agree, Lee has been a real mixed bag this year. I really thought he could have done more at Souths. Certainly not poor but certainly not improving things too much.

His defence has been good but his attack has been off. With young halves I had been expecting more.

Left side Canberra = Jack Wighton ...

I agree, Lee has been a real mixed bag this year. I really thought he could have done more at Souths. Certainly not poor but certainly not improving things too much.

His defence has been good but his attack has been off. With young halves I had been expecting more.
Mm, it certainly is an interesting decision to play Lee. I definitely think we would've been better served with hoeter, and it's also suprising as I would've thought he would've been the next cab off the rank as he is often our 18th man

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.